Social Media and the Trump Ban

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Social Media and the Trump Ban

Post by Bubba »

Trump also should’ve challenged the laws before the election, not after. It was the campaign’s plan all along to challenge after the fact and cast doubt on the election he knew he was bound to lose.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

What's really cute is that Trump declared absentee voting in FL to be reliable, then voted absentee in FL, yet FL was one of the first states to pass a bill restricting absentee voting.

I think Republicans look pretty bad here when it comes to these voting bills.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier wrote: May 10th, '21, 15:24
Trump, Powell and Rudy all attacked Dominion as having compromised machines. You've got people like Fancy pants here STILL believing him.
I'm not believing anyone at this point just curious in the name of election integrity and making sure my vote actually counts for it's full value. There were many statisically improbable, if not impossible things that occurred during the Nov election that makes me question the process as it existed this year. The strong push back and stonewalling from the left regarding any serious forensic auditing of ballots/machines is also very interesting, if this past election was so free and fair why would they fight so hard to prevent/block such audits and examinations?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Fancypants wrote: May 10th, '21, 20:45
Trump, Powell and Rudy all attacked Dominion as having compromised machines. You've got people like Fancy pants here STILL believing him.
I'm not believing anyone at this point just curious in the name of election integrity and making sure my vote actually counts for it's full value. There were many statisically improbable, if not impossible things that occurred during the Nov election that makes me question the process as it existed this year. The strong push back and stonewalling from the left regarding any serious forensic auditing of ballots/machines is also very interesting, if this past election was so free and fair why would they fight so hard to prevent/block such audits and examinations?
What was statistically improbable?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: May 10th, '21, 20:45The strong push back and stonewalling from the left regarding any serious forensic auditing of ballots/machines is also very interesting, if this past election was so free and fair why would they fight so hard to prevent/block such audits and examinations?
What pushback are you talking about? What stonewalling? I did a quick search on post election audits. I found there were audits done in MI, GA, PA, WI, and AK, then I stopped searching. I'm betting if I kept searching, I'd find a lot more. They all confirmed election results and indicated the voting machines were highly accurate.

Sources:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 884982002/
https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/ ... ntial_race
https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylvania ... story.html
https://elections.wi.gov/publications/r ... ment-audit
https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/12/14 ... ng-system/

The only place that I could find a real controversy is Arizona. The Republican-led Senate ordered an audit of just Maricopa County rather than a full audit. Democrats sued to stop it after observing it over concerns that they weren't doing it fairly and weren't following established election law on these matters. I don't see that as stonewalling?

Here's a problem I do see. In AZ, there have already been multiple full post-election audits that showed no issues. Something similar is happening in GA - they had multiple recounts/audits that confirmed results, yet Republicans are calling for another audit. I think the problem here is that Republicans seem like they want to keep recounting until they get the results they're looking for. I think it's pretty fair to push back on that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-au ... pa-county/

The more I research this, the more I find that I can't believe we're still talking about it. The evidence is overwhelming that there was no significant fraud. Recount after recount, audit after audit, lawsuit after lawsuit - there has been zero success in finding evidence of significant fraud, and not for lack of trying. Republicans are pushing a dangerous lie in trying to undermine integrity of the last election. That should make you angry.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Democrats and this administration, are focused on policy .. doing things that America approves of. That dominates the news cycle.
Republicans have few options in gaining the attention of the populace. Their deposed idiot in chief has been rendered essentially silent. So, they stage the cyber ninja farce, do a closed door session bill signing in FL, attempt to steal the limelight with the Cheney fiasco, loan Rudi legal fees and completely ignore their child sex fiend congressman. When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose.

I remember a time when Republicans stood for something.
Good luck with Stefanik leading the way out of the ‘darkness’

:zzz

.. yeah .. ‘statistically improbable’ .. that’s the ticket :lol:
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

brownman wrote: May 11th, '21, 08:32.. yeah .. ‘statistically improbable’ .. that’s the ticket :lol:
Cyber Ninjas doing a county-specific audit in AZ was pretty statistically improbable.

My statistics / audit background tells me if Cyber Ninjas haven't found fraud issues in ~250k ballots out of ~2M, likelihood is low they find any material fraud. Certainly a low likelihood that 40k ballots were imported from Asia, but that won't stop Cyber Ninjas from checking for bamboo fibers.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Bamboozled

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Fancypants wrote: May 10th, '21, 20:45
So you are a relying on Cyber Ninjas to restore your faith in election integrity? LOL

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/arizona- ... 28671.html

“It makes us look like idiots,” state Sen. Paul Boyer of suburban Phoenix told The New York Times in an article published Sunday. “I didn’t think it would be this ridiculous. It’s embarrassing to be a state senator at this point.”

Boyer has joined a growing army of Arizonans appalled by the Republican-dominated state Senate’s recount operation that targets only races won by Democrats in the county that includes Phoenix. The private company hired by the Senate, Cyber Ninjas, has no experience with ballots or elections, and is owned and operated by right-wing conspiracy theorist Doug Logan, who subscribes to the “big lie” that the presidential election was rigged against former Republican President Donald Trump.

Those who believe Trump's election fraud claims and that the election was stolen will be remembered as some of the dumbest and most gullible people that ever lived.

Maybe they should send Cyber Ninjas to look for Obama's birth certificate!!!