Trump party cancel culture

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Trump party cancel culture

Post by easyrider16 »

All that stuff about cancel culture that Trump party people spew, accusing "liberals" of trying to silence dissenting views... All horse sh-t. It's the Trump party that is all about cancel culture. Call out Trump's election fraud lies and what do you get? Ask Liz Cheney.

Here's a quote from her recent speech on the House floor:
“Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar,” Cheney said. “I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law and joins the former president’s crusade to undermine our democracy.”
She knows she's about to get pushed out the door, yet still she speaks out and refuses to bow down at the altar of Trump. That's called integrity. Republicans used to have it. Now, after embracing Trump, they are no longer the Republican party I remember and voted for on many occasions. They are now the Trump party, and I can't support them any longer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited by easyrider16 on May 12th, '21, 06:14, edited 4 times in total.
throbster
Postaholic

Re: Trump party cancel culture

Post by throbster »

😂🤣
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Dems are still the kings of cancel culture.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I think that used to be true about four years ago. The Trump party changed that, and now they have taken the lead. Now you routinely see Trumpers calling for people to be fired or boycotted (Coke, NFL, etc.). They're even calling for big businesses to be broken up or punished because of a perceived bias against King Trump. (Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Any Republican who's not on the Trump bandwagon gets pushed out (e.g. Cheney). There's no room for debate or discussion in the Trump party. You're either a supporter, or you get cancelled.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: May 12th, '21, 06:14 All that stuff about cancel culture that Trump party people spew, accusing "liberals" of trying to silence dissenting views... All horse sh-t. It's the Trump party that is all about cancel culture. Call out Trump's election fraud lies and what do you get? Ask Liz Cheney.

“Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar,” Cheney said. “I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law and joins the former president’s crusade to undermine our democracy.”
She knows she's about to get pushed out the door, yet still she speaks out and refuses to bow down at the altar of Trump. That's called integrity. Republicans used to have it. Now, after embracing Trump, they are no longer the Republican party I remember and voted for on many occasions. They are now the Trump party, and I can't support them any longer.

I think what's being missed here is that January 6 is only the start. It continues today. If the dems lose the house/senate in 2022, republicans will not count electoral college votes from any state that may cause them to lose in 2024. After this ... it's anyone's guess what happens.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

In 2020, you had a lot of people of character in place who stood up against Trump party attempts to steal the election (e.g. Republican Secretary of State in Georgia). I wonder how many of those people will be removed by 2024?
Seamus the Leprechan
Green Skidder

Post by Seamus the Leprechan »

easyrider16 wrote: May 12th, '21, 06:14 All that stuff about cancel culture that Trump party people spew, accusing "liberals" of trying to silence dissenting views... All horse sh-t. It's the Trump party that is all about cancel culture. Call out Trump's election fraud lies and what do you get? Ask Liz Cheney.

At 07:30 in the morning, this is the first thing you decide to do? Someone has too much time on their hands. JMO.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Seamus the Leprechan wrote: May 12th, '21, 07:56

At 07:30 in the morning, this is the first thing you decide to do? Someone has too much time on their hands. JMO.
🤣

That's what happens when you fall asleep watching Rachel Maddow.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Seamus the Leprechan wrote: May 12th, '21, 07:56 At 07:30 in the morning, this is the first thing you decide to do? Someone has too much time on their hands. JMO.
Been up since 5:30. Did some chores and such until about 6:30. Then coffee, breakfast, and read the morning news. When I see something interesting or that pisses me off, I often come here and post about it. Then off to work. That's my normal routine.

As for Rachel Maddow, I am not a fan. Too much left-leaning bias.
Last edited by easyrider16 on May 12th, '21, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Oops I was wrong, you were watching CNN.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-avoid ... liz-cheney

SMDH

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Actually I was reading some Fox News this morning. If you've been paying attention to my posts, I post a lot of Fox news links on here. I read Fox a lot, along side CNN, CBS, and many others. I like getting different perspectives from different sources rather than trusting to one side or the other.

BTW, Foxnews.com had a story on the Cheney stuff right on the first page this morning:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house- ... e-stefanik

Also, if you go to CNN.com, on the first page on the left, there's a very prominent image and story on the violence in Palestine.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

It is funny how a Cheney is suddenly a media darling

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

- Simon and Garfunkel
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

easyrider16 wrote: May 12th, '21, 08:09
Seamus the Leprechan wrote: May 12th, '21, 07:56 At 07:30 in the morning, this is the first thing you decide to do? Someone has too much time on their hands. JMO.
Been up since 5:30. Did some chores and such until about 6:30. Then coffee, breakfast, and read the morning news. When I see something interesting or that pisses me off, I often come here and post about it. Then off to work. That's my normal routine.

As for Rachel Maddow, I am not a fan. Too much left-leaning bias.
Who does chores at 530am? Were they woman's chores...like milking the cow and churning some butter and sh it?
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

throbster wrote: May 12th, '21, 08:07
Seamus the Leprechan wrote: May 12th, '21, 07:56

🤣

That's what happens when you fall asleep watching Rachel Maddow.
Hey! Don't discount that Rachel Maddow chick. That is one sexy broad, especially with the voice. I've cranked one out on occasion while watching her when I can't sleep. There's just something about those pants suits.