Covid vaccination resistance

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Fancypants
Black Carver

Re: Covid vaccination resistance

Post by Fancypants »

My how things have changed since the last post on 5/7, doubt the "science" is changing that fast. Just another example of how political this whole pandemic has become. For a virus that I'm only .08% likely to die from and now being fully vaccinated 95% likely not to contract or transmit, I like the odds. It's all theater at this point.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

The science is constantly evolving. A lot can change in a week with a disease this new. The CDC changed the guidance once studies showed that vaccinated people are highly unlikely to transmit the virus. Before that we didn't know, and it made sense to err on the side of caution.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited by easyrider16 on May 20th, '21, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Fancypants wrote: May 20th, '21, 21:15 . For a virus that I'm only .08% likely to die from
Because it's all about you right?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Question - how on earth is wearing a mask in any way related to a left-wing agenda? Do you people think wearing a mask will cause people to suddenly support more liberal policies? Do you think that politicians who tell people to wear masks will somehow become more popular? I don't get the connection.

You can tell me it's about control, but my response is, to what end? What does it achieve to force people to wear masks unnecessarily? Seems to me the only thing it would accomplish is pissing people off, and I have no idea why the left would want to do that.

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I think it has something to do with cannibalism and a pizza shop in Washington, DC but I may be wrong.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote: May 20th, '21, 23:11 I think it has something to do with cannibalism and a pizza shop in Washington, DC but I may be wrong.
:lol:

Or it could just be narcissism, might explain why they can’t stop talking about their decision.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: May 20th, '21, 21:25 The science is constantly evolving. A lot can change in a week with a disease this new. The CDC changed the guidance once studies showed that vaccinated people are highly unlikely to transmit the virus. Before that we didn't know, and it made sense to err on the side of caution.

I don't buy that, it was purely politics that made the guidance change. Neither side cares about the science.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Believe what you want, but they actually did cite to two studies, one of which was published on May 6, the other on May 14. They also cite to the declining numbers in hospitalizations and deaths. Until someone gives me evidence to suggest otherwise, the evidence we do have seems to point to a science-based decision.
CDC says that yes, this decision was based on the current state of the pandemic in the U.S., along with evidence that vaccines are extremely effective in the real world. "That science, in conjunction with all of the epidemiologic data that we have, really says now is the moment," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky told NPR on Thursday.

Walensky notes that the number of cases, hospitalizations and deaths in the United States have declined significantly in recent weeks. That suggests that because of vaccination — and because some people are immune because of previous infection with the coronavirus — the pandemic is gradually coming under control.

Walensky has also cited several recent studies of health care workers as evidence that vaccines provide excellent protection against disease. One CDC study published Friday found that across 33 sites, vaccinated health care personnel were much less likely to get sick with COVID-19 than those who were unvaccinated.

Another recent study conducted at a major medical center in Israel followed about 5,500 fully vaccinated workers for two months. Of those, just eight developed any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fevers or headaches. Another 19 tested positive for the virus even though they had no symptoms. This rate of infection was significantly higher for workers who choose to not be vaccinated. It's hard to compare that very low rate of infection directly with the risk to the general public. These workers were at much higher risk for infection because they worked in a hospital, but they also wore masks, which limited their exposure.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ve-learned
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

ha ha ha...NPR... National Palestinian Radio....chock full of.... self important , bloviating asshats.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

You know what's also interesting? Before the CDC updated it's guidance on masks, people on these forums were complaining that mask-mandates were politically motivated. Then the CDC updates their guidance and says hey, you can stop wearing masks if you're vaccinated. And how do people on here react? They say, oh, it must be politically motivated.

So it was politically motivated when they wanted you to wear masks. Then it was politically motivated when they told you that you could stop wearing masks. How does that make any sense?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: May 21st, '21, 09:53 You know what's also interesting? Before the CDC updated it's guidance on masks, people on these forums were complaining about a left-wing conspiracy to keep us all in masks, and that mask-wearing was politically motivated. Then the CDC updates their guidance and says hey, you can stop wearing masks if you're vaccinated. And how do people on here react? They say, oh, it must be politically motivated.

So it was politically motivated when they wanted you to wear masks. Then it was politically motivated when they told you that you could stop wearing masks. How does that make any sense?
I’m telling you...it’s the pizza shop in DC. It all goes back to their basement.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: May 21st, '21, 09:53 You know what's also interesting? Before the CDC updated it's guidance on masks, people on these forums were complaining that mask-mandates were politically motivated. Then the CDC updates their guidance and says hey, you can stop wearing masks if you're vaccinated. And how do people on here react? They say, oh, it must be politically motivated.

Of course it's all politically motivated. These are politicians we are talking about. If you don't think the CDC is politically motivated than I've got another bridge to sell you.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I don't think the CDC is politically motivated. I think Joe Biden is. I think the CDC is a bunch of doctors that are motivated by what doctors are generally motivated by. They aren't politicians like Joe.

If you have evidence to suggest that Joe pushed the CDC to make a politically motivated decision, that's another matter. Do you have such evidence?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Just because there in not readily available evidence does not mean something is not true. The CDC is most definitely politically motivated. To think differently is just naive.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

What makes you think they are politically motivated?