Social Media and the Trump Ban

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Social Media and the Trump Ban

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 7th, '21, 10:31
easyrider16 wrote: May 6th, '21, 16:50
throbster wrote: May 6th, '21, 13:40 Remember when Big Tech shut down Parler? Who the hell made them the arbiter of truth? Unelected oligarchs deciding what we can and cannot view? This should disgust all of you.
Parler was back up in a month. Why should Parler be able to force companies to work with it? A private company deciding not to do business with another private company doesn't bother me one bit. I'll tell you what disgusts me. When a President of the United States lies about election fraud, over and over, until people riot and storm Capitol Hill based on the lie.
You can't have it both ways cupcake...

https://babylonbee.com/news/study-finds ... -foolproof
I'm not sure how this is relevant to the issue of whether or not you think it's okay that the U.S. President lied about fraud, over and over, until people rioted and stormed Capitol Hill. Nonetheless...

I do believe Putin tried to influence the 2016 election. The Trump administration's own intelligence agencies provided the evidence. I do not believe he hacked any voting machines, as there is no evidence of such. There is a ton of evidence that his people were and are still trying to influence U.S. public opinion via internet memes and fake articles and the like. Did it sway the 2016 election results? Who knows. I'm not sure any intelligence agency actually made that claim.

As to Trump's claim that Democrats rigged the 2020 election, there's literally no evidence of it, and certainly not on a scale that would have affected the election. Again, the Trump administration's own AG and homeland security agencies confirmed this, as did the results of numerous court decisions.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

again who made you judge and jury sleazyrider16???

that's you opinion and nothing else
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Correct. But I would point out that all the actual judges Trump filed lawsuits before ruled against him. And some of them were made judges by Trump.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Pretty simple

Trump stops with the BS lies about tens of millions of fraudulent ballots and he can get his binky back.

Until then? F off
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier wrote: May 9th, '21, 13:57 Pretty simple,Trump stops with the BS lies about tens of millions of fraudulent ballots and he can get his binky back. Until then? F off
That's certainly a message of unity and compassion. If you consider "BS Lies" about fraudulent ballots as valid than, I'll assume that you also have no issue with the forensic audit of said ballots and voting apparatus?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

:dis
Fancypants wrote: May 9th, '21, 19:50
deadheadskier wrote: May 9th, '21, 13:57 Pretty simple,Trump stops with the BS lies about tens of millions of fraudulent ballots and he can get his binky back. Until then? F off
That's certainly a message of unity and compassion. If you consider "BS Lies" about fraudulent ballots as valid than, I'll assume that you also have no issue with the forensic audit of said ballots and voting apparatus?
Sidney Powell, the Kraken herself, said her story about voting machine fraud was a bunch of BS. Now you've got crazy GOP members in Arizona looking for traces of bamboo because some Q idiot posted on the internet that millions of ballots were shipped in from Asia

As Joe would say, Come on man!

Not interested in unity and compassion with conspiracy theorists like Trump and the idiots that believe his lies and still support him. Find someone else that isn't insane
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: May 10th, '21, 05:49Now you've got crazy GOP members in Arizona looking for traces of bamboo because some Q idiot posted on the internet that millions of ballots were shipped in from Asia
Important to note they’re not reviewing down ballot races though. Those mail in ballots must be secure I guess?
Senator Paul Boyer (R) wrote:It makes us look like idiots
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote: May 9th, '21, 13:57 Pretty simple

Trump stops with the BS lies about tens of millions of fraudulent ballots and he can get his binky back.

Until then? F off
Trumps claims are all about votes that did not follow the letter of the law. A good example of this is Pennsylvania that opted to do the voting a bit different than the law prescribed. It went before the Pennsylvania supreme court, and they allowed it, even though it was not "to the letter" of the law. Many other states did the same, but not all states changes were challenged in court (prior to the election). Now if you turn around and toss out all ballots that are not to the letter of the law, Trump wins. If you instead take all good faith ballots that were cast as the states asked their voters to do, you get the results we actually saw. Its simple, Trump is not "wrong" per say, but the idea behind what he is calling for is.

The above is WHY some states, generally Republican run, are changing their laws. This is to have hard and fast rules in place that cannot be "fudged" in the event of another pandemic.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dickc wrote: May 10th, '21, 14:28

Until then? F off
Trumps claims are all about votes that did not follow the letter of the law. A good example of this is Pennsylvania that opted to do the voting a bit different than the law prescribed. It went before the Pennsylvania supreme court, and they allowed it, even though it was not "to the letter" of the law. Many other states did the same, but not all states changes were challenged in court (prior to the election). Now if you turn around and toss out all ballots that are not to the letter of the law, Trump wins. If you instead take all good faith ballots that were cast as the states asked their voters to do, you get the results we actually saw. Its simple, Trump is not "wrong" per say, but the idea behind what he is calling for is.

