Time to End Covid Testing

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
throbster
Postaholic

Re: Time to End Covid Testing

Post by throbster »

boston_e wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 10:20
throbster wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 10:18 Boston creme pie: does the concept of vaccines escape you? Wear a mask for the rest of your life, for all I care. Just don't tread on me.
Knobster - It seems you are the one that is lost on the concept.

Do the right thing for yourself and for society. Get vaccinated. Safe and effective. Zero legitimate reason not to.
I am vaccinated. Just don't tell me to wear a freaking mask.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 10:33
throbster wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 10:18 Boston creme pie: does the concept of vaccines escape you? Wear a mask for the rest of your life, for all I care. Just don't tread on me.

Do the right thing for yourself and for society. Get vaccinated. Safe and effective. Zero legitimate reason not to.
You have the freedum to not visit establishments that ask you to wear one. Pretty simple.
Don't Killington Pico
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I haven't worn a mask since I got vaccinated last may. I live just outside of NYC and no place near me requires masks.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 11:05 I haven't worn a mask since I got vaccinated last may. I live just outside of NYC and no place near me requires masks.
This.

I wore a mask for the first time since being vaccinated yesterday. It was a volleyball game at the local middle school.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 11:16
daytripper wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 11:05 I haven't worn a mask since I got vaccinated last may. I live just outside of NYC and no place near me requires masks.
This.

I wore a mask for the first time since being vaccinated yesterday. It was a volleyball game at the local middle school.
Not too different for me. One store that i go into on the rare occasion that still asks for everyone to wear a mask, a couple of customers locations ask vendors to wear them. Not a big deal to put one on for the rare occasions when asked.
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 10:33 I am vaccinated. Just don't tell me to wear a freaking mask.
This seems a bit entitled. If you're on someone else's property, and they ask you to wear a mask, it's pretty rude to refuse. And they can surely kick you out for it. Don't tread on them.

My wife wears a mask in most public places despite being vaccinated. Her reason is that she works at a hospital, and if she gets sick, even with a cold that isn't covid, she's required to stay home for five days. This is even after a negative covid test. So she wears a mask so she doesn't have to breathe the germs of sick people who go out without masks and infect other people. Freedom comes with responsibility. The "don't tread on me" crowd seems to forget that part a lot.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I am vaccinated and have no interest in wearing a mask. Yes, a business certainly has the right to say I have to wear a mask in their place of business, as I have the right to spend my money somewhere that doesn't require a mask.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

daytripper wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 15:11 I am vaccinated and have no interest in wearing a mask. Yes, a business certainly has the right to say I have to wear a mask in their place of business, as I have the right to spend my money somewhere that doesn't require a mask.
I agree masks are annoying. Would you really not put one on for the 5 minutes it takes to go into a store you like to pick something up if they had a "please wear a mask" sign on the front door?
Don't Killington Pico
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

boston_e wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 15:30
daytripper wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 15:11 I am vaccinated and have no interest in wearing a mask. Yes, a business certainly has the right to say I have to wear a mask in their place of business, as I have the right to spend my money somewhere that doesn't require a mask.
I agree masks are annoying. Would you really not put one on for the 5 minutes it takes to go into a store you like to pick something up if they had a "please wear a mask" sign on the front door?
If there are other stores around selling the same thing that don't require a mask so why wouldn't I just go to them? A moot point really since I have not been to a store near me that requires me to wear a mask.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I live in a pretty small town and am friendly with most of the clerks at the various stores around town. It really wouldn't bother me if they asked me to wear a mask. Who knows. Perhaps they have family members they feel are at risk even if they are vaccinated. Not a big deal.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 16:44 I live in a pretty small town and am friendly with most of the clerks at the various stores around town. It really wouldn't bother me if they asked me to wear a mask. Who knows. Perhaps they have family members they feel are at risk even if they are vaccinated. Not a big deal.
So I'll assume they haven't ask you to wear a mask.......
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Talk about a weak, entitled, snowflake culture. Wearing a mask is somehow considered a burden. Your grandfathers stormed the beach at Normandy to fight the Nazis and you soft sacks complain about wearing a mask to protect your neighbors.

I am required to wear a mask for work regularly. Would I rather not wear it? Sure. But we're in a f*cking pandemic. So I don't complain, I just do it because it's really not that hard, and I consider it part of my duty to my neighbors and my country.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Fancypants wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 20:31
deadheadskier wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 16:44 I live in a pretty small town and am friendly with most of the clerks at the various stores around town. It really wouldn't bother me if they asked me to wear a mask. Who knows. Perhaps they have family members they feel are at risk even if they are vaccinated. Not a big deal.
So I'll assume they haven't ask you to wear a mask.......
Incorrect. One local gas station does so I do. Also Home Depot started requesting customers to wear them again starting in August. So, I do

https://corporate.homedepot.com/newsroo ... -vaccinate
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

throbster wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 10:33

100% agree - I am vaccinated. Just don't tell me to wear a freaking mask.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 21:20 Talk about a weak, entitled, snowflake culture. Wearing a mask is somehow considered a burden. Your grandfathers stormed the beach at Normandy to fight the Nazis and you soft sacks complain about wearing a mask to protect your neighbors.

I am required to wear a mask for work regularly. Would I rather not wear it? Sure. But we're in a f*cking pandemic. So I don't complain, I just do it because it's really not that hard, and I consider it part of my duty to my neighbors and my country.
I got vaccinated, I did my duty, get over yourself.