The Biden Border Crisis

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: The Biden Border Crisis

Post by easyrider16 »

If these deaths were the result of open border policies, why did they have to sneak into the country in the back of a tractor trailer?

Cute though how guys like Abbott are now pretending to care about what happens to people trying to cross the border yet somehow didn't see a problem with the fact that Trump's policies were ripping children from their parents.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 11:27
If these deaths were the result of open border policies, why did they have to sneak into the country in the back of a tractor trailer?

Cute though how guys like Abbott are now pretending to care about what happens to people trying to cross the border yet somehow didn't see a problem with the fact that Trump's policies were ripping children from their parents.
Good spin queezy.

The blood of 51 illegal migrants are on Sleepy's hands. What a loathsome POS he is.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Spare us your false outrage. We all know you couldn't care less about the people who died trying to cross the border. You're just using the deaths of these people as a means to snipe at your political opponent. Frankly, I find that disgusting.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 15:19 Spare us your false outrage. We all know you couldn't care less about the people who died trying to cross the border. You're just using the deaths of these people as a means to snipe at your political opponent. Frankly, I find that disgusting.
Oh I don't care about these people because I'm not a lefty? Got it. You're a deep thinker I see.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 16:16
easyrider16 wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 15:19 Spare us your false outrage. We all know you couldn't care less about the people who died trying to cross the border. You're just using the deaths of these people as a means to snipe at your political opponent. Frankly, I find that disgusting.
Oh I don't care about these people because I'm not a lefty? Got it. You're a deep thinker I see.
That's not what I said at all but I'm not surprised by the fact that you didn't actually read what I wrote.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 17:35
throbster wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 16:16
That's not what I said at all but I'm not surprised by the fact that you didn't actually read what I wrote.
I've read it several times and I'm still missing the source of your accusation as well.
easyrider16 wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 11:27 the fact that Trump's policies were ripping children from their parents.
Missing the source of this one as well. And I don't mean the biased media source, I mean whose policy it is that children don't accompany parents that are arrested.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 29th, '22, 06:44 Missing the source of this one as well. And I don't mean the biased media source, I mean whose policy it is that children don't accompany parents that are arrested.
This has been discussed on these forums before. Here's a good summary:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_adm ... ion_policy
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

DC and NYC mayors complaining about too many illegals coming to their sanctuary cities is hysterical.

Mayorkas stating that the border is closed is sad. Baldheaded incompetent fool.

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Wow, the rich liberals of Martha's Vineyard sure look like racist. NIMBY. Get those brown skins off our island! Such hypocrites. You get what you vote for.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jul 22nd, '22, 07:50 DC and NYC mayors complaining about too many illegals coming to their sanctuary cities is hysterical.
They seem pretty reasonable to me when you actually read them in context. There's a big difference between migrants coming to your city through the usual channels and the governor of a state literally dumping busloads of them on your front steps. Here is what the NY mayor actually said:
“New York has been and will always be a city of immigrants that welcomes newcomers with open arms. This value has made our city a beacon of freedom for people around the world and the economic and cultural powerhouse that it is. These very same humanitarian values apply to those who are experiencing homelessness. In New York City, we have both a moral — and legal — obligation to house anyone who is experiencing homelessness for any reason.

Currently, New York City is experiencing a marked increase in the number of asylum seekers who are arriving from Latin America and other regions. In some instances, families are arriving on buses sent by the Texas and Arizona governments, while in other cases, it appears that individuals are being sent by the federal government. In order to both meet the legal mandate as a right-to-shelter city and provide high-quality shelter and services for those who enter our system, New York City needs additional federal resources immediately. If we do not get these urgently needed resources, we may struggle to provide the proper level of support our clients deserve, while also facing challenges as we serve both a rapidly growing shelter population and new clients who are seeking asylum. We are calling on the federal government to partner with New York City as we help asylum seekers navigate this process, and to provide financial and technical resources.

By law, asylum seekers have a right to be in the United States while they seek humanitarian protection. In New York City, we are responsible for the provision of services and infrastructure for newly arrived asylum seekers and currently residing populations alike. We’ve been in discussions with our federal partners on this matter and look forward to a quick resolution.
https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayo ... um-seekers
throbster wrote: Sep 19th, '22, 11:38 Wow, the rich liberals of Martha's Vineyard sure look like racist. NIMBY. Get those brown skins off our island! Such hypocrites. You get what you vote for.
I don't see anything racist about transporting migrants to the nearest shelter available to house them. I'm not sure if you've heard, but Martha's Vineyard is an island with limited housing available. It's not like they moved them to a ghetto, either - they moved them to Cape Code, which is also full of very expensive vacation homes owned by rich liberals.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote: Sep 19th, '22, 11:38 Wow, the rich liberals of Martha's Vineyard sure look like racist. NIMBY. Get those brown skins off our island! Such hypocrites. You get what you vote for.
So what should they do with them? Have them sleep on the beach?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

And what should the border towns in Texas do?🤔

- Simon and Garfunkel
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Aug 13th, '21, 11:12 It's getting worse and worse on the border. Basically a super spreader event like no other. People in cages, yet that little commie twat AOC hasn't done a dramatic photo shoot outside a holding facility. Go figure.
you could care less. youre right its all political theater on behalf of "progressive" frauds like AOC, but you could care less about those people. spare us.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

No, we have far more of a labor shortage than a wage shortage. You're wrong there 100% and have zero understanding of the business climate in America if that's what you believe.

There are underpaid jobs out there to be certain, but there are tons of great paying jobs as well that can't be filled due to lack of available talent. Go talk to HR at any hospital in the country. Talk to people in the trades. The talent pool isn't deep enough.

Your world view is isolated, uninformed and the little you do know is full of bias more than fact Ash.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Sep 19th, '22, 13:18 And what should the border towns in Texas do?🤔
Myaybe exactly what Massachusetts did? Treat people decently, transport them to shelter, and allow the immigration courts to process their asylum requests. I wouldn't blame them for doing what NYC did and ask for some federal money to help.