Why do Republicans contribute so little to the economy?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Re: Why do Republicans contribute so little to the economy?

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

easyrider16 wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:00 My thoughts are similar. People from Massachusetts regularly move across the border to NH because they are still in commuting distance to Boston, but housing is much cheaper. Likewise, people are relocating to VT from NYC area because they can now telecommute and can afford mansions for the price of a postage stamp in Manhattan. A little bit of internet searching supports these conclusions, as people apparently cite housing as the number one reason for moving. I haven't ever heard anyone cite politics as a reason for moving.

I think the trend is people are moving from cities to more rural areas. Right now, rural areas tend to be more Republican than Democrat. That is slowly changing (see e.g. NH, which is a lot more Democrat than it used to be).
I don't see any sources quoted, so we can ASSume these are easyrider loser assumptions. Whay a fvcking hypocrite.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:46 faster than a 3 minute egg......
Quite literally not true. Time of your post: May 26th, '21, 10:35. Time of my post: May 26th, '21, 10:43. For the math impaired, that's 8 minutes, which is longer than your three minute egg timer.

That's an example of using facts to support an argument. Do you have any facts to support yours? I'm willing to listen but it's hard when all you offer are insults and unsupported claims.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

easyrider16 wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:43
yiddle on da fiddle wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:35 wait for it....Cheezey in 3...2......."what are your sources"?
Is this an admission that you don't have any? Because so far none have been cited that support you or Throbster's propositions. I like facts and evidence. Do you have any?
Fact: you sure are taking a lot of mental breaks from work today.

Question: why do you even get paid when spend your entire day in this forum? I can't imagine you are very productive at your job.

Assumption: Go to a real political forum and argue with people who actually know what they are talking about. Not pretenders such as yourself. You will get your ass handed to you. Source ~ King Humpty.

Assumption: You were a dungeons and dragons type of kid w/o a lot of friends. Source: just read easyrider posts.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

oh....my....phukin ....word. Yknow...there ARE pharmeceuticals for the impaired...such as yourself.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Humpty Dumpty wrote: May 26th, '21, 11:07 Fact: you sure are taking a lot of mental breaks from work today.

Question: why do you even get paid when spend your entire day in this forum? I can't imagine you are very productive at your job.

Assumption: Go to a real political forum and argue with people who actually know what they are talking about. Not pretenders such as yourself. You will get your ass handed to you. Source ~ King Humpty.

Assumption: You were a dungeons and dragons type of kid w/o a lot of friends. Source: just read easyrider posts.
Cute, have you decided to target me instead of Ty with your constant complaining? Are you going to write long diatribes in response to my posts the way you did to Ty, over and over again, for months until I called you out on it?

If you don't like what I post, you don't have to read it, you know. For someone who thinks I spend too much time on here, you seem to spend an awful lot of time reading them and then whining about it.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:19
throbster wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:07 How about they are moving because of stifling taxes and regulations? The denial is strong with dead weight and jibberish.
Got a cite to an actual source? I can see this as being true for businesses, e.g. Elon Musk moving a Tesla factory to Texas for less regulations. But I think you're talking about individuals, and I haven't really seen anything that suggests individuals are moving because of taxes and regulations.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisdorse ... b7f8553146
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

easyrider16 wrote: May 26th, '21, 12:01
Humpty Dumpty wrote: May 26th, '21, 11:07 Fact: you sure are taking a lot of mental breaks from work today.

Cute, have you decided to target me instead of Ty with your constant complaining? Are you going to write long diatribes in response to my posts the way you did to Ty, over and over again, for months until I called you out on it?

If you don't like what I post, you don't have to read it, you know. For someone who thinks I spend too much time on here, you seem to spend an awful lot of time reading them and then whining about it.
Did you call Humpty oit on something? This Hump hadn't noticed. Do you feel you effected some sort of change as a result of this call out? Please advise.

Also, Humps rarely engage in diatribing. Hit and run guerilla tactics are preferred. Butt feel free to use your mad analytic skilz to prove otherwise.

Also, I sent you a friend request on FB. Are you going to accept it?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

New Hampshire is a good representation of the political divide in this country. As purple as it gets for the past twenty years.

Throbster, care to explain why almost all of the wealthiest towns with the best school districts in the state went for Biden and almost all of the poorest towns in the state with poor schooling went for Trump?

Pretty clear now in this country that the areas with the best educational systems vote blue and those with poor systems vote red.

Yet you make the claims that low information people vote democrat.

You have a particularly hard time with facts and reality. Not too different than your cult leader Trump.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I'd have to look at the data, but I suspect the wealthiest towns are on the southern boarder (where I grew up). Morons from Mass moved to southern NH to escape high taxes but they kept their jobs in Mass and they continued to vote foolishly for Democrats. NH used to be a solid red state but the idiots f*** it up.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Yeah man, the Mass liberal imports really f'd up those southern towns in the state. Shame on them for voting for higher school funding so their kids have a better education and more opportunity in life.

They really should be taking the Alabama red approach!

Who needs good schools when you have boot straps!
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Says the guy from the party who is against school choice. SMDH.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

:bull
.. says the guy raised in a southern 'boarder' town.
Boarders should just remain down south .. though it's never going to help them to gain any factual knowledge.

The Granite State is politically undeclared and has been that way for many years.

' 2006 University of New Hampshire survey found that New Hampshire residents who had moved to the state from Massachusetts were mostly Republican. The influx of new Republican voters from Massachusetts has resulted in Republican strongholds in the Boston exurban border towns of Hillsborough and Rockingham counties, while other areas have become increasingly Democratic. The study indicated that immigrants from states other than Massachusetts tended to lean Democratic.' (Wiki)

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: May 27th, '21, 20:50
easyrider16 wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:19
throbster wrote: May 26th, '21, 10:07 How about they are moving because of stifling taxes and regulations? The denial is strong with dead weight and jibberish.
Got a cite to an actual source? I can see this as being true for businesses, e.g. Elon Musk moving a Tesla factory to Texas for less regulations. But I think you're talking about individuals, and I haven't really seen anything that suggests individuals are moving because of taxes and regulations.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisdorse ... b7f8553146
I'm not sure this article entirely supports the premise, as it primarily seems to quote Republican politicians in support of the notion that people are moving to escape taxes and regulations. When you get into the meat of the article, it talks about a whole series of more complex reasons, like Covid, riots, crime, weather, cost of living, ability to work remotely, etc. Nonethless, I concede that taxes appear to be one reason often cited.

I'm conservative-leaning in my politics and prefer lower taxes and fiscally responsible government. The problem is Republicans aren't for these things anymore. Sure, they'll keep taxes low, but then they'll overspend and put the government into debt. That's not much better than what democrats are doing.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

easyrider16 wrote: May 30th, '21, 07:23 I'm conservative-leaning in my politics and prefer lower taxes and fiscally responsible government. The problem is Republicans aren't for these things anymore. Sure, they'll keep taxes low, but then they'll overspend and put the government into debt. That's not much better than what democrats are doing.
In 100% agreement with your viewpoint. I really don't mind paying taxes I just want to see my money well spent.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: May 30th, '21, 07:23
I'm conservative-leaning in my politics and prefer lower taxes and fiscally responsible government. The problem is Republicans aren't for these things anymore. Sure, they'll keep taxes low, but then they'll overspend and put the government into debt. That's not much better than what democrats are doing.
Looking for a job in comedy? Come on man!

https://media.giphy.com/media/SWoRKslHV ... /giphy.gif