White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Not much luck in Philly ...

https://6abc.com/society/white-supremac ... /10858983/
throbster
Postaholic

Re: White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

Post by throbster »

Yawn. Did they attempt to set any police precincts on fire? Set up an autonomous zone? Topple statues? Set historical churches on fire? Cause billions in damages? Violently attack police officers?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

Post by easyrider16 »

No they've been a bit more circumspect since that Jan 6 thing and all the resulting prosecutions.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

throbster wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 11:01 Yawn. Did they attempt to set any police precincts on fire? Set up an autonomous zone? Topple statues? Set historical churches on fire? Cause billions in damages? Violently attack police officers?
easyrider16 wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 11:54 No they've been a bit more circumspect since that Jan 6 thing and all the resulting prosecutions.
I guess we can agree then that prosecution of folks who violate the law should be subject to equal punishment regardless of political affiliation.

January 6th wasn't an insurection......
Last edited by Fancypants on Jul 7th, '21, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Fancypants wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 21:34
throbster wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 11:01 Yawn. Did they attempt to set any police precincts on fire? Set up an autonomous zone? Topple statues? Set historical churches on fire? Cause billions in damages? Violently attack police officers?
easyrider16 wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 11:54 No they've been a bit more circumspect since that Jan 6 thing and all the resulting prosecutions.
I guess we can agree then that prosecution of folks who violate the law are subject to equal punishment regardless of political affiliation.

More Whataboutism.

BUT

The act of revolting violently against civil/political authority or against an established government is literally the definition of insurrection.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 21:34 I guess we can agree then that prosecution of folks who violate the law are subject to equal punishment regardless of political affiliation.
Sure.
Fancypants wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 21:34 January 6th wasn't an insurection......
Definition of insurrection: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

The stated goal of Trump supporters on Jan 6 was to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the election. They did so by attempting to seize the Capitol building where Congress was literally counting electoral college votes and prevent them from doing so. Their obvious goal was to overturn the results of the election and ensure their leader rather than the person who actually won the election remained in power. If that's not a revolt against civil authority, I'm not sure what is.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

To stop an illegal election is NOT an insurrection.

And what happened to Ted Cruz LEGAL objections???

BTW.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 08:38
Fancypants wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 21:34 January 6th wasn't an insurection......
The stated goal of Trump supporters on Jan 6 was to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the election. They did so by attempting to seize the Capitol building where Congress was literally counting electoral college votes and prevent them from doing so. Their obvious goal was to overturn the results of the election and ensure their leader rather than the person who actually won the election remained in power. If that's not a revolt against civil authority, I'm not sure what is.
It's literally on video, GOP members chanting "Hang Mike Pence". They literally built gallows on the lawn of the Capitol :bang The Smithsonian is literally gathering artifacts from this day for a future exhibit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2taDvNE6lc

Alas ...
George Orwell, 1984 wrote:The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 05:56
I guess we can agree then that prosecution of folks who violate the law are subject to equal punishment regardless of political affiliation.

More Whataboutism.

BUT

The act of revolting violently against civil/political authority or against an established government is literally the definition of insurrection.
So all of the antifa and BLM riots were insurrections. Thanks for clarifying.

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 09:51
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 05:56

More Whataboutism.

BUT

So all of the antifa and BLM riots were insurrections. Thanks for clarifying.
This is more whataboutism.

By and large, I don't think Antifa and BLM riots were insurrections .... I'm not sure if Dunkin Donuts, Best Buy, 7Eleven, etc. has any authority. I think one could argue the protests around Portland's courthouse as well as Seattle's Capitol Hill protest camp may qualify.

Then again I don't know your point? Violence of any kind should have consequences. Participants of January 6th, Seattle, Portland, etc. are learning of this fact. If your point is that somehow what happened in Portland and Seattle is somehow the same as January 6th, I'd say its false equivalence.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 09:14 Not much luck in Philly ...

https://6abc.com/society/white-supremac ... /10858983/
Looks like a standard MAGA rally to me.

Pretty much mainstream for todays Republican party.
Don't Killington Pico
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

False equivalence, whataboutism. Words with hidden meaning of "I'm loosing the argument, time to divert and distract."

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 11:18 False equivalence, whataboutism. Words with hidden meaning of "I'm loosing the argument, time to divert and distract."
No hidden meaning, just pointing out your and others fallacious arguments.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 11:18 False equivalence, whataboutism. Words with hidden meaning of "I'm loosing the argument, time to divert and distract."
Just the opposite, in fact. He's pointing out that the arguments are not on point and do not actually address the subject at hand.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

The armed group arrested in Massachusetts turned out to be all black and after finding out that they were not a white group dropped the story like a hot potato.