Time to End Covid Testing

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Low Rider
Black Carver

Re: Time to End Covid Testing

Post by Low Rider »

So - serious question for the "don't tell me to wear a freaking maskers": Why is that really such a big deal?

If a shop owner is asking customers to put one on is that really that big of a hurdle?

Take your favorite ski shop in the area - maybe the one that you have a season tune at - if the owner was asking customers to wear a mask while in the shop would you really leave and take your season tune somewhere else? That seems a bit extreme.

I don't love wearing a mask either, but honestly it isn't a big deal to keep one in the car and toss it on for a few minutes when needed or when asked (at least it sure does not seem like it to me).
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 07:08 I got vaccinated, I did my duty, get over yourself.
That explains why you keep showing up on my 5G tracking app.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 07:08 I got vaccinated, I did my duty, get over yourself.
Irrelevant. Your duty doesn't end there.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 08:25
Sure it does, that's what I was told when I got it, now they want to move the goal posts, but science shows that a healthy vaccinated person has a very small chance of catching covid, and even smaller chance of showing symptoms, even smaller chance of a moderate case, miniscule chance of being hospitalized and almost no chance of dieing. If you aren't healthy you need to take extra precautions. If you aren't vaccinated then I don't give a sh*t. To a healthy vaccinated person the flu is more of a concern than covid. I agree that a business has a right to require a mask to enter their business. I have a right to go elsewhere. I have no plans to get on a plane or train or subway anytime soon. But I have definitely done my duty by getting vaccinated and life needs to return to normal.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Wasn’t this thread about ending Covid testing????

Anyway, I don’t want to wear shoes or a shirt when I visit a business. Why should I have to wear pants if I’m vaccinated???? I guess I’ll take my business elsewhere!
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 08:54
easyrider16 wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 08:25
Sure it does, that's what I was told when I got it, now they want to move the goal posts, but science shows that a healthy vaccinated person has a very small chance of catching covid, and even smaller chance of showing symptoms, even smaller chance of a moderate case, miniscule chance of being hospitalized and almost no chance of dieing. If you aren't healthy you need to take extra precautions. If you aren't vaccinated then I don't give a sh*t. To a healthy vaccinated person the flu is more of a concern than covid. I agree that a business has a right to require a mask to enter their business. I have a right to go elsewhere. I have no plans to get on a plane or train or subway anytime soon. But I have definitely done my duty by getting vaccinated and life needs to return to normal.
“They” are not moving the goalposts - “they” are providing updated info based on a fluid situation and a more contagious variant that has emerged.

I agree with your sentiment that I’ve lost patience with people who are too stupid to get vaccinated.

Following up on a question someone asked above - why is it really that big of a deal to wear a mask for 10 minutes in a store if the shop owner is asking you to? Seems like a pretty minor thing to get your panties in a bunch over.
Don't Killington Pico
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Because it defies logic. If they told you to wear your panties on your face, you'd happily comply no doubt.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Why do women in Afghanistan have a problem with the Taliban making them wear burqas if it's not a big deal?
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 10:09 Why do women in Afghanistan have a problem with the Taliban making them wear burqas if it's not a big deal?
Yeah, the coffee shop owner requiring you to wear a mask during a global pandemic before you voluntarily enter their shop to order a vanilla latte is exactly like the Taliban forcing women to wear burqas. :roll:
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Coydog wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 10:38
daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 10:09 Why do women in Afghanistan have a problem with the Taliban making them wear burqas if it's not a big deal?
Yeah, the coffee shop owner requiring you to wear a mask during a global pandemic before you voluntarily enter their shop to order a vanilla latte is exactly like the Taliban forcing women to wear burqas. :roll:

you're right

its worse :barebutt:
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I do not have a problem with the coffee shop owner requiring me to wear a mask. It's his shop and he can make his rules. I will just go to the coffee shop that doesn't require a mask for vaccinated people. I like to follow the science. Which the CDC doesn't even do as the panel says one thing and the director says another.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 08:54 Sure it does, that's what I was told when I got it,
Not sure who told you that, but the pandemic didn't end when you got a shot in your arm. Despite what you were told, it's childish and selfish to not conply with simple measures like masks while people are still dying in high numbers from this disease.

Your burqa example is clearly a very different thing and you know it.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 12:32
daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 08:54 Sure it does, that's what I was told when I got it,
Not sure who told you that, but the pandemic didn't end when you got a shot in your arm. Despite what you were told, it's childish and selfish to not conply with simple measures like masks while people are still dying in high numbers from this disease.

Your burqa example is clearly a very different thing and you know it.
Please explain how I am not complying with wearing a mask? Please quote me saying or implying that.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

daytripper wrote: Sep 24th, '21, 12:03
I do not have a problem with the coffee shop owner requiring me to wear a mask. It's his shop and he can make his rules. I will just go to the coffee shop that doesn't require a mask for vaccinated people. I like to follow the science. Which the CDC doesn't even do as the panel says one thing and the director says another.
If you’re mask-less and you never enter private or public places that require a mask, you’re fine. Me, I like to assert my freedom by taking a knee anytime they play the National Anthem.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Biden said we would be China Virus free by July 4th

lying Biden