White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

Post by Bigjohnski »

VP Pence is a traitor. Btw. His career is shot
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

Post by easyrider16 »

Bigjohnski wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 11:51 The armed group arrested in Massachusetts turned out to be all black and after finding out that they were not a white group dropped the story like a hot potato.
What are you talking about? It was a major news story that was replayed over and over again on local news, and many reports delved into who the Moorish American Arms are and what they stand for.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

They were part of the sovereign citizens movement, I saw plenty of coverage.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

BS. If they were white it would NATIONAL NEWS.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

It was the lead story on plenty of National news websites you idiot
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 13:42 It was the lead story on plenty of National news websites you idiot
Just one example ...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/04/us/highw ... index.html
FingerPicker
Beginner On Rentals

Post by FingerPicker »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 10:01
throbster wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 09:51
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 05:56
Fancypants wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 21:34
throbster wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 11:01 Yawn. Did they attempt to set any police precincts on fire? Set up an autonomous zone? Topple statues? Set historical churches on fire? Cause billions in damages? Violently attack police officers?
easyrider16 wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 11:54 No they've been a bit more circumspect since that Jan 6 thing and all the resulting prosecutions.
I guess we can agree then that prosecution of folks who violate the law are subject to equal punishment regardless of political affiliation.

January 6th wasn't an insurection......
More Whataboutism.

BUT

The act of revolting violently against civil/political authority or against an established government is literally the definition of insurrection.
So all of the antifa and BLM riots were insurrections. Thanks for clarifying.
This is more whataboutism.

By and large, I don't think Antifa and BLM riots were insurrections .... I'm not sure if Dunkin Donuts, Best Buy, 7Eleven, etc. has any authority. I think one could argue the protests around Portland's courthouse as well as Seattle's Capitol Hill protest camp may qualify.

Then again I don't know your point? Violence of any kind should have consequences. Participants of January 6th, Seattle, Portland, etc. are learning of this fact. If your point is that somehow what happened in Portland and Seattle is somehow the same as January 6th, I'd say its false equivalence.
More like pointing out hypocrisy. Antifa and BLM setting fire to police precincts and throwing Molotov cocktails into police cars would definitely qualify a insurrections.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

FingerPicker wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 14:46
Fancypants wrote: Jul 6th, '21, 21:34

I guess we can agree then that prosecution of folks who violate the law are subject to equal punishment regardless of political affiliation.

January 6th wasn't an insurection......
More Whataboutism.

BUT

The act of revolting violently against civil/political authority or against an established government is literally the definition of insurrection.

By and large, I don't think Antifa and BLM riots were insurrections .... I'm not sure if Dunkin Donuts, Best Buy, 7Eleven, etc. has any authority. I think one could argue the protests around Portland's courthouse as well as Seattle's Capitol Hill protest camp may qualify.

Then again I don't know your point? Violence of any kind should have consequences. Participants of January 6th, Seattle, Portland, etc. are learning of this fact. If your point is that somehow what happened in Portland and Seattle is somehow the same as January 6th, I'd say its false equivalence.
More like pointing out hypocrisy. Antifa and BLM setting fire to police precincts and throwing Molotov cocktails into police cars would definitely qualify a insurrections.
What's the hypocrisy?

Fire to the police precinct occurred in Seattle, didn't it, which I mentioned above.

As for the Molotov cocktails, I'm not aware of any Antifa or BLM doing this. If they had I don't think it would qualify as an insurrection.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 15:11

More Whataboutism.

BUT

What's the hypocrisy?

Fire to the police precinct occurred in Seattle, didn't it, which I mentioned above.

As for the Molotov cocktails, I'm not aware of any Antifa or BLM doing this. If they had I don't think it would qualify as an insurrection.
The Molotov cocktail throwing by blm happened multiple times in NYC last year.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

daytripper wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 15:44
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 15:11

What's the hypocrisy?

The Molotov cocktail throwing by blm happened multiple times in NYC last year.
Are you referring to the two lawyers torching an empty NYPD van? Were they BLM? It's not clear from what I googled.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

There were a few other times in the rioting that cocktails were tossed, a few times cops were just plain out physically attacked, I remember one time on the Brooklyn bridge where a BLM member attacked a bike cop with a bat....sorry, no links, this info was covered by all the local news broadcasts.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

In typical Trumper fashion, Throbster glosses over the actual definition amd focuses only on the nuance that supports his point of view. Rioters following or connected with BLM protests weren't conducting an uprising against authority or established government. They weren't trying to overthrow the government or install a specific leader. The goal of BLM is reform not overthrow. This is also why there's a big difference between a rioter and an insurrectionist. Trying to overthrow our government is a more serious crime than vandalism or assault.

On the other hand, one could argue that the Chaz thing was an insurrection. That was crazy sh!t that should have been dealt with better.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

In my opinion, attacking police and trying to burn down courthouses is equal to storming the capital.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Bigjohnski wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 11:55 VP Pence is a traitor.

And your argument in support of that point is?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 17:36 In typical Trumper fashion, Throbster glosses over the actual definition and focuses only on the nuance that supports his point of view. Rioters following or connected with BLM protests weren't conducting an uprising against authority or established government. They weren't trying to overthrow the government or install a specific leader. The goal of BLM is reform not overthrow. This is also why there's a big difference between a rioter and an insurrectionist. Trying to overthrow our government is a more serious crime than vandalism or assault.

On the other hand, one could argue that the Chaz thing was an insurrection. That was crazy sh!t that should have been dealt with better.
Your doing exactly what you accuse Throbster of doing, isn't that whataboutism? No matter how many times you type the word insurrection, Jan 6th was not an insurrection. Do you really believe that the ass clowns in the capital building were going to overthrow the US Government????