So what did everyone do....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Wow, K still has a continuous lower headwall....that's just killing me right now.

Spent the weekend exercising the knee, packing boxes for my move next month, and working from home since I'll be in Cali for a week starting Tuesday 8)

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

andyzee wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:Wow. I sure wish I was up at K today instead of here.
What difference would that make? Don't tell me you'd hike for turns :lol:
Yes, it would have made a difference.....whether I would have hiked for turns or just hiked, I only wish I was in VT at the hill instead of here or somewhere where I can see snow. All day I've been telling myself "And this too shall pass."
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Today was warm and I was still looking at snow through the trees as I sat on my deck doing the Sunday NY Times crossword puzzle. For anyone interested, you could still hike lower Supe and ski some turns.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Phantom wrote:Yard work. Lots of it. And more of the same tommorrow.

Oh well, at least I could see the MtnBike in the back of the garage. :cry:

Maybe I'll get enough stuff shuffled around so I can get it out of there this week.
Mine is in the living room, always ready to go......well i dont have a garage.
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Hmmm-- Saturday--- let me see if I remember that far back..........

Oh yea-- woke up and made Blitzen some breakfast then got ready for a ride at the MDC in West Hartford. Started out on the Albany Ave side for a change of pace. Really hot in the lot but once we got into the woods the temp dropped by 10deg. It was gorgeous!!! Went up the fenceline for our favorite loops, then doulbled back up the long fire road to the power/gas line onto the Metacomet trail. Real dry in Ct also. Usual mud holes were dry. :cry: I like mud. Anyway-- we ended up riding for about 3 hours. Great ride at the MDC in W. Hartford Ct. Been there numerous times so I know my way around pretty well. Great mix of terrain-- fireroads, nice x-country single track and some nice downhills.

The ST is real smooth in places with some nice switchbacks and dowhnhill sections. . Plenty of terrain features, logs, log piles, rock gardens, drop offs, etc. Went for a shorter ride today.

Day off tomorrow then maybe Ringwood or Grahm Hills on Tuesday after work.

Busted my saddle Sat--- effin rail just snapped-- I was able to keep riding but one side of the seat was real soft. :lol: pickup up replacement today.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. :D
1918 lives
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Ski-N-Sail wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote: I wonder if there is any snow left on Superstar and if anyone did any hiking and made some turns.
Looks like a good amount of snow still on SS as of Friday

I bet SBF did the hike and made some turns. Had I been up I would have hiked for sure. I did enjoy being on the liquid stuff today though since it was about 90 down here.
Phantom
Slalom Racer

Post by Phantom »

Wow. The last time I skied in June there wasn't that much snow on it.
And the lift was turning then. :?
Should have taken a ride to VT.
The jungle would still be here. :roll:
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Played music until 2AM Friday night and went to the Govt Mule show at Hunter...
Incredible weekend...
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

We were actually in your neck of the woods Bubba. We drove around K, Pittsfield, and Mendon scoping ou properties. It was just Token and I b/c the kid was home w/ the grandparents. It was really nice to have a weekend away, just us two.

We slept in and on Sunday we looked at more places, packed up the condo and went to visit Doc No and his lovely Frau Sehr. Their place is absolutely incredible. I wish I had remembered to charge my digicam because I'd love to have their spectacular mountain view from their backyard as my screensaver. This is a historic home, and some of the details are just gorgeous. They also have a river to canoe and fish in right in their backyard!

Once they kicked us out, we went back to K and hiked up Snowshed and thru the woods. It was a really golden, beautiful afternoon. It's amazing how summer just arrived, just like that--no warning. What an incredible weekend it was.
8)
Sprite
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

I went to Sears and bought a new wet/dry vac. Then proceeded to use it to vacuum the 5 or so gallons of water that the washing machine so graciously dumped all over the floor.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

BigKahuna13 wrote:I went to Sears and bought a new wet/dry vac. Then proceeded to use it to vacuum the 5 or so gallons of water that the washing machine so graciously dumped all over the floor.
Is it time to replace that washing machine then?
KrisSkis
Black Carver

Post by KrisSkis »

Spent most of the weekend with my son at his lacrosse tourneys. Was damn hot here all weekend and now i am sitting here witha fan blowing on me because i feel like a fried tomato...sunburned bad...yes i know...i forgot the sunscreen...LOL...kids are nice and tan...they dont burn like me...son has the funniest tan that goes from the top of his ankles to his knees from always wearing his cleats and shorts during lacrosse. I think im going to go jump in a tub full of ice...bye.
To hell with Utah...send the snow here :-)
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:I went to Sears and bought a new wet/dry vac. Then proceeded to use it to vacuum the 5 or so gallons of water that the washing machine so graciously dumped all over the floor.
Is it time to replace that washing machine then?
no. just a hose.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

between us one armed team we managed to cut the grass-damn, those dandelions grow huge up here!!! they came up thru the new stones we had put down on the washed out driveway. planted some impatiens, went for a drive down to okemo-never went in that direction before!!!drove to the top of the mountain, a bit hazy, but oh so green. startled a big wild turkey. vermont is so pretty.
was armed for bugs, no black flies, no mosquito bites, but catarpillars are out big time at my house!!!
there must have been 15 in one place on the railing and when i shouted, they all danced in unison :shock: it was pretty funny :lol:
of course, i had to keep doing that.
i forget which ones i should smoosh :evil:
it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Sun.Started at one end of the Perennial rock garden and crawled to the other ,weeding every inch!Can't spray it cause of all the other flowers and because I have rock paths I have to weed them all as well.
Must of sweat off 5lbs. and got sunburn as well!The sun reflects off the rocks and really turns the area into a Sauna! But the steaks on the grill and cold ones made it all worth it as the day ended Sunday!