Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 16:49
Mister Moose wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 14:44
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 14:01 I don't think he was called a racist for wanting to close the border. I think he was called a racist for labeling illegal immigrants as drug dealers and rapists. The majority of immigrants are not either of these.
Show me where Trump labeled illegal immigrants as drug dealers and rapists. And don't show me where he said some are.
We both know what he said and that’s why he was labeled a racist. I never said he was racist nor do I think he is. I haven’t posted that I thought he was either.
Mister Moose wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 14:44
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 14:01 Had he managed COVID better and stopped his divisive rhetoric ... he would have been a two term POTUS. COVID was a really big lost opportunity to win hearts and minds.
OK, lets tally that score. Trump closed international flights early and against Democrat objection. Trump championed right to try for promising new treatments. Trump met with Pharma, established a plan, and prefunded millions of doses of vaccine. Trump cut red tape and delivered the vaccine in record time. Trump converted and sent 2 hospital ships to the most affected areas and built many field hospitals. Trump scaled up production of ventilators, and the forecast (and much hyped by the press) ventilator crisis never materialized. Trump dumped the use of masks outdoors early and was excoriated for it. Trump was combative with Fauci's lack of straightforwardness, which in hindsight is getting more and more defendable.

On the negative, Trump made several clumsy remarks which were exaggerated by the press and he was excoriated for, such as "Inject yourself with bleach" Trump could have promoted indoor mask use more and reduced social gatherings earlier.

So it seems the press is more to blame for this assertion than Trump is. You add to the list, and we'll see how the score looks.
It’s not a score about who wins, Moose.

Trump was effective on the vaccine front, no doubt.

Are you saying you thought he was effective at managing the virus between day 1 and vaccine EULA? He politicized mask wearing, which was basically the only real preventive measure we had before EULA.

You didn’t comment on his divisive rhetoric, which aside from losing the White House, almost cost some congress members their lives.
Of course it's a score about who wins (won), we're talking about the election here. You said
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 14:01 Had he managed COVID better and stopped his divisive rhetoric ... he would have been a two term POTUS. COVID was a really big lost opportunity to win hearts and minds.
So I'm enumerating his COVID performance. You said if he had managed it better, he'd have been a 2 term president. I think he managed the crisis fine, it was the press who dogged his every remark, drew conclusions, and provided incessant negative spin. It was the press, more than
Trump, that politicized mask wearing. Yes, Trump didn't wear a mask in public at times, but Fauci had repeatedly, pointedly, officially denounced mask wearing. Where is the press? Lauding Fauci and scorning Trump.

And yes, I have always recognized Trump's clumsy speech. The repetition. The overuse of superlatives. The tortured structure that if can be construed as ambiguous is leapt on and twisted by the press. In that regard, you still haven't supported your statement that
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 14:01 I think he was called a racist for labeling illegal immigrants as drug dealers and rapists.
In that regard, Trump was the first president to swiftly act on budgeting for black colleges, and enacted permanent funding instead of annual negotiation.
"The bill authorizes $85 million a year for historically black colleges and universities, along with $100 million for Hispanic-serving institutions, $30 million for tribal schools and $40 million for a variety of other minority-serving institutions.

The money is primarily meant to expand programs in science, technology, engineering and math."

In my view, you choose to see the same view as what the negative press coverage said he said. I choose to see what he actually, clumsily said.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 24th, '21, 10:36 Of course it's a score about who wins (won), we're talking about the election here. You said
So I'm enumerating his COVID performance. You said if he had managed it better, he'd have been a 2 term president. I think he managed the crisis fine, it was the press who dogged his every remark, drew conclusions, and provided incessant negative spin. It was the press, more than
Trump, that politicized mask wearing. Yes, Trump didn't wear a mask in public at times, but Fauci had repeatedly, pointedly, officially denounced mask wearing. Where is the press? Lauding Fauci and scorning Trump.
Fauci said we shouldn't wear masks and then revised his comments. Should we encourage our scientists to ignore new information when it's presented? It's like a large swath of Americans never took science in middle school and/or missed the scientific method lesson.

I mean, Trump abandoned a plan to send masks to every American. Wouldn't wear one himself. Mocked Biden for wearing one. He said that wearing one isn't going to help things. Just look at the rest of the GOP that followed his lead on masks. I don't know how you can say his management of the virus was anything but a disaster.

The press is the GOP's popular scapegoat, but they're just amplifying his actual words. If he had better command over his words, there would be little for the press to amplify.
Mister Moose wrote: Jun 24th, '21, 10:36And yes, I have always recognized Trump's clumsy speech. The repetition. The overuse of superlatives. The tortured structure that if can be construed as ambiguous is leapt on and twisted by the press. In that regard, you still haven't supported your statement that
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 23rd, '21, 14:01 I think he was called a racist for labeling illegal immigrants as drug dealers and rapists.
In that regard, Trump was the first president to swiftly act on budgeting for black colleges, and enacted permanent funding instead of annual negotiation.
"The bill authorizes $85 million a year for historically black colleges and universities, along with $100 million for Hispanic-serving institutions, $30 million for tribal schools and $40 million for a variety of other minority-serving institutions.

The money is primarily meant to expand programs in science, technology, engineering and math."

