Palestine

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Re: Palestine

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

did I mention...what a TRUE asshat you really are?
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Mark.......................................................
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Be honest, MadHatterFiddle. Did it surprise you that 79.5% of Palestinians said they wanted a peace agreement with Israel in 2006 even as they voted for Hamas? I bet it did. I bet it also surprised you that 75.2% of Palestinians thought Hamas should change its policies regarding Israel.

There is a lot more to this conflict than most of us casual observers know or get to see. Blindly supporting one side or the other is simply not a good idea.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

did I mention.....Yeah..I did. Youre just WAY too stoopid to digest
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Is it me, or does anyone else think that easyrider spends way too much time in this forum...pretty much by himself? And he then does internet searches to support his arguements and comes back. I mean aren't there better outlets to get your political rocks off other than KZone? That goes for deadwoodskier and Xtremehandjobber1 as well.

I only started tuning into this forum to see what nonsense that crazy self-proclaimed hairy legged lesbian was going to spew off next. That's entertainment. The rest I just skip over.

Ronald McHumpty, out
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I work at a desk all day. I come here for mental breaks from time to time. Google is a powerful tool. Most of the links I post take me less than 5 minutes to find. It probably helps that research and analysis is part of what I do for a living.
FingerPicker
Beginner On Rentals

Post by FingerPicker »

Obviously easyrider has no self awareness when it comes to comparing other posters to madhatter. Just like hatter, easy just can't help himself from multiple postings on seemingly every single topic in the political forum, and also just hatter, tries desperately to prove he's in the right. Does a 5 min google search for an article that supports his bias, and takes it as gospel.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Actually, a lot of what I post is based on things I've read in the past and already know, but I know people on this forum won't accept something or research it for themselves to verify it. So I do a quick search and post some links. In the case of this thread, Bubba actually asked for a link, and he brought up an issue I hadn't researched. So I took a few minutes and found some stuff.

If you disagree with anything I post, I'm happy to review whatever source material you can dig up to support your point of view. I'm interested in this stuff and always seeking alternate view points supported by valid evidence.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

and...in the end?..you're STILL a fukin tool. Not even a stiff one , either
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

easyrider16 wrote: May 25th, '21, 09:52 Actually, a lot of what I post is based on things I've read in the past and already know, but I know people on this forum won't accept something or research it for themselves to verify it. So I do a quick search and post some links. In the case of this thread, Bubba actually asked for a link, and he brought up an issue I hadn't researched. So I took a few minutes and found some stuff.

If you disagree with anything I post, I'm happy to review whatever source material you can dig up to support your point of view. I'm interested in this stuff and always seeking alternate view points supported by valid evidence.
So you're a geeky loser who tries to dominate the political forum on a ski-based website with your vast political knowledge and if you can't support it, you waste time doing searches in order to do so, while on a mental break of course. Sorry for the run on sentence. And this after your morning chores at that begin at 5am. Please confirm.

You are one intriguing individual. You remind me of Wiil Ferrell during the debate scene in that movie Old School.

Emperical evidence, out.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: May 25th, '21, 09:25 I work at a desk all day. I come here for mental breaks from time to time. Google is a powerful tool. Most of the links I post take me less than 5 minutes to find. It probably helps that research and analysis is part of what I do for a living.
Most people know that Google skews search results in favor of Democrats.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

throbster wrote: May 25th, '21, 11:26
easyrider16 wrote: May 25th, '21, 09:25 I work at a desk all day. I come here for mental breaks from time to time. Google is a powerful tool. Most of the links I post take me less than 5 minutes to find. It probably helps that research and analysis is part of what I do for a living.
Most people know that Google skews search results in favor of Democrats.
Google leans pretty strongly to the left, both in their news outlets (by selected source) and in their news search returns (by query order).

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=google

Determining the bias of a news aggregator is different than from a single source that produces original content. The wording on Google News comes from other sources, so we will not even look at that as a factor. The most logical way to determine the bias of a news aggregator is to look at the sources they use for their news content. Another way to look, since Google is a search engine, is to see where sources rank when searching for news. We did a limited test of this by searching a variety of keywords such as Migrant, Trump, Clinton, NATO, Mueller, Obama, etc and the results indicate that in 9 out of 10 (90%) searches, left-leaning sources ranked 1st and ahead of the first right-leaning source. Usually, the right-leaning sources were much lower in the rank.

Another method we used was to look at what sources were being used in the categories of US News and World News. Over the course of three days, we looked at the top 25 sources in each category for a total of 150 sources calculated. We then compared these sources to our bias ratings and calculated what percentage comes from each bias category. Overall, the majority of stories on Google News come from Left-Center sources (58%) and only 7% from least biased sources. Further, Right-Center sources only made up 5% of the news and Right biased less than 1%, while on the other hand, 28% of stories come from the left-biased category. When looking at purely left-leaning vs right-leaning sources, the numbers greatly favor the left.
ImageImageImageImage
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Probably important to distinguish between Google News and Google Search, which are not the same thing. Also, the article didn't say they lean strongly to the left. It said "LEFT-CENTER BIAS These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias." Also, "These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation."

Regardless, as I said above, I'm happy to consider alternate sources if you have them. That's part of the reason I come here, to hear opposing views.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

easyrider16 wrote: May 25th, '21, 13:30 Probably important to distinguish between Google News and Google Search, which are not the same thing. Also, the article didn't say they lean strongly to the left. It said "LEFT-CENTER BIAS These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias."

Regardless, as I said above, I'm happy to consider alternate sources if you have them. That's part of the reason I come here, to hear opposing views.
Keep reading...

Overall, we rate Google News strongly Left-Center biased with the majority of stories coming from Left-Center sources.

Another way to look, since Google is a search engine, is to see where sources rank when searching for news.

I'm on neither side here, just passing info... As I do with news outlets, I shop search engines for bias. Bing is somewhat less biased, but IMO Yandex and Duckduckgo tend to produce the least editorialized results.
ImageImageImageImage
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I get what you're saying. It's just frustrating when people dismiss sources as biased without citing any opposing evidence. Like, if CNN reports a fact, am I supposed to just ignore it because CNN has a left-wing bias? Or in the context of this thread, I've cited to numerous sources. I've been criticized and called names for it, yet those who do so haven't posted anything to dispute what I've linked to. How am I supposed to respond to that? I guess I'm not, and Humpty is probably right, I spend too much time here.