Covid vaccination resistance

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Covid vaccination resistance

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: May 21st, '21, 11:12 What makes you think they are politically motivated?
Reality.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I'm sorry but I don't generally accept conclusions that don't have some evidentiary support. Just an assumption that they are politically motivated based on, I'm not even sure, your preconceived notions? That doesn't carry much weight with me. Fact is, the CDC has cited studies and scientific evidence as the basis for their guidance. I don't see a reason to suspect some political motivation without additional evidence to support that theory.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Joe was having a bad week, and shazam, the CDC changes the guidance. Simple as that. Were you concerned about evidence when it was RUSSIAN COLLUSION? Of course not.

Please explain why Pelosi requires masks on the House floor? I want to say it's about control. She goes home everyday to her lair and cackles about her power to her flying monkeys.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 21st, '21, 11:22 Joe was having a bad week, and shazam, the CDC changes the guidance. Simple as that. Were you concerned about evidence when it was RUSSIAN COLLUSION? Of course not.
I'm not sure what the Russian collusion case has to do with this, but there certainly was evidence in that case. Enough for a federal judge to agree there was probable cause to issue a FISA warrant, at the very least.

Btw, there was quite a bit of evidence that Trump's administration pressured the CDC to change their guidelines. So far I haven't seen anything that would suggest Biden was/is doing the same.
throbster wrote: May 21st, '21, 11:22Please explain why Pelosi requires masks on the House floor? I want to say it's about control. She goes home everyday to her lair and cackles about her power to her flying monkeys.
What relevance does this have to anything we are discussing? Why does it matter to you if Pelosi wants people to wear masks in Congress?
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: May 21st, '21, 11:24
throbster wrote: May 21st, '21, 11:22 Joe was having a bad week, and shazam, the CDC changes the guidance. Simple as that. Were you concerned about evidence when it was RUSSIAN COLLUSION? Of course not.
I'm not sure what the Russian collusion case has to do with this, but there certainly was evidence in that case. Enough for a federal judge to agree there was probable cause to issue a FISA warrant, at the very least.
What specific evidence of Russian collusion can you cite? Just because Adam Schiff and the media tell you it's the truth doesn't make it the truth. In regards to the FISA Court, they were blatantly and IMHO intentionally misled by the DOJ and FBI, time and time again for political reasons. Can you name me one pre-dawn warrant/"raid" that's been served on a Democrat/progressive political figure or Organization? Bias!
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: May 21st, '21, 20:55 What specific evidence of Russian collusion can you cite? Just because Adam Schiff and the media tell you it's the truth doesn't make it the truth. In regards to the FISA Court, they were blatantly and IMHO intentionally misled by the DOJ and FBI, time and time again for political reasons. Can you name me one pre-dawn warrant/"raid" that's been served on a Democrat/progressive political figure or Organization? Bias!
Try digging up the thread where we discussed it ad nauseam. There were lots of references there. As I said, it's not relevant to the topic of discussion in this thread.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: May 24th, '21, 11:11
Fancypants wrote: May 21st, '21, 20:55 What specific evidence of Russian collusion can you cite? Just because Adam Schiff and the media tell you it's the truth doesn't make it the truth. In regards to the FISA Court, they were blatantly and IMHO intentionally misled by the DOJ and FBI, time and time again for political reasons. Can you name me one pre-dawn warrant/"raid" that's been served on a Democrat/progressive political figure or Organization? Bias!
Try digging up the thread where we discussed it ad nauseam. There were lots of references there. As I said, it's not relevant to the topic of discussion in this thread.
Completely relevant to this conversation and you dodged my question. Besides who made you Judge and Jury of what's relevant to the topic?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The title of the thread is covid vaccination resistance, dude. You're bringing up sh!t that happened *years* ago during a different administration. It bears no relevance and was discussed in great detail in other threads. Go dig them up if you want to dredge up old memories. Frankly, I think you need to get over the perceived past slight to your tribe and move on to the present day, but if you want to get into it, it's all there. I suggest as a starting point you take a look at the Mueller report, which details numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. You can also look at the FBI's FISA application. I'm not saying there was conclusive evidence of collusion, as I don't think they were able to prove that case. However, the assertion that there was no evidence is clearly false. There certainly was sufficient evidence to justify an investigation, and during the investigation Trump quite clearly attempted to obstruct justice, providing a grounds for impeachment.
Last edited by easyrider16 on May 26th, '21, 08:17, edited 4 times in total.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

We really hate ourselves ...

GOP governor and lawmakers clash over vaccine policy
https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2021/05/ ... ne-policy/
The legislation would ban vaccine requirements on customers, employees or students from businesses, hospitals, nursing homes, K-12 schools, colleges, daycares, or others. It would also prevent governments, insurers, or businesses from offering incentives for people to get vaccinated, or even requesting that people get vaccinated.