In my view, you choose to see the same view as what the negative press coverage said he said. I choose to see what he actually, clumsily said.
Donald Trump wrote:When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Most view this as a racist comment. I don't, but many do.

I think characterizing Trump's divisive speech as 'clumsy' is letting him off the hook. His speech has been dangerous and at times violent. Especially leading up to the insurrection on January 6th.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

How about Sleepy warning fellow Americans that they need F-15s and Nukes to take on the US government?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

You say Trump is decisive and yet your boy Biden is the biggest divider ever

Why do you hate Trump and his supporters so much?? Obama hates white people btw.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 24th, '21, 10:36 In that regard, Trump was the first president to swiftly act on budgeting for black colleges, and enacted permanent funding instead of annual negotiation.

Hmm, where'd you learn about that funding for black colleges? Some press organization, right?

Trump got bad press from left-leaning sources. He also got overwhelmingly positive press from right-wing sources. I think it's unfair to blame a person's opinion on press coverage, especially when you don't know what press coverage they're viewing.

As to Trump's rhetoric on immigration, it's hard to overlook the racist overtones.
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. […] They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people”
No, it's not overtly racist. But I don't see how you can read that and not see the obvious association being made between Mexican immigrants and crime. It certainly plays to stereotypes that aren't rooted in facts. If you look at the data, illegal immigrants, apart from violating immigration law, don't commit crimes at greater rates than native citizens. This rhetoric is what people call a dog whistle.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Creepy Joe trending after his bizarre press conference.

https://www.thewrap.com/creepy-joe-bide ... -whispers/

Beyond the creepiness, he acts like he's a hero for spending tax payer money and causing a labor shortage which will cause inflation and hurt the little guy the most. f*** jackass.

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Jun 25th, '21, 07:35 Creepy Joe trending after his bizarre press conference.

Beyond the creepiness, he acts like he's a hero for spending tax payer money and causing a labor shortage which will cause inflation and hurt the little guy the most. f*** jackass.
It was intentional. Not my cup of soup, but it's not like he was telling everyone to inject bleach.

It's really strange this stuff rattles the GOP so much, but GOP slagging the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs as on the up and up.

GOP morality goes something like this: Lying wrong.
Trump lies: Lying isn't wrong if you're lying to those I disagree with.
Biden lies: Lying is wrong.

Makes no sense.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 25th, '21, 07:53
throbster wrote: Jun 25th, '21, 07:35 Creepy Joe trending after his bizarre press conference.

It was intentional. Not my cup of soup, but it's not like he was telling everyone to inject bleach.

It's really strange this stuff rattles the GOP so much,
Exactly. Pretty clear the lean in and whisper was an attempt to emphasize the point.

You would have to be looking at that with predisposed partisanship to have issue with it.

Now you can disagree with the message, but there is zero story behind the manner.
Don't Killington Pico
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

It's really strange this stuff rattles the GOP so much, but GOP slagging the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs as on the up and up.

Makes no sense.
Maybe Howie Carr's insight will help you:

https://howiecarrshow.com/democrats-nev ... hitehouse/

And, yes Joe is a creepy f*** with his hairy legs that turn blond in the summer. Just ask that bad dude Sugar Pop.

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Howie Carr is Rush Limbaugh with a Boston accent and his opinion on anything has about as much credibility as the national inquirer. Though I do give him some credit for becoming a wealthy man because echo chamber rubes like you gulp down his BS by the shovel full.

You want to talk creepy? Creepy is a senior citizen running teen beauty pageants and admitting to sneak into the dressing rooms. You know who did that right?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Jun 25th, '21, 08:24

Makes no sense.
Maybe Howie Carr's insight will help you:

https://howiecarrshow.com/democrats-nev ... hitehouse/

And, yes Joe is a creepy f*** with his hairy legs that turn blond in the summer. Just ask that bad dude Sugar Pop.
Red Herring.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 24th, '21, 11:08 I mean, Trump abandoned a plan to send masks to every American. Wouldn't wear one himself. Mocked Biden for wearing one. He said that wearing one isn't going to help things. Just look at the rest of the GOP that followed his lead on masks. I don't know how you can say his management of the virus was anything but a disaster.
Not only that but even after being rushed to a hospital by medivac and having his life saved by experimental treatments that are not readily available to the general public he still couldn't come out and admit how serious Covid could be.

He should get a rightful share of credit for the speed of vaccine deveolpment (although majority credit goes to scientists) but beyond that his response and his politicizing of it was a disaster.
Don't Killington Pico
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

It was a lay up. Perhaps the easiest national catastrophe of our lifetime for a politician to cash in on.

Sorry Moose, it wasn't the medias fault

Trump completely choked on an easy opportunity to unite the country.

But unification was never what he wanted. He ALWAYS wanted to divide us as a country. He'd sometimes send out 50 tweets a day attempting to hype his base into a frenzy for sticking it to the libz. Has Biden even sent out one disparaging tweet?

You still continue to apologize away his garbage leadership too much. He had a two term presidency served to him on a golden platter. Walked into a strong economy, unlike Obama. He choked, just like he did in the 90s when he lost more money than any other American.

Trump is a loser and so are the people who still support the man.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

You are the loser dead weight for supporting creepy Groping Joe Biden

Democrats party is falling apart with imposter Biden faking to be the president.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Biden forgets to mention the building collapse in Florida

Very odd. Biden is baked just like his supporters.