Signature Poster

Re: Time to End Covid Testing

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Fancypants wrote: Jul 25th, '21, 19:10
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 24th, '21, 21:40
Fancypants wrote: Jul 24th, '21, 21:18
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 24th, '21, 05:50
Fancypants wrote: Jul 23rd, '21, 20:09

I would agree with parts of you dissertation back in the spring of 2020 but many things have changed dramatically since then. If this vaccine was as effective at preventing the spread like Uncle Joe and Dr. Fraudci have said, why is the mainstream media still so focused on the cases?
Because only about half the US is vaccinated. The other half are catching COVID and some are going to the hospital and dying.
That's a broad and absurd statement, show me the data...
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
Garbage! Why are the hundreds of millions of people who have tested positive for Covid and have natural immunity not included in the immunization numbers? We are much closer to herd immunity than the news media and Democrat Party want you too believe. At the end of the day and at this point, what do positive tests/cases actually even prove? Just another meaningless number.

PS, Before you go ahead and say it.... I Zeta your Delta
I said half of American are not vaccinated. You asked for a source. I provided a source.

Now you’re moving the goal posts …

Adding 34m (COVID cases) to 163M (vaccinations) is still 40% unvaccinated/never had COVID. Remove children not eligible for the vaccine (25M) and you still have 32% of Americans that either aren’t vaccinated and haven’t got COVID.

Nearly all those currently dying of COVID (267/day 7 day avg) are unvaccinated. That’s still a rate of 100k deaths in a year.

We’re getting close to herd immunity, but rising cases and deaths suggests we’re not there yet. The 32% that haven’t had COVID and aren’t vaccinated are to blame.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Jul 26th, '21, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 25th, '21, 19:49

We’re getting close to herd immunity, but rising cases and deaths suggests we’re not there yet. The 32% that haven’t had COVID and aren’t vaccinated are to blame.
The Republican Governor of Alabama agrees with you.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Jul 25th, '21, 19:52

This is another good point. COVID is becoming regional. While across the nation 50% are vaccinated and maybe 10% that have had COVID … it’s dire in places like Alabama where <35% are vaccinated. They’re no where near herd immunity and without masks and distancing it may be a repeat of the winter wave (losing nearly 1k people a week to COVID).
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Our only concern about Covid at this point is our 2 year old and 6 year old who can't get the vaccine yet. My wife and I are vaccinated and healthy enough that I don't fear hospitalizations or death if we contract the virus, which the vaccine doesn't 100% prevent.

But......the Delta variant has shown that vaccinated people can get sick, though likely mildly.. So, that's a possibility and if it were to happen to either of us, I'd be pretty annoyed for that life disruption largely caused by the anti-vax idiots that still create the environment for more concerning mutations.

My concern for our kids is based on potential future mutations, not current reality. The Delta mutation and trends going on right now, which is pretty much 100% the fault of anti-vax people, should give at least a little pause that the virus can mutate further and start harming kids at the same rate as adults. God willing that doesn't happen.

Wonder if radical right jerks like Tucker would be spewing the anti-vax garbage they have been if kids were getting sick and dying at the same rate their grandparents were recently dying at.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 25th, '21, 19:58
Bubba wrote: Jul 25th, '21, 19:52

This is another good point. COVID is becoming regional. While across the nation 50% are vaccinated and maybe 10% that have had COVID … it’s dire in places like Alabama where <35% are vaccinated. They’re no where near herd immunity and without masks and distancing it may be a repeat of the winter wave (losing nearly 1k people a week to COVID).
You can break it down even further to cases by county and which counties were carried by Trump and by what percentage. The correlation is striking.

And, this showed up in my news feed this morning. It shows infection acceleration rate by state vs vaccination rates.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Jul 25th, '21, 19:10 Garbage! Why are the hundreds of millions of people who have tested positive for Covid and have natural immunity not included in the immunization numbers?
Here's some science - just because you caught Covid and recovered does not mean you are protected as if you had gotten the vaccine. Medical experts recommend you still get the vaccine anyway.

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefr ... -had-covid

The really sad part of all this is we might have completely wiped out Covid in the U.S. right now if everyone had taken the vaccine. Stupid people are the bane of our existence in this world.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mississippi's positive test rating comes in at 19% today, phew.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

Guess I'm pushing the right buttons......

Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 25th, '21, 21:20 Our only concern about Covid at this point is our 2 year old and 6 year old who can't get the vaccine yet. My wife and I are vaccinated and healthy enough that I don't fear hospitalizations or death if we contract the virus, which the vaccine doesn't 100% prevent.

But......the Delta variant has shown that vaccinated people can get sick, though likely mildly.. So, that's a possibility and if it were to happen to either of us, I'd be pretty annoyed for that life disruption largely caused by the anti-vax idiots that still create the environment for more concerning mutations.

My concern for our kids is based on potential future mutations, not current reality. The Delta mutation and trends going on right now, which is pretty much 100% the fault of anti-vax people, should give at least a little pause that the virus can mutate further and start harming kids at the same rate as adults. God willing that doesn't happen.

Wonder if radical right jerks like Tucker would be spewing the anti-vax garbage they have been if kids were getting sick and dying at the same rate their grandparents were recently dying at.
Fact check in aisle seven.... Nothing more than scare tactics, never waste a crisis.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 13:11 Mississippi's positive test rating comes in at 19% today, phew.
Testing metrics??
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 09:20 The really sad part of all this is we might have completely wiped out Covid in the U.S. right now if everyone had taken the vaccine. Stupid people are the bane of our existence in this world.
No doubt. It pretty much seems as the new variant surges, we are moving towards a country where there will be two groups of people. Those who have gotten vaccinated and those who are going to get COVID-19.

A small percentage of us vaccinated ones will have breakthrough cases (most likely with mild symptoms) and the anti-vaccine dopes will use those few breakthrough cases to confirm in their minds that vaccines don’t work.
Don't Killington Pico
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Fancypants wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 20:53 Guess I'm pushing the right buttons......

Yes, you pushed the button to light up the sign on your forehead stating you are a stupid person.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 21:31
Fancypants wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 20:53 Guess I'm pushing the right buttons......

Yes, you pushed the button to light up the sign on your forehead stating you are a stupid person.
Very un-original and far from the truth.......
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

You disputed vaccine numbers. Asked for a source. Source was provided. You complained vaccine numbers don’t count COVID cases. COVID cases were then included.

Now you’re posting photos of buttons saying I’m triggered. There’s a little irony and projection in your post.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Jul 27th, '21, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

boston_e wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 21:28 No doubt. It pretty much seems as the new variant surges, we are moving towards a country where there will be two groups of people. Those who have gotten vaccinated and those who are going to get COVID-19.

A small percentage of us vaccinated ones will have breakthrough cases (most likely with mild symptoms) and the anti-vaccine dopes will use those few breakthrough cases to confirm in their minds that vaccines don’t work.
What's more concerning to me are the reports of vaccinated people with breakthrough cases that have been fairly serious. Apparently if you have a compromised immune system, the vaccine can only do so much for you. So all these morons refusing to be vaccinated are directly contributing to the continuing spread, which is resulting in the most vulnerable among us being at risk even if they are vaccinated.