OT: Covid Vaccinations

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

OT: Covid Vaccinations

Post by G-smashed »

How is everybody doing at getting vaccinated?
I'll start...I'm 70 with a serious underlying condition. I've registered on Hackensack UMC, Riverside Medical Group, and all of the local drug chains. They all say there is no vaccine available and I should check back. Now they say there will be more vaccine on 3/15, We'll see.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Re: OT: Covid Vaccinations

Post by jimmywilson69 »

being almost 44 and in pretty good health, I'm at the end of the line and that's okay by me. Although I know of 2 people a decade younger than me that played the "obese" card and got vaccinations in PA. I think considerably less of those people now.

my father and mother were also able to get vaccinated with both rounds already. Dad had a kidney transplant in '99 and was high risk. glad they got it but many older and at risk people haven't been so lucky.

This rollout has been a sh*t show at the Federal and State levels. We should be doing better at this...

Good luck all. I wish I didn't have to wish you good luck...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Both my parents and in-laws managed to get vaccinated in MA. The web site to register is apparently confusing and difficult to navigate, but they kept at it and found spots. It was pretty haphazard, with one spouse having to go to one place on a certain date, and another spouse having to go to a different spot on a different date, etc. They also had to drive an hour plus to the various vaccination sites. Thankfully all four of them are quite spry and capable so there were no issues.

Wife got vaccinated because she's in health care. I'm planning to get vaccinated whenever the regular joes are allowed to get it, hopefully sometime late spring.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Wife is scheduled for tomorrow in MA, 10 minutes down the road, got an appointment without issue online.
ImageImageImageImage
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

G-smashed wrote: Mar 10th, '21, 12:50 How is everybody doing at getting vaccinated?
How you ask? I'm sure you want it in the ass, butt I'm pretty sure the health care professionals generally opt for the shoulder.

On another note, did you see that China is requiring international visitors to get anally swabbed for the virus? I'm surprised this has not gotten more media coverage. I don't know if it is everyone or a select group. Washington Post linky:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source ... U&ampcf=1

A Q Tip 1-1.5 inches up the anus? I don't think so. Just another reason not to go to that shithole country.

Dick Simmons, out.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Wife and I both got our first shots Monday. Appointments were back to back at a pharmacy about 30 minutes away. Took weeks to score the appointments.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

seems to be working in bucks
wifes done and i'm 1/2way
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

easy peasy here in vt. everything went smoothly from registering on the vermont health site to getting the first shot yesterday courtesy of RRMC.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

I got my first one yesterday at beautiful Aqueduct raceway. Incredibly I had never been there before, I barely knew where it was.

It went very smoothly from parking to shot to leaving. (well that wasn't so good - I wound up at JFK Airport trying to get back on the Belt)

Using the NY Web site I had a hard time getting an appointment. Then one time I tried and I guess they had just released a ton of appointments all at one - I had my choice of days and times and each 15 minute time slot said there were 400 available.

Pfizer vaccine and they give you an automatic return appointment. The shot was painless. My arm hurt a bit last night, now it is back to normal.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I have been trying the MASS vax website to no avail (Age 65). Out of the blue, MGH/Brigham sent my wife an email to register for a vax last Saturday, she gets her dose one this Saturday. This morning MGH/Brigham notified me, and I go next Wednesday for my dose one. MGH/Brigham is what Partners Health Care has rebranded themselves. Both of us have primary care doctors with other organizations too. We should be two dose + 14 days by mid April
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Vermont’s system has been a piece of cake for both me and H. We both preregistered on the state’s website then, as our brackets opened, got our appointments within 5 minutes of the brackets’ opening times. I got my shot (in my arm Humpty) two weeks ago this past Saturday and H got hers last Thursday. Took each of us less than 25 minutes from start to finish, including having the second shot appointment set up on our way out. Couldn’t have been any simpler unless they showed up at our door and saved us the travel time to Rutland.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I got my first dose from Memorial Sloan Kettering because I'm a patient there. My next dose will be on 3/19. Skidork managed to get an appointment today for April 21 because starting today the age has been reduced to 60+ in New York. He also managed to get an appointment for the Snow Princess because she delivers food for restaurants on the days she's not working and she works in a hair salon so she needs it for that too. Her appointment is not until May though.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Demand in Mass has exceeded supply by probably 10 to 1 so the websites definitely have had episodes of crashing and being overloaded (I joked with my wife that trying to get on was like trying to get tickets to a big concert the second they go on sale and then you find it is sold out in 5 minutes). With that said, both my parents and my mother in law (all over 75) were able to get appointments and I was able to get mine under the "companion rule" to someone over 75 here in MA. My wife is in health care and received hers in late December.

Definitely some disgruntled folks here in MA, but it seems that the state has done a reasonable job in getting a high percentage of available doses into arms, so while the website experience could have been improved, I think most of the challenges were simply based on supply and demand. But as to the website it has been "luck of the draw" for who in the currently eligible groups gets one. I know people who have tried for days and days with no luck and I know people who got one pretty easily and right away.
Don't Killington Pico
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

my mother is signed up to get her shot(s) in NY in april, which im super pumped for. im young and healthy, so i'm nowhere near eligibility, however i signed up for a nationwide waiting list for missed appointments:

https://hidrb.com/

im all for people getting their shots in the order that is from most needed to least, however, i dont want to see any shots end up in the trash. maybe ill get lucky and get a missed appointment. or a shot sometime this summer. partner is very skeptical and does not want the vaccine at all, which is unfortunate.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

No pre registration in NH, so when my age group starts on 3/22 it will be who is the faster typer, which won't be me! I got bumped down to 2B group for the teachers, but we start 3 days after they do and they are already getting shots with our largest district in Manchester scheduled for this Saturday. Number of available doses has more than doubled in our small state since this started.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22