Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Post by deadheadskier »

Basic research is a challenge for throbster. Grade school stuff.

Somehow I'm entirely unsurprised.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 27th, '22, 14:32 Basic research is a challenge for throbster. Grade school stuff.

Okay, you're right. Saying your a globalist means you're a Jew hater. Go it 🤦‍♂️

You're prolly one of those douchebags that think doing the okay symbol with your hand 👌 means you're flashing the white power sign.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Sep 27th, '22, 16:27
deadheadskier wrote: Sep 27th, '22, 14:32 Basic research is a challenge for throbster. Grade school stuff.

Okay, you're right. Saying your a globalist means you're a Jew hater. Go it 🤦‍♂️

You're prolly one of those douchebags that think doing the okay symbol with your hand 👌 means you're flashing the white power sign.
globalist is definitely a dog whistle for the oldest conspiracy in the world, that everything is the fault of shadowy jews who control things from afar.

that being said, as a jew and as someone suspicious of globalism one needs context if one is going to start criticizing "globalists". there's a lot of very legitimate criticism of globalism - one only needs to look back to relatively recent history to one of the most massive left wing protests post vietnam that this country has seen - the 1999 seattle WTO protests. to me globalism just means unfettered american-led western economic imperialism where factories and jobs are shipped overseas to impoverished and exploited workers and few if any environmental regulations while the imperial core (US citizens living in america) at first reap the consumer benefits of cheap products but eventually suffer once most of the local jobs are outsourced. there's also the whole globalist bank situation, ie, the IMF putting entire nations into debt slavery. btw that article is a must read.

also, the globalist neoliberal promise that interconnected international trade would lead to peace and prosperity worldwide is simply not true despite the propaganda. the US has been involved in armed conflict its entire history save for a dozen or so years. and currently, we're staring down the barrel at WW3 potentially erupting on two fronts, one of whom is a major trading partner.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 27th, '22, 14:06 No I'm telling you that you're an idiot if you don't realize that Globalist is 100% a derogatory word towards Jews.

You can't change it's meaning just like Angus can't change the meaning of Porch Monkey
Paint me with the idiot paintbrush as I also was clueless that the term Globalist was an antisemitic dog whistle term. Surprising the non skiing information that can gleamed from these threads.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Sep 28th, '22, 07:31
deadheadskier wrote: Sep 27th, '22, 14:06 No I'm telling you that you're an idiot if you don't realize that Globalist is 100% a derogatory word towards Jews.

You can't change it's meaning just like Angus can't change the meaning of Porch Monkey
Paint me with the idiot paintbrush as I also was clueless that the term Globalist was an antisemitic dog whistle term. Surprising the non skiing information that can gleamed from these threads.
funny, it has a long history as such. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_antis ... n_movement

being against globalism and neoliberalism (which go hand in hand) is not inherently antisemitic, but the idea of a shadowy pseudo-government inaccessible to the public that runs worldwide institutions attracts a lot of antisemites who equate globalism to jewish conspiracy. online or in conversation when i see/hear mentions of "globalists" i definitely pay closer attention to see what else that person is saying... usually its right wing conspiracy sh*t (soros, etc) but sometimes its genuine criticism of globalist organizations like the IMF or world bank or WTO or the central banks. context is very key.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Damn these transphobic biological females of VT.

https://www.outkick.com/biological-fema ... -teammate/

We wouldn't have these problems if it wasn't for STUPID.

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Poor Stacey seems to have a memory problem...

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/ ... lection%2F

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

What's up with Dems and their over-the-top bills targeting parents?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virgin ... lgbt-child

As the battle over parental rights and protections for LGBT students heats up in Virginia, one state delegate said she will introduce a bill in the legislature's next session that would make it a crime for a parent or guardian not to affirm their child's sexual orientation or gender identity.

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

throbster wrote: Oct 1st, '22, 11:44 Damn these transphobic biological females of VT.

https://www.outkick.com/biological-fema ... -teammate/

We wouldn't have these problems if it wasn't for STUPID.
Honest to God, VT would be such an awesome state of not for the liberal loons who inhabit the state.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/10/18/ ... cker-room/

Another example: while driving through one of the VT small towns, there was a gathering of about 10 grey haired hootinannies with protest signs about "woman equality". WTF are they protesting? Are women being treated differently in 2022? How do they even identify a woman these days?

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Yeah, let's just take away the right to protest.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

daytripper wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 08:14 Yeah, let's just take away the right to protest.
Who is saying that? Sheesh, try making sense next time.

However, the soccer coach is having his 1st amendment rights trampled on. Oh the humanity, he referred to a boy as "he"!!!! 😱

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 07:49Another example: while driving through one of the VT small towns, there was a gathering of about 10 grey haired hootinannies with protest signs about "woman equality". WTF are they protesting? Are women being treated differently in 2022?
Sheesh. Do you know any women? Talk to any female professional and ask them that question. See what kind of response you get.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 08:34
daytripper wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 08:14 Yeah, let's just take away the right to protest.

However, the soccer coach is having his 1st amendment rights trampled on. Oh the humanity, he referred to a boy as "he"!!!! 😱
Sure sounded like you had an issue with the "greyhaired hootenannies" protesting.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

daytripper wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 10:05
throbster wrote: Oct 19th, '22, 08:34

Sure sounded like you had an issue with the "greyhaired hootenannies" protesting.
They can protest all they want. I was just pointing out what a shame it is that these clowns make VT less desirable.

In other news: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state- ... -inclusion

No, the Dem party cannot be saved.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Being an equal-opportunity opponent of conflicts of interest, I feel compelled to point out that Democrats failed to pass legislation to stop congressional members from trading stocks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA14XCBn

We need a comprehensive ban on any of our elected leaders holding business interests in any company, foreign or domestic, unless via a blind trust. If we really want to make it effective, I think it should apply for five years after an elected official leaves office, too.