In interviews, public health experts warned the legislation would hold the door open for infectious diseases to spread among Ohioans.

Under the bill, a small business owned by asthmatics or cancer survivors — both of whom are at higher risk of serious COVID-19 complications — would have no legal right to require or even request that employees or customers who come inside be vaccinated. That’s according to Dorit Reiss, a professor with a focus on vaccine policy from the UC Hastings College of Law.

“It’s against business rights, it’s against the individual rights of private businesses, it’s against safety, and it’s in support of the virus,” she said.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Since this is political, I figured this graph was relevant.
E122CCAD-C236-492D-BDB1-C57ADF8440E6.jpeg
E122CCAD-C236-492D-BDB1-C57ADF8440E6.jpeg (102.85 KiB) Viewed 750 times
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautifu ... nated_and/
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

How can you tell if someone is vaccinated? Ask them who won the 2020 election! :barebutt:
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 5th, '21, 17:56
Dickc wrote: May 5th, '21, 17:17 I also believe that not all people who have NOT run out to get a vaccine are either MAGA or anti-vaxxers. I think there are a lot of people who, perhaps inconvenienced by the whole pandemic, are equally or more inconvenienced by needing to wade through online ques, and really just will only consider it when there is plentiful vaccine, and the ability to just walk into CVS, Walgreens, their primary care office, or such and just get one. That option is only NOW just becoming available, so many just need to know that, and happen by one of these places when it fits THEIR convenience. They just are not THAT convinced that they need to prioritize a vaccine for the world to get back to normal.
This. One of my family members won’t get vaccinated until it’s “easy”. Walk-ins in PA just started becoming available last week.
the VT health website was really easy to set up an appointment, and going to the rutland holiday inn was pretty easy (which is soon closing as it's not needed anymore). its really easy to make an apt at a local pharmacy through the website, just click your preferred pharmacy (different ones are giving different vaccines if that matters to you), put in your information, select a date for the first vaccine, select a date for the second vaccine, and you're good to go. you don't need to sign up for an account or anything anymore if going through the pharmacy pages so that's one less hassle. and there's also walk in clinics around the state, although none for the time being in the rutland area.

also, for the non-tech savvy / don't have internet access / computer, there was also a phone number one could call to set up a vaccine apt. obviously that wouldn't apply to anyone on this page, but i'm sure some VTers took advantage of that option.

i just got my second shot today (at the holiday inn), and my partner is about to get her first shot in a few days (she was more hesitant than me, but is also having minor surgery and needs to schedule around that).
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

spanky wrote: May 5th, '21, 17:10
G-smashed wrote:I'm sorry I have to post this in the political forum. The politicization of this national emergency is a disgrace.
Anti-vaxxers and MAGA supporters are prolonging this nightmare for all of us. I have now had both shots and I hope for the day
when we can ditch the masks and safely resume life as we knew it.
While I agree with you that this is a public health issue and everyone should get vaccinated, I disagree with you lumping anti-vaxxers with MAGA supporters. Not all anti-vaxxers are MAGA and not all MAGA are anti-vax.
also seconding this. i'm probably the furthest left person on this board, and i have all my shots except chicken pox (long story). but i was hesitant mainly because i don't trust big pharma or the medical industry in this country for personal reasons, including losing a parent to medical malpractice, and the long history of shady behavior for profit in healthcare.

at the end of the day though, when i was younger i used to party a lot and did my fair share of whatever club drugs were handed to me - if i survived that, there cant be anything worse in this vaccine lol. and also the horrors of what's going on in india, how young people are dying left and right - i would be stupid to pass up the privilege of easy vaccine access.

my partner, who was more hesitant than me and is almost as far to the left as i am politically (and also has all of her shots), was hesitant for other reasons. mainly - "whats in it" "whats the long term consequences" "i dont get a flu shot why should i get a covid shot" "im young and healthy". of course the first thing i did was point out that shes been a cigarette smoker for half of her life so its plain hypocrisy to worry about whats in the vaccine. but really, she realized the social ramifications and how she felt judged as being "ignorant" for not getting the vaccine, and had some of her clients look at her sideways when she expressed hesitancy. so for social and professional reasons she has changed her mind and will be getting the vaccine.

judging people who are hesitant on the vaccine as being ignorant MAGA supporters and anti-vaxxers is 1. stupid and 2. counterproductive. the best thing to do with people who are hesitant is empathize, and if possible try to persuade them gently.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

or..... amazingly?...just mind yer own phukin business. Nah....not likely to fly here....