The Biden Border Crisis

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: The Biden Border Crisis

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 7th, '21, 20:06 I believe you are mischaracterizing what the President of Guatemala actually said.
While the White House has said its message is clear, Biden's messages of compassion for immigrants have been misused by human smugglers, according to Giammattei.

"They used his message and turned it around to tell people, 'Now is the time. They will receive you. Let's go.' The message is confusing," Giammattei told ABC News' John Quinones in his first U.S. television interview.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-a ... d=76931611

I don't think Biden ever said immigrants will be welcome. I think he just said he wanted to end the inhumane treatment they were receiving under the Trump admin.

As for coming here legally, I agree, but keep in mind that requesting asylum is a legal means of immigration.
I watched him say it on tv with my own two eyes while campaigning. I remember thinking to myself that it would come to bite him in the ass if he wins. He won and now his administration is flip flopping.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

daytripper wrote: Jun 7th, '21, 19:57
Bubba wrote: Jun 7th, '21, 19:33
daytripper wrote: Jun 7th, '21, 19:03 As long as they come here legally I have no problem with them either.
See Immigration Act of 1924. As a result of the limitations on immigrants and, of course, Nazi atrocities, many of my relatives’ names can now be found at Yad Vashem. When I visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington and saw all the photographs of people from the Vilnius area who died, it struck me that some of those people could very well have been my family who were barred from coming here and reconnecting with others who came earlier. Don’t talk to me about coming here legally or otherwise.
I'm sorry about your family, but if you want to come here you need to do it legally. If we had open borders and anybody could just come in we would have much bigger problems. We have immigration laws for a reason.
The 1924 laws to which I refer, including the Asian Exclusion Act, were designed to limit the immigration of so-called "undesirables". Our immigration laws have more often than not been passed to limit non-Western European immigrants. Our laws today limit Latino and other immigrants and, whenever a fix is proposed (i.e. compromise legislation under Bush 2), all hell breaks loose on Fox News etc. calling it "amnesty". Sorry...some laws are simply wrong. Would you defend laws based on "separate but equal"? Of course not, yet that was the law.

Nobody (well almost nobody) supports open borders, but we need to fix our immigration policies and laws and allow refugees the asylum they need. We are a nation of immigrants, many of whom were refugees just like those coming north now. They come with the energy needed to make a dangerous trek of a thousand or more miles and risk their lives to get here. They are for the most part brave, hardworking people seeking a better life and we owe it to ourselves and to them to take them in. This is far more than a poem. It is who we are as a nation.
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

My wifes mother, aunts and uncles came here legally from El Salvador. They came on work visas, became permanent resdidents, and her mother just recently became a citizen. Her father came legally from Pakistan and is a permanent resident. Those are both "non-desirable" countries but they all found a way to get here legally. I did not say that our immigration laws are not in need of change. But until that happens they need to be followed. Just asking for asylum does not mean a person is truly in need of it. If we let in everybody that claimed asylum we would be overrun. Unfortunately life is not always fair and we cannot solve all the problems of the world.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Bubba wrote: Jun 8th, '21, 11:00
daytripper wrote: Jun 7th, '21, 19:03 As long as they come here legally I have no problem with them either.
See Immigration Act of 1924. As a result of the limitations on immigrants and, of course, Nazi atrocities, many of my relatives’ names can now be found at Yad Vashem. When I visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington and saw all the photographs of people from the Vilnius area who died, it struck me that some of those people could very well have been my family who were barred from coming here and reconnecting with others who came earlier. Don’t talk to me about coming here legally or otherwise.
I'm sorry about your family, but if you want to come here you need to do it legally. If we had open borders and anybody could just come in we would have much bigger problems. We have immigration laws for a reason.
The 1924 laws to which I refer, including the Asian Exclusion Act, were designed to limit the immigration of so-called "undesirables". Our immigration laws have more often than not been passed to limit non-Western European immigrants. Our laws today limit Latino and other immigrants and, whenever a fix is proposed (i.e. compromise legislation under Bush 2), all hell breaks loose on Fox News etc. calling it "amnesty". Sorry...some laws are simply wrong. Would you defend laws based on "separate but equal"? Of course not, yet that was the law.

Nobody (well almost nobody) supports open borders, but we need to fix our immigration policies and laws and allow refugees the asylum they need. We are a nation of immigrants, many of whom were refugees just like those coming north now. They come with the energy needed to make a dangerous trek of a thousand or more miles and risk their lives to get here. They are for the most part brave, hardworking people seeking a better life and we owe it to ourselves and to them to take them in. This is far more than a poem. It is who we are as a nation.
So you must be cool with people cutting lift lines, right?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Dude .. the Northern Triangle ain't VT, NH & ME :banana:
No problemo .. Kamala told em to keep out. She tough 💪

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

throbster wrote: Jun 8th, '21, 12:29
Bubba wrote: Jun 8th, '21, 11:00

So you must be cool with people cutting lift lines, right?
Absurd analogy aside, if they said their life depended on it, yes. Then it would need to be checked out. Temporary asylum in the gondola. (Well, maybe not for snowboarders. :wink: :wink: )
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

thats plankism
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. proudly in support of plankism .. forever 8)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Guatemalan signs to vp Harris

Kamala. TRUMP WON

CLASSIC
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Attachments
Screenshot_20210610-090203.png
Screenshot_20210610-090203.png (551.21 KiB) Viewed 1233 times

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Here's an idea for all the bleeding hearts on this forum...
Attachments
Screenshot_20210610-112439.png
Screenshot_20210610-112439.png (919.91 KiB) Viewed 1225 times

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Kamala visits Guatemala

EVEN THEY KNOW TRUMP WON
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bigjohnski wrote: Jun 10th, '21, 16:09 Kamala visits Guatemala

EVEN THEY KNOW TRUMP WON
Pathetic......trump lost dude, time to move on.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Tell that to the rest of the world

Biden is a lying fraud and a joke. Biden and his gang of thieves should be thrown in jail.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

they already know the loser lost and is not getting reinstated,only the losers thing he is
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis