Time to End Covid Testing

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Time to End Covid Testing

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 08:15 Growing up Christian, Mark chapter 12 contained some good rules of life. Some key items from this chapter:

(1) If we live in a place where we reap the benefits of our government, we should submit to the same (so long as it does not infringe on God's mission).
We fought a war to set ourselves free of the shackles of being subject to a government. Our new government is "Of the People" not "Over the People" Citizens do not submit, they elect. They speak. They lobby.

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 08:15(2) Jesus is asked a question about which commandment is the most important. He replies that we should "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." and "Love your neighbor as yourself." He then says "There is no commandment greater than these.”

I didn't get vaccinated to protect myself. I'm youngish and work from home and my kids were homeschooled in 2020-2021 ... very limited COVID attack vectors. Same with the mask, I don't wear it to protect myself.

I was vaccinated to protect others and I wear a mask when I've been asked by businesses or my government in order to protect others. I think of my good friend who is in remission from leukemia and on oxygen in his mid-30s. He had a allogeneic transplant and wound up with graft versus host disease (GvHD) that manifest in his lungs. He has a wife, a family, and three kids under the age of 6.

This is the way I was taught to live.
Does loving thy neighbor include respecting his life choices as allowed under the law, or must they submit to your view? Keep in mind that this virus and it's treatment is still new and much of what is considered to be consensus today is changed or gone in a few months. You act as if the government is all knowing, which of course it is not.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:31
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 08:15 Growing up Christian, Mark chapter 12 contained some good rules of life. Some key items from this chapter:

(1) If we live in a place where we reap the benefits of our government, we should submit to the same (so long as it does not infringe on God's mission).
We fought a war to set ourselves free of the shackles of being subject to a government. Our new government is "Of the People" not "Over the People" Citizens do not submit, they elect. They speak. They lobby.
I don't think you'll find any justification for the Revolutionary War in the New Testament. Similarly, you won't find any justification for breaking laws or other government ordinances in the Bible. That said, it doesn't mean we (Christians) can't vote or speak or lobby.
Mister Moose wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:31
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 08:15(2) Jesus is asked a question about which commandment is the most important. He replies that we should "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." and "Love your neighbor as yourself." He then says "There is no commandment greater than these.”

I didn't get vaccinated to protect myself. I'm youngish and work from home and my kids were homeschooled in 2020-2021 ... very limited COVID attack vectors. Same with the mask, I don't wear it to protect myself.

I was vaccinated to protect others and I wear a mask when I've been asked by businesses or my government in order to protect others. I think of my good friend who is in remission from leukemia and on oxygen in his mid-30s. He had a allogeneic transplant and wound up with graft versus host disease (GvHD) that manifest in his lungs. He has a wife, a family, and three kids under the age of 6.

Does loving thy neighbor include respecting his life choices as allowed under the law, or must they submit to your view? Keep in mind that this virus and it's treatment is still new and much of what is considered to be consensus today is changed or gone in a few months. You act as if the government is all knowing, which of course it is not.
Yes, it includes respect. However, as a Christian we have a duty to hold other Christians accountable ... this is not considered disrespect, but love.
If Christians are not getting vaccinated, they are not loving their neighbor. Christ calls us to sacrifice in His name, just as Christ did for us. Any Christian putting forward Christ as their excuse to avoid being vaccinated is heresy.

No where did I say government is 'all knowing'. Those are your words.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:47 I don't think you'll find any justification for the Revolutionary War in the New Testament. Similarly, you won't find any justification for breaking laws or other government ordinances in the Bible. That said, it doesn't mean we (Christians) can't vote or speak or lobby.
You said submit.

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:47 If Christians are not getting vaccinated, they are not loving their neighbor.
Why? How do you know what their reasons are? Are you limiting your demand for vaccination to just other Christians, or the entire population?

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:47No where did I say government is 'all knowing'. Those are your words.

No, they are your words. By deigning any action, in this case taking a vaccine, as unquestionably something everyone should do, you are granting the government the power of pronouncement that it will be beneficial for all people. That the Government is all knowing of the benefits and cognizant of all the risks, and has made the correct decision. Which in the case of COVID, has been a parade of decisions later reeled back. COVID is the poster child for demonstrating that the government makes mistakes, and the choice should rest in the hopefully well informed and cautious citizenry. Government cannot possibly be all knowing on something that is so rapidly evolving as COVID.

There seems to be this assumption that when I argue in defense of something, that I myself do it. That is frequently not the case, nor has it been in the past. I've had my 2 shots. I am arguing for the right for others to make their own choice.

That might mean you are excluded from certain activities. That's a different discussion.

And by the way, have you looked at your vaccination card? A 6th grader could duplicate it. All these calls for proof of vaccination prior to work/study/travel are going to result in lots of fake vaccination cards.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

I was taught IF you were sick you stay the fk home and quarantine yourselves
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 08:15
Fancypants wrote: Jul 29th, '21, 20:52
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 27th, '21, 10:18 Interesting take. How have democrats politicized COVID?
You all remind me of a song my Mom used to sing to me when I was young.....

Three blind mice. Three blind mice.
See how they run. See how they run.
They all ran after the farmer’s wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a sight in your life,
As three blind mice?
Growing up Christian, Mark chapter 12 contained some good rules of life. Some key items from this chapter:

(2) Jesus is asked a question about which commandment is the most important. He replies that we should "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." and "Love your neighbor as yourself." He then says "There is no commandment greater than these.”
Think it's time to re-read the Book of Mark: Chapter 12.......
I didn't get vaccinated to protect myself. I'm youngish and work from home and my kids were home schooled in 2020-2021 ... very limited COVID attack vectors. Same with the mask, I don't wear it to protect myself.

That's a hot pile of steaming bovine excrement........
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 11:51
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:47 I don't think you'll find any justification for the Revolutionary War in the New Testament. Similarly, you won't find any justification for breaking laws or other government ordinances in the Bible. That said, it doesn't mean we (Christians) can't vote or speak or lobby.
You said submit.
He said submit. Christians are called to submit to their governments laws.
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:47 If Christians are not getting vaccinated, they are not loving their neighbor.
Why? How do you know what their reasons are? Are you limiting your demand for vaccination to just other Christians, or the entire population?
I know their reasons are not grounded in Christ. I make no demands. I think folks should be vaccinated, but scripture takes issue specifically with Christians that abstain for selfish ungodly reasons.
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 10:47No where did I say government is 'all knowing'. Those are your words.

No, they are your words. By deigning any action, in this case taking a vaccine, as unquestionably something everyone should do, you are granting the government the power of pronouncement that it will be beneficial for all people.
I’m not Christ. If Christians have issues with their responsibilities they should take it up with Him. He never promised being Christian would be easy and/or without sacrifice.
Mister Moose wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 11:51That the Government is all knowing of the benefits and cognizant of all the risks, and has made the correct decision. Which in the case of COVID, has been a parade of decisions later reeled back. COVID is the poster child for demonstrating that the government makes mistakes, and the choice should rest in the hopefully well informed and cautious citizenry. Government cannot possibly be all knowing on something that is so rapidly evolving as COVID.
I understood not getting vaccinated at first. There are multiple governments, multiple labs, multiple independent scientists, etc. that have looked this vaccine over now. There are very few excuses left. That said, I do not agree with an overall mandate by the govt.
Mister Moose wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 11:51 There seems to be this assumption that when I argue in defense of something, that I myself do it. That is frequently not the case, nor has it been in the past. I've had my 2 shots. I am arguing for the right for others to make their own choice.

That might mean you are excluded from certain activities. That's a different discussion.

And by the way, have you looked at your vaccination card? A 6th grader could duplicate it. All these calls for proof of vaccination prior to work/study/travel are going to result in lots of fake vaccination cards.
I’ve made no assumption. Like you, I respect the right of others to make their own choice. Doesn’t mean I won’t talk to them about it. Took me until just a few weeks ago to get my mom to get vaccinated.

