New Rioting in MN

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

New Rioting in MN

Post by ANGUS »

You won't find this on TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1v7TH3nGk They smashed cop cars. It's ok for the left to do what they want because they are " appressed"? That video clearly shows the ignorance of tifa and blm. Its time to bring out the snow plows and loaders to clear the streets of this garbage.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: New Rioting in MN

Post by easyrider16 »

I think anyone on this forum is going to tell you the same thing - the violence is wrong and perpetrators should be arrested. /broken record. Also, ABC news, among others, reported the violence.
Demonstrators gathered shortly after the shooting and crash, with some jumping on top of police cars and confronting officers. Marchers also descended upon the Brooklyn Center police department building where rocks and other objects were thrown at officers, Minnesota Department of Public Safety commissioner John Harrington said at a news conference. The protesters had largely dispersed by 1:15 a.m. Monday, he said.

Harrington added that about 20 businesses had been broken into at the city's Shingle Creek shopping center. He said law enforcement agencies were coordinating to tame the unrest, and the National Guard was activated.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/min ... t-77013203

Btw I scanned through that nearly two hour long video and noted that the protest, which lasted many hours, was largely peaceful. I don't think it's fair to lump peaceful protestors in with vandals.

Another thing - you call them "the left" but I think that's overly simplistic. If the violent protestors here are "the left" than the people who stormed the Capitol are "the right." In reality I don't think either label is entirely fair.

Yet another thing - it bothers me that people are willing to completely dismiss the subject of the protest because there was violence at the protest. By contrast, most that I observed who criticized the Capitol riot also addressed the alleged election fraud claims. Where's your analysis of whether this new shooting was justified? Because based on what I've read so far, it looks like it might not be a good shoot.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

People that break the law should be held accountable. Doesn’t matter their political party, skin color, religious views, etc.

I'm also not exactly sure where "It's ok for the left to do what they want" came from?
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Apr 12th, '21, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

ANGUS wrote: Apr 11th, '21, 23:53 You won't find this on TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1v7TH3nGk They smashed cop cars. It's ok for the left to do what they want because they are " appressed"? That video clearly shows the ignorance of tifa and blm. Its time to bring out the snow plows and loaders to clear the streets of this garbage.
Right again.......First thing I saw when I turned on network TV news this morning.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I saw a piece on CBS this morning about these protests, and they did mention that there was violence and vandalism. They also talked about the shooting itself, which again looks pretty suspect.

Apparently this was a traffic stop where they found the driver had a warrant, and the driver tried to get into his car and drive away when they shot him. Reference earlier threads on here where we discussed when it's justifiable to shoot a fleeing suspect. The legal answer is only when the suspect presents a threat of serious bodily harm or death to police or others. I haven't heard yet what the warrant is for, but unless it's for some form of murder or aggravated A&B, I'm not sure how this is justifiable. Another key point is there was a passenger in the car, so by shooting at the driver the officer endangered a civilian.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

How about those VA State Police officers handling of that Army 2nd Lieutenant? Wow

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-pull-g ... d=76992531
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Saw that too this morning. Pretty shocking and angering, but kudos to the PD for quickly firing the police officer involved.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Video of the MN police shooting has been released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1MoQEsUkQ8

The police chief stated that he believed the cop mistakenly grabbed is gun instead of his taser and shot the kid at close range one time. Not intentional, but not a good shoot. Kudos to the police chief for being that forthright that quickly.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Another fool resisting arrest.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Do you think anyone who resists arrest should be shot and killed? The army officer pulled over and pepper sprayed in VA was also resisting arrest. Should he have been shot and killed?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 12th, '21, 12:59 That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Do you think anyone who resists arrest should be shot and killed? The army officer pulled over and pepper sprayed in VA was also resisting arrest. Should he have been shot and killed?
For someone who seems hung up on false equivalencies, you just made one. I suggested the man was a fool for resisting arrest. I did not say he deserved to be shot.

Too many cops are killed while making arrest, and assholes like the MN governor are going to get more killed.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Too many suspects are killed by cops making arrests, too. Unless we address it, more will get killed.

And I'm not making any equivalencies. I'm just asking you questions about your opinion. Your statement of "Another fool resisting arrest" seemed rather callous and not in keeping with a thorough consideration of all that happened, here. I don't think the MN stop was the same as the VA one, but in both, the suspects were resisting arrest. Was the VA army officer a fool?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Not exactly sure how she mistakes a Glock from a taser. She is clearly yelling taser, but they don't look or weigh the same ....
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

We are all very lucky to live where we do. We have not had these shannigans around here. :like
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Pretty good article that examines police protocols regarding taser deployment and accidentally grabbing a service weapon.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... r-gun.html

One big violation is that police are not supposed to use tasers on people operating motor vehicles. I see this as an inadequate training issue. Police should train for these scenarios regularly, not just at the academy. Apparently MN training requirements are only 48 hours every three years. That's only two days of training per year. Not enough. Rather than defunding police, we should provide them with more and better training.

https://dps.mn.gov/entity/post/continui ... rting.aspx