Palestine

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
throbster
Postaholic

Palestine

Post by throbster »

Back to the same old sh*t under the Lieden admin.

Trump made tremendous progress with Middle East peace and now Sleepy is throwing it all away.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Palestine

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 11th, '21, 10:46 Back to the same old sh*t under the Lieden admin.

Trump made tremendous progress with Middle East peace and now Sleepy is throwing it all away.
What did Trump do to facilitate peace in Palestine, where the current trouble is? As far as I know, Trump proposed a pretty pro-Israel peace plan about which Palestinians were not consulted and which they rejected. Trump's admin tried to push the plan on them, and gave tacit permission for Israel to annex Jordan Valley and West Bank settlements.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_pea ... t_the_plan

The current flare up is over some evictions that Israeli courts are considering. Palestinians are concerned that Israel is trying to remove them from the territory under color of law. Can you tell me how that relates to anything Biden has done? Because it seems to me that the seeds for the present conflict were sown in 2019 and 2020 when Trump tried to push a peace plan that Palestinians didn't want, and antagonized them with the notion that the U.S. was giving Israel permission to annex disputed territory.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/07/worl ... otest.html

Seems to me Trump stirred up a lot of trouble in Palestine just before leaving office, and then Biden inherited the mess.
Last edited by easyrider16 on May 11th, '21, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Palestine is infested with terrorists leaders. f*** them. Trump showed strength. Lieden exudes weakness.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

How did Trump show strength in Palestine? What does that even mean and how does it relate to what's going on in Palestine? Are you just repeating stuff you hear or read somewhere? Where do you get your information about this stuff?

I think you need to do some further reading. The Israelis are not blameless in this conflict. They have a history of human rights abuses including using Palestinian children as human shields. The Palestinians may have done some awful things, but so have the Israelis. Neither side can be called the "good guys."
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Trump showed Palestine that he backs Israel 100% and basically took away the only card they had left.

It is the Palestine scum who place children in likely targets so that the lame stream media can say "27 Palestinians, including children, were killed".

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: May 11th, '21, 11:21 Trump showed Palestine that he backs Israel 100% and basically took away the only card they had left.
So maybe why they're firing rockets into Israel?

Or maybe all of this has nothing to do with Biden and Trump and is more of the same that's been happening in this region for centuries?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Yeah I mean if you take away Palestinian's ability to obtain what they want through peaceful negotiation, what other recourse do they have besides violence? What would you do in that situation? Surrender?

I agree this is definitely more about what the players in the region are doing and their history rather than U.S. policy. However, if you're going to analyze U.S. foreign policy in the middle east, you have to see Trump's attempt to support one side over the other as something that would only heighten tensions and increase the potential for conflict. I mean it's just common sense.
Last edited by easyrider16 on May 11th, '21, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Missiles weren't flying with Trump in office

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 11th, '21, 11:53 Missiles weren't flying with Trump in office
Um, yes they were. Literally every year while Trump was in office... and Obama ..and Bush, etc.

Here's a couple of the biggest ones during Trump's admin, but there were many others (see the link):
During the first week of May [2019], 600 rockets were fired at Israel by Hamas or other terrorist organizations. The escalations started after 50 rockets were fired at Israel from Gaza on 4 May. Three Israelis were killed by the rockets and more than 100 Israeli civilians were injured.[9]
Violence flared up again on 11 November 2018 when seven Palestinian militants were killed during a botched raid by the Israel Defense Forces in the southeastern Gaza Strip. One IDF officer was killed and another was injured. Over a dozen rockets were subsequently fired from Gaza, three of which were shot down. After a series of intense fire exchanges, ceasefire was agreed upon on 13 November 2018
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ ... _on_Israel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: May 11th, '21, 11:58
throbster wrote: May 11th, '21, 11:53 Missiles weren't flying with Trump in office
Um, yes they were. Literally every year while Trump was in office. And Obama. And Bush. Etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ ... _on_Israel
... and this isn't even a complete list. I was in Israel in October 2018 and there were rocket attacks two days after I left. IDF bombed targets in Gaza as a result.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

This conflict has been going on since before George Washington was president. Who is president of the US has absolutely no impact on it.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Biden Set the Middle East on Fire Again!!!!

Biden and his supporters are such dumb

\ass/es
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Biden sent aid to Palestine with no conditions attached. Thus removing any incentive for good behavior. He's also cozying up to the mullahs in Iran hoping to resurrect the shitty deal Obummer made. Embolden the bad guys and they launch missiles. The latest attacks have escalated far worse than the skirmishes when Trump was in office.

Like Big John said, Biden and his supporters are dumbasses

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I think you have that backwards. What motivation do the Palestinians have to listen to the U.S. after Trump cut off aid and pushed a pro-Israeli deal?

Far worse, huh? You didn't seem to know that violence occurred every single year during the Trump admin, now you claim this flare up is worse than anything during Trump's admin? Do you just make up facts as you go along or do you have a source?