I think vaccine passports are a waste of time.
Fancypants wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 20:19Think it's time to re-read the Book of Mark: Chapter 12.......
What in Mark 12 is contrary to what I said above? Be specific.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 21:19
Fancypants wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 20:19Think it's time to re-read the Book of Mark: Chapter 12.......
Just about all of it, can't seem to find a single quotation/reference that even resembles a verse from the Book of Mark: Chapter 12. Can you be more specific on why your thinking is correct.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Fancypants wrote: Jul 31st, '21, 21:37
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 30th, '21, 21:19
Just about all of it, can't seem to find a single quotation/reference that even resembles a verse from the Book of Mark: Chapter 12. Can you be more specific on why your thinking is correct.
Verse 17
Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”
Verse 29-31
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
These verses are also echoed throughout the New Testament, not in Mark 12 alone.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

Quit while you still have a hint of credibility.....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

During Wednesday’s episode of OutKick the Show, Clay Travis broke down the troubling uncertainty that many Americans, especially in Blue states, face now that the vaccines no longer signal the end of the pandemic.

"If 100 percent of people are all vaccinated, how do you ever stop wearing masks?" asked Clay, reflecting on the lack of logic between Stanford’s fully vaccinated student body and enacting a mask mandate.

"If you are still required to wear a mask while working out or playing basketball, how do things ever get back to normal? When will it be appropriate to take your mask off? Based on the Stanford perspective right now, that answer would be ‘never.’ And the same thing, in theory, would hold true if everyone were vaccinated.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 08:49 During Wednesday’s episode of OutKick the Show, Clay Travis broke down the troubling uncertainty that many Americans, especially in Blue states, face now that the vaccines no longer signal the end of the pandemic.

"If 100 percent of people are all vaccinated, how do you ever stop wearing masks?" asked Clay, reflecting on the lack of logic between Stanford’s fully vaccinated student body and enacting a mask mandate.

"If you are still required to wear a mask while working out or playing basketball, how do things ever get back to normal? When will it be appropriate to take your mask off? Based on the Stanford perspective right now, that answer would be ‘never.’ And the same thing, in theory, would hold true if everyone were vaccinated.
Right because it's not like any Stanford kids go off campus where they can be exposed by the unvaccinated :roll:
Don't Killington Pico
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Boston creme pie: does the concept of vaccines escape you? Wear a mask for the rest of your life, for all I care. Just don't tread on me.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 10:18 Boston creme pie: does the concept of vaccines escape you? Wear a mask for the rest of your life, for all I care. Just don't tread on me.
Knobster - It seems you are the one that is lost on the concept.

Do the right thing for yourself and for society. Get vaccinated. Safe and effective. Zero legitimate reason not to.
Don't Killington Pico
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Mask Your Testicles: The No-Commando Mandate"

There is now a wealth of data that shows getting infected with this virus can cause erectile dysfunction and other reproductive health problems for men. Coming down with COVID-19 allows the virus to replicate in your cells, and several studies show that the SARS-CoV-2 virus can invade tissues in the penis and testicles. As it happens, the testicles are a perfect hideout for a variety of viruses because they are immunologically privileged body parts, meaning they are shielded from the immune system. Once COVID-19 invades this region, it can hang out there indefinitely. “This may explain why 11 percent of men hospitalized with COVID-19 suffered testicular pain.”

Other studies have found that men seem to be six times more likely to develop brief or long-term erectile dysfunction after contracting the virus. That’s likely because the coronavirus is known to attack blood vessels all over the body, and the penis relies on blood vessels to maintain an erection. Cells also become oxygen-deprived when blood vessels narrow, which means the surrounding tissues become inflamed and the vessels lose elasticity. “No oxygen, no sex.”

According to the New England Journal of Medicine, 10 percent to 30 percent of people infected with the virus—at least 42 million cases in the U.S. and 226 million worldwide—experience a range of ongoing symptoms collectively called long COVID. And the list includes several reproductive health problems for men, from sexual dysfunction and swollen testicles to mental health issues that decrease arousal. With apologies to Nicki Minaj, there is no credible scientific evidence that any of the COVID-19 vaccines cause impotence.
According to scrotal virology, the virus can pass to the testes due to immunologic privilege but the vaccine cannot as it’s not a virus. Sounds to me like my nuts need the same vaccine jabs my arm got, potentially 2 jabs in each huevo. Ouch. I’ll need those days off from work for recovery…save the nuts! @@
ImageImageImageImage