Palestine

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Re: Palestine

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Thank you. BEST news of the day. In summation?...DONT f*** WITH ISRAEL.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

One other important point about Hamas is that it is not stritctly a militarly organization. It has a social services wing and it is a political party that was elected as a majority in the Palestinian parliament. This is another point that distinguishes it from a terrorist organization like Al Queda. I'm not saying Hamas are a bunch of good guys, as I disagree with their violent methods and religious ideology. But I'm not sure it's strictly accurate to call them a terrorist organization, either.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: May 15th, '21, 09:29 One other important point about Hamas is that it is not stritctly a militarly organization. It has a social services wing and it is a political party that was elected as a majority in the Palestinian parliament. This is another point that distinguishes it from a terrorist organization like Al Queda. I'm not saying Hamas are a bunch of good guys, as I disagree with their violent methods and religious ideology. But I'm not sure it's strictly accurate to call them a terrorist organization, either.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

The Irish Republican Army was a terrorist organization with a political wing too. So was the Irgun. The fact that you have a political goal does not make it any less a terrorist organization.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

It's not just that they have a political goal. They are actually involved in the legitimate political process as a popularly elected political party. The same can't be said for the IRA, for instance. Consider a different perspective - was the colonial continental congress a terrorist organization? Hamas obviously fights dirtier than the colonists did, but aside from that, how is it different?

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: May 15th, '21, 13:55 It's not just that they have a political goal. They are actually involved in the legitimate political process as a popularly elected political party. The same can't be said for the IRA, for instance. Consider a different perspective - was the colonial continental congress a terrorist organization? Hamas obviously fights dirtier than the colonists did, but aside from that, how is it different?

You must be an anti-semite with your defense of Hamas. Shame on you. Shut your f*** mouth.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 17th, '21, 07:39 You must be an anti-semite with your defense of Hamas. Shame on you. Shut your f*** mouth.
I am not defending them. Multiple times above I have said they are in the wrong. Maybe work on your reading comprehension a little. Also back off on the ad hominem attacks. And shut my mouth? didn't you just criticize me not long ago claiming that I didn't like dissenting views? Seems to me telling someone to shut their mouth is basically telling them not to offer their dissenting view. Projection, maybe?

Oh hey, you know who's known for making anti-semitic comments? Your boy Trump:
“Dear @POTUS,” the American Jewish Committee tweeted Sunday afternoon, “Much as we appreciate your unwavering support for Israel, surely there must be a better way to appeal to American Jewish voters, as you just did in Florida, than by money references that feed age-old and ugly stereotypes. Let’s stay off that mine-infested road.” Calling the comments “deeply offensive” and “unconscionable,” the Jewish Democratic Council of America said in a statement, “We strongly denounce these vile and bigoted remarks in which the president—once again—used anti-Semitic stereotypes to characterize Jews as driven by money and insufficiently loyal to Israel. He even had the audacity to suggest that Jews ‘have no choice’ but to support him. American Jews do have a choice, and they’re not choosing President Trump or the Republican Party, which has been complicit in enacting his hateful agenda.” The group’s executive director added: “Jewish support for the GOP has been halved since Trump has been in office, from 33 percent in 2014 to 17 percent in 2018, because Trump’s policies and rhetoric are completely antithetical to Jewish values.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12 ... ic-remarks
See also:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09 ... acism.html
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2020/ ... residents/
https://www.wgbh.org/news/commentary/20 ... convention
...and many more if you care to google.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Seriously.....youre ripe...for a punch in the phukin face. Ad hominem my fuzzy nutz....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

'Gbh....blogs...you SERIOUSLY have shown YOUR truest colors.... FYI...deflecting aint your forte....
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote: May 17th, '21, 08:14 Seriously.....youre ripe...for a punch in the phukin face. Ad hominem my fuzzy nutz....
Cool, now you're threatening physical violence over a post on a forum just because you disagree?
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

YUP!.....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Children....behave.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Well, I think it's a bit more of a problem than a couple of people acting childish on the forum. This seems to be the political ideology Trump is pushing - if someone disagrees with Trumpism, you shout them down, insult them, and resort to physical violence if they don't shut up. This is the sort of ideology that led to what happened at Capitol Hill, among other places.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

dude....give it up. The MORE you crank n whine?...the bigger the dildo you come across as. Hell...even DJT would concur....
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

easyrider16 wrote: May 17th, '21, 09:42 Well, I think it's a bit more of a problem than a couple of people acting childish on the forum. This seems to be the political ideology Trump is pushing - if someone disagrees with Trumpism, you shout them down, insult them, and resort to physical violence if they don't shut up. This is the sort of ideology that led to what happened at Capitol Hill, among other places.
I see it as the Republicans attempting to counter the Democrat Progressive stance and their cancel culture. I don’t agree with EITHER. I do see it as a somewhat natural reaction. I am bringing it up because there is not enough push back on the Progressive front by general media that leans Progressive. People like to bitch about Fox, but they DO call out the Progressive overreach. I just wish more media would call them out too.

I see no place for it from either side.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I agree with you. Democrats do this too. There just aren't many of those around on these particular forums. I think Fox factual reporting is generally highly accurate. I think they, like CNN and others that are more left-leaning, choose to highlight particular facts and ignore others. That's why I try to read news articles from both.

However, I think Trumpism is something different. It's far more militant. Think of Trump's speech before the Capitol Hill riot where he's frothing with obviously false claims of election fraud, and Guiliani's comments about trial by combat. It's a lot more intense than anything before from either side.

All of this animosity is antithetical to a functioning republic. We need to be able to express our opinions without worrying that the other side will get so angry as to engage in rude behavior or physical violence. We don't have to agree on everything, but we need to be able to work together. You can't do that if one side is shouting the other down, hurling insults, and threatening violence.