The above is WHY some states, generally Republican run, are changing their laws. This is to have hard and fast rules in place that cannot be "fudged" in the event of another pandemic.
I can't speak to every state, but your use of PA as an example is a poor one. PA's Supreme Court ruled that mail-ballot deadlines be extended until three days after Election Day. 10,000 mail-ballots arrived after Election Day. Even if all 10,000 were for Trump, he loses PA by 70,555 votes ...
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 10th, '21, 14:41

Until then? F off

I can't speak to every state, but your use of PA as an example is a poor one. PA's Supreme Court ruled that mail-ballot deadlines be extended until three days after Election Day. 10,000 mail-ballots arrived after Election Day. Even if all 10,000 were for Trump, he loses PA by 70,555 votes ...
You missed the point that the extensive allowance of mail in ballots is not codified in PA law, but PRIOR to the election, the PA SJC allowed it because with the pandemic, it was the only reasonable way to get anyone who wanted to vote, a ballot, AND promote distancing. If you only allowed the mail in ballots that were actually prescribed BY LAW, then most would have been disallowed, and Trump would have won. I believe what that PA SJC did, was in the best interests of the people, and that the final tally there, and elsewhere is a FAIR and REASONABLE result. (Biden won, and its as it should be.)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dickc wrote: May 10th, '21, 14:47
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 10th, '21, 14:41

Until then? F off

You missed the point that the extensive allowance of mail in ballots is not codified in PA law, but PRIOR to the election, the PA SJC allowed it because with the pandemic, it was the only reasonable way to get anyone who wanted to vote, a ballot, AND promote distancing. If you only allowed the mail in ballots that were actually prescribed BY LAW, then most would have been disallowed, and Trump would have won. I believe what that PA SJC did, was in the best interests of the people, and that the final tally there, and elsewhere is a FAIR and REASONABLE result. (Biden won, and its as it should be.)
Act 77, which legalized no-excuse mail-in voting, was passed by PA's Republican Senate and signed into law by Gov Wolf before COVID in 2019. The only part not codified was the extension beyond Election Day, which I referenced above. Trump's claims are without merit.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Dickc wrote: May 10th, '21, 14:47 You missed the point that the extensive allowance of mail in ballots is not codified in PA law, but PRIOR to the election, the PA SJC allowed it because with the pandemic, it was the only reasonable way to get anyone who wanted to vote, a ballot, AND promote distancing. If you only allowed the mail in ballots that were actually prescribed BY LAW, then most would have been disallowed, and Trump would have won. I believe what that PA SJC did, was in the best interests of the people, and that the final tally there, and elsewhere is a FAIR and REASONABLE result. (Biden won, and its as it should be.)
You also must understand that even if he managed to flip PA, he still would not have had enough electoral votes to win, right? He needed to flip at least 2 or perhaps 3 (depending on which ones) in order to prevail.

Trump filed lawsuits all over the place. Not one single lawsuit out of 60 or so resulted in a state result being overturned. I'd say the "letter of the law" arguments he was making lacked merit based on those results. It's especially telling that some of those judges were Trump appointees.

See here:
https://www.abajournal.com/news/article ... tion-cases
Last edited by easyrider16 on May 10th, '21, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Until then? F off

Trump, Powell and Rudy all attacked Dominion as having compromised machines. You've got people like Fancy pants here STILL believing him.

This was him just this Friday. This is not about votes cast against the letter of the law. This is him essentially claiming fake ballots. This should not be defended or tolerated. He is straight up gaslighting

May 7, 2021

At 6:31 in the morning on November 4th, a dump of 149,772 votes came in to the State of Michigan. Biden received 96% of those votes and the State miraculously went to him. Has the Michigan State Senate started their review of the Fraudulent Presidential Election of 2020 yet, or are they about to start? If not, they should be run out of office. Likewise, at 3:42 in the morning, a dump of 143,379 votes came in to the state of Wisconsin, also miraculously, given to Biden. Where did these “votes” come from?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Here's the thing that strikes me. All those absentee ballots? We know who cast them. We can talk to them. We can poll them and find out who they voted for. It wouldn't be all that hard to prove fraudulent voting. Trump could have done that on a limited basis before the EC voted and brought that evidence into court. He didn't. So far no one has done it. I think we all know why.

As to the change in election laws, I think you'd have to be pretty naive not to see it as an attempt by Republicans to tip the scales ever so slightly in their favor. There's a reason Republicans are the only ones supporting these bills and Democrats universally oppose them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk