Trump Organization and CFO Allen Weisselberg Expected to Be Charged

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Allen Weisselberg Expected to Be Charged

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The indictment charges Trump Org, Trump Payroll Corp. and Weisselberg. Prosecutors described a 15-year tax scheme and said the charges include 15 felony counts, including a scheme to defraud, conspiracy, grand larceny and falsifying business records
Is it just a little ironic Trump Org's lawyer also represented the Colombo, Gambino, and Genovese families? :?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Political witch hunt. Another waste of tax payer money on a nothing burger.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Correct this is a huge nothing burger

Another democrat strong arm of a private citizen to intimidate and force them into lying against president Trump. Democrats are filthy liars.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 1st, '21, 14:04
The indictment charges Trump Org, Trump Payroll Corp. and Weisselberg. Prosecutors described a 15-year tax scheme and said the charges include 15 felony counts, including a scheme to defraud, conspiracy, grand larceny and falsifying business records
Is it just a little ironic Trump Org's lawyer also represented the Colombo, Gambino, and Genovese families? :?
Cy Vance let Epstein go on reduced charges. BTW
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Allegedly evading taxes in the amount of $1.76 Million dollars is a nothing burger?

I suggest you boys try and do the same and let us know how it works out for you
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Biden made ten times that threatening China

That is chump change compared to Hunter Biden and his millions of bribes
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Clinton’s laughing at 1.7 million
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Well the email lady hasn't been indicted here John. But one of Trump's top employees has.

Get back to us when she, Biden or Hunter get indicted.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Revised opinion now that we have an actual indictment: the indictment alleges that the Trump org kept two sets of books for 15 years, one for their internal use and one they showed the IRS. This is more serious because it implicates the company, not just the employee receiving benefits, in a deliberate scheme to defraud the government for 15 years. If proved, this is blatant tax fraud. Not good, and puts Trump in danger if they can show he knew about it.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 1st, '21, 20:47 Well the email lady hasn't been indicted here John. But one of Trump's top employees has.

That's his point numbnuts. We have two justice systems.

A 3 year investigation, including a review of Trump's tax returns, comes up with minor charges. What a joke.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 07:08
deadheadskier wrote: Jul 1st, '21, 20:47 Well the email lady hasn't been indicted here John. But one of Trump's top employees has.

That's his point numbnuts. We have two justice systems.

A 3 year investigation, including a review of Trump's tax returns, comes up with minor charges. What a joke.
I don’t think the charges are minor, but it’s an ongoing investigation so I guess we’ll see.

As for the two justice systems, I don’t think that’s accurate. I think GOP conveniently ignore investigations that don’t yield the results they’re seeking.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1Z905V
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Justice Department inquiry into Republican allegations of misconduct at the department and the FBI, including its handling of investigations related to 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, effectively ended without tangible results, the Washington Post reported on Thursday.
Further, Sessions and Barr could have pursued Hillary further and chose not to. Lastly, Trump after being elected said he wasn’t going to pursue charges against Hillary to help her “heal”.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

If there are two justice systems, it's one for the rich and one for the poor. The fact that an underling rather than Trump was charged tells you all you need to know about that. If it were any other poor schlub of a business owner keeping two sets of books, they'd have charged him already. But because Trump is a billionaire with access to the best lawyers, they won't bring charges against him until they are rock solid and bulletproof.

If you're interested in more info, here's the actual indictment:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... tment.html

Here's the penal code the Trump org is accused of violating:
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/PEN/190.65

This would be a class E felony, with a minimum sentence of a slap-on-the-wrist and a maximum of 5 years jail time. In theory, 15 counts sentenced to the max with consecutive sentences could result in a maximum of 75 years of jail time, though that is highly unlikely. I do think jail time is very possible in a case like this but you're talking maybe a year or two at most, with straight probation being a strong possibility as well. It depends on how good the evidence is and how egregious the facts are.

If you want further evidence of how biased the system is against poor people, consider why a rich person crime like a scheme to cheat on taxes involving hundreds of thousands if not millions is only a class E felony with a max of 5 years in prison, but poor people crime like grand larceny is a class C felony with a max of 15 years in prison. Both are mere crimes of property involving similar amounts of money, but the one poor people do most often can be punished three times more harshly than the one rich people do most often.

I also find it ironic that all these "law and order" Trump supporter types are suddenly not about law and order when their own guy gets investigated for tax fraud.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fun facts for context. Leona Helmsley was convicted of a similar tax-fraud-scheme in the late 80's and got 19 months for it. Ironically, it was Guiliani who prosecuted her.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... d=msedgntp
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 2nd, '21, 07:20This would be a class E felony, with a minimum sentence of a slap-on-the-wrist and a maximum of 5 years jail time. In theory, 15 counts sentenced to the max with consecutive sentences could result in a maximum of 75 years of jail time, though that is highly unlikely. I do think jail time is very possible in a case like this but you're talking maybe a year or two at most, with straight probation being a strong possibility as well. It depends on how good the evidence is and how egregious the facts are.
Now do Federal tax crimes.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I believe this indictment is for violations of the NY penal code, not Federal laws. However, I don't think federal tax crimes are all that differently punished. 26 U.S. Code § 7201 says 5 years max for attempting to evade income tax. I'm no expert in this area, however.