Why do Republicans contribute so little to the economy?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Why do Republicans contribute so little to the economy?

Post by deadheadskier »

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-aven ... ic-divide/

"Most notably, the stark economic rift that Brookings Metro documented after Donald Trump’s shocking 2016 victory has grown even wider. In 2016, we wrote that the 2,584 counties that Trump won generated just 36% of the country’s economic output, whereas the 472 counties Hillary Clinton carried equated to almost two-thirds of the nation’s aggregate economy.

A similar analysis for last week’s election shows these trends continuing, albeit with a different political outcome. This time, Biden’s winning base in 509 counties encompasses fully 71% of America’s economic activity, while Trump’s losing base of 2,547 counties represents just 29% of the economy."
throbster
Postaholic

Re: Why do Republicans contribute so little to the economy?

Post by throbster »

There are republicans in the blue counties. They are the ones creating jobs and paying taxes. They are blue counties because the Dems have the low information voting masses sucking off the tit of government. Free stuff! Yay!
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '21, 08:20 There are republicans in the blue counties. They are the ones creating jobs and paying taxes. They are blue counties because the Dems have the low information voting masses sucking off the tit of government. Free stuff! Yay!
Source? Or is this an assumption?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '21, 08:20 There are republicans in the blue counties. They are the ones creating jobs and paying taxes. They are blue counties because the Dems have the low information voting masses sucking off the tit of government. Free stuff! Yay!
Low information?

LOL!

If you were to compare the education quality in red vs blue counties/states you will find a significant advantage for team blue. It isn't even close.

But keep sucking that Fox News tit broseph.

Something something ‘Democrat-run, blue state sh*t holes’ right?

Is that what you've been brainwashed to believe?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Why are people fleeing blue states to move to red states?

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '21, 09:23 Why are people fleeing blue states to move to red states?
We can't really say for sure, but one might guess it's a cost of living decision. Living in an East Coast city is going to be far more expensive then nearly anywhere in Ohio. I think it's a popular GOP talking point that folks are trying to escape the Left, but correlation is not causation. I think it's just a financial decision in the majority of cases and is being helped by increasingly flexible employers as it relates to remote work. Corporations make the same types of moves to save money.

I think the whole "us vs them" tripe is old and tired.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

My thoughts are similar. People from Massachusetts regularly move across the border to NH because they are still in commuting distance to Boston, but housing is much cheaper. Likewise, people are relocating to VT from NYC area because they can now telecommute and can afford mansions for the price of a postage stamp in Manhattan. A little bit of internet searching supports these conclusions, as people apparently cite housing as the number one reason for moving. I haven't ever heard anyone cite politics as a reason for moving.

I think the trend is people are moving from cities to more rural areas. Right now, rural areas tend to be more Republican than Democrat. That is slowly changing (see e.g. NH, which is a lot more Democrat than it used to be).
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

How about they are moving because of stifling taxes and regulations? The denial is strong with dead weight and jibberish.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:07 How about they are moving because of stifling taxes and regulations? The denial is strong with dead weight and jibberish.
Got a cite to an actual source? I can see this as being true for businesses, e.g. Elon Musk moving a Tesla factory to Texas for less regulations. But I think you're talking about individuals, and I haven't really seen anything that suggests individuals are moving because of taxes and regulations.
Last edited by easyrider16 on May 26th, '21, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:07 How about they are moving because of stifling taxes and regulations? The denial is strong with dead weight and jibberish.
My hunch is the vast majority of people don't sell their homes and move their families primarily due to taxes and/or local regulations. It's likely more complicated than this ...

Here's a study often cited:

Study: Americans are leaving blue states for red in droves
https://wabcradio.com/2021/01/06/study- ... in-droves/

You have to keep clicking through to get to the study, but here you can access it:
https://www.unitedvanlines.com/newsroom ... study-2020
https://www.unitedvanlines.com/wp-conte ... 4.2021.zip

Reading the study, it actually include the reasons why people are moving. Seems New Job, Retirement, and Closer to Family top the list.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Cheezeyslider.....get a grip:..Dems are very embodyment of the old shtick...."Man..it was cold last night...."..."HOW cold was it?"...."it wa sSO cold...the politicians had their hands in their OWN pockets". FACT. Irrefutable. Dems are forever on the tit.....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

wait for it....Cheezey in 3...2......."what are your sources"?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

yiddle on da fiddle wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:34 Cheezeyslider.....get a grip:..Dems are very embodyment of the old shtick...."Man..it was cold last night...."..."HOW cold was it?"...."it wa sSO cold...the politicians had their hands in their OWN pockets". FACT. Irrefutable. Dems are forever on the tit.....
No doubt both parties play chess, but only one right now is eating the pieces.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:35 wait for it....Cheezey in 3...2......."what are your sources"?
Is this an admission that you don't have any? Because so far none have been cited that support you or Throbster's propositions. I like facts and evidence. Do you have any?
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

faster than a 3 minute egg......
Attachments
Egg_timer.jpg
Egg_timer.jpg (39.28 KiB) Viewed 593 times