Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DES
Slalom Racer

Re: Covid Impact On Vermont Ski Areas

Post by DES »

machski wrote: Apr 8th, '21, 19:49
DES wrote: Apr 8th, '21, 08:25
Bubba wrote: Apr 7th, '21, 17:22 Pretty much as expected :sad:
As much as I enjoy untracked snow, it is sad how empty Cannon was all season midweek. I think I'll try to research what their assumed visits were when the season ends. I'll be happy sharing the slopes with others spring skiing at Killington, not many good mogul runs created with the lack of people at Cannon.
That and they groomed Upper Hardscrable. Why??!!! The cats got Lower Hardscrable when they added snowmaking there!
I'm with you, it hurts me any time it's groomed. I'd rather see a caution sign or a rope instead of it ever being groomed (I prefer Middle Hard coming from Upper on top-to-bottom runs though, and leave Lower as a late day run from the Peabody chair).
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Big Bob wrote: Apr 9th, '21, 04:27 Gov Scott finally comes to his senses with a practical rule concerning travel into VT:

The state of Vermont has recently updated their travel restrictions. Beginning tomorrow, Friday, April 9, visitors to Vermont no longer need to quarantine as long as they have a negative COVID test within 3 days of entering the state.
Oh great. So He can go sit on his thumb. I followed his guidelines. I had some epic days at Cannon. Money not spent in VT.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

This website is full of violators. Fat privileged people in bay 1 posting pics. Completely stupid.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

ANGUS wrote: Apr 10th, '21, 20:18 This website is full of violators. Fat privileged people in bay 1 posting pics. Completely stupid.
Most of those people hanging out with each other are fully vaccinated like me. Are you vaccinated?
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Angus....to quote Animal house..."Fat drunk n stupid..is no way to go thru life:. YOU...not those Bay 1 peeps you so freely make judgement on. Asshat....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Attachments
williedamnedscots.jpg
williedamnedscots.jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 874 times
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Apr 11th, '21, 12:24
ANGUS wrote: Apr 10th, '21, 20:18 This website is full of violators. Fat privileged people in bay 1 posting pics. Completely stupid.
Most of those people hanging out with each other are fully vaccinated like me. Are you vaccinated?
Nope. Never buy the first model year of a new truck. I'll let everyone else test drive it first to find the side effects. I did follow the law and not cross the river to ski. I wish you well Ty and hope you are on the up swing in your battle. :like
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote: Apr 11th, '21, 13:05 ..................................................
:like
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

DES wrote: Apr 10th, '21, 08:58
As much as I enjoy untracked snow, it is sad how empty Cannon was all season midweek. I think I'll try to research what their assumed visits were when the season ends. I'll be happy sharing the slopes with others spring skiing at Killington, not many good mogul runs created with the lack of people at Cannon.
That and they groomed Upper Hardscrable. Why??!!! The cats got Lower Hardscrable when they added snowmaking there!
I'm with you, it hurts me any time it's groomed. I'd rather see a caution sign or a rope instead of it ever being groomed (I prefer Middle Hard coming from Upper on top-to-bottom runs though, and leave Lower as a late day run from the Peabody chair).
Middle by far has and always been the best of the 3. I don't know if my memory is failing me but hadn't skied Cannon since High School in the 90's til this year. When did they widen Upper and Middle, I thought I remembered them being much tighter.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

machski wrote: Apr 12th, '21, 12:39
DES wrote: Apr 10th, '21, 08:58
Middle by far has and always been the best of the 3. I don't know if my memory is failing me but hadn't skied Cannon since High School in the 90's til this year. When did they widen Upper and Middle, I thought I remembered them being much tighter.
It's wider, but as far as I've seen over the years it was gradual as trees next to the trail got damaged in storms and had to be cut down, not like they planned widening. The good thing that has changed on purpose is Red Ball is there, before that trail was cut after skiing Middle we had to walk uphill each run (you can see the uphill portion right at the Red Ball sign).
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote: Apr 11th, '21, 13:05 Angus....to quote Animal house..."Fat drunk n stupid..is no way to go thru life:. YOU...not those Bay 1 peeps you so freely make judgement on. Asshat....
Fellas, PLEASE stop fighting. It's making me put my hands over my ears with all the anxiety it's creating. You know how sensitive I am.

Quote of the day: "farts equal funny." ~ author unknown

Flounder, out.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

it's a bad look, and its been going on all season waaaaay before anyone besides the elderly in care facilities and health care workers could get vaccinated.

that being said, i think its unlikely that outdoor gatherings with distance - mask or not - are unlikely to spread covid.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

asher2789 wrote: Apr 15th, '21, 18:24
it's a bad look, and its been going on all season waaaaay before anyone besides the elderly in care facilities and health care workers could get vaccinated.

that being said, i think its unlikely that outdoor gatherings with distance - mask or not - are unlikely to spread covid.
Love being one of those fat privileged jaded locals that hangs in Bay 1 for the season. Thanks for the glowing reviews. We even had unmasked singing and dancing going last Saturday.
IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0943.jpg (350.93 KiB) Viewed 419 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Apr 16th, '21, 05:33 Love being one of those fat privileged jaded locals that hangs in Bay 1 for the season.
I hadn't noticed you were fat, or privileged, or jaded. I've only seen that you are great to be with and enjoy life and skiing...I guess I have to pay more attention to things.