Vaccination mandates

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
boston_e
Postaholic

Re: Vaccination mandates

Post by boston_e »

FingerPicker wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 07:21
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 9th, '21, 09:55
throbster wrote: Aug 9th, '21, 09:22 Rules for thee, not for me.

The Democrat mantra.
Care to elaborate? Were they doing anything against any local laws or ordinances? Are COVID cases on Martha's Vineyard on the rise? Is Martha's Vineyard an area with especially low vaccination rates? Phillies host 40k fans yesterday to watch Phillies sweep the Mets ... how is Obama's party any different? What's your point?
You can't possibly be this oblivious to not know what he's talking about. Examples of democrat leaders not following their own covid rules are abundant.
What COVID rules or regulations were broken at the Obama party?
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The Democrat mantra.
Care to elaborate? Were they doing anything against any local laws or ordinances? Are COVID cases on Martha's Vineyard on the rise? Is Martha's Vineyard an area with especially low vaccination rates? Phillies host 40k fans yesterday to watch Phillies sweep the Mets ... how is Obama's party any different? What's your point?
You can't possibly be this oblivious to not know what he's talking about. Examples of democrat leaders not following their own covid rules are abundant.
What COVID rules are you talking about? There are no mandates here, no mask requirements, noda.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Fauci called the Sturgis rally a super spreader event while ignoring the Obama party.

Fauci is just another political hack who, with the help of the CDC, have completely botched the science and the messaging.

How long before RINO governor Scott calls for travel restrictions to VT ?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 09:28 Fauci called the Sturgis rally a super spreader event while ignoring the Obama party.

Fauci is just another political hack who, with the help of the CDC, have completely botched the science and the messaging.

How long before RINO governor Scott calls for travel restrictions to VT ?
Was vaccination and / or a negative test required to attend the Sturgis rally?
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 09:28 Fauci called the Sturgis rally a super spreader event while ignoring the Obama party.
No he didn't.

Interview transcript: https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... 1-n1276291
CHUCK TODD:

You've brought up regionally the South. But out in the Plains, in the Great Plains, we have Sturgis, South Dakota, there's a gathering right now of some 700,000 people. Last year, it was a smaller turnout and it was over about 150,000 people. And it led to a massive outbreak in the Dakotas, where they became number one and number two for essentially the rest of the calendar year of cases. What do you expect this rally to do to that part of the country?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI:

Well, I'm very concerned, Chuck, that we're going to see another surge related to that rally. I mean, to me, it's, it’s understandable that people want to do the kinds of things they want to do. They want their freedom to do that. But there comes a time when you're dealing with a public health crisis that could involve you, your family, and everyone else, that something supersedes that need to do exactly what you want to do. I mean, you're going to ultimately be able to do that in the future, but let's get this pandemic under control before we start acting like nothing is going on. I mean, something bad is going on. I mean, we've got to realize that.
throbster wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 09:28Fauci is just another political hack who, with the help of the CDC, have completely botched the science and the messaging.
He's had a handful of missteps. The biggest being that masks don't help provide protection. Otherwise, I think he's done a good job.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Um, you basically supported what I said. Okay, he didn't use the phrase "super spreader." I guess you got me. Wow.

Of course Chuck Todd didn't bring up Obama's party because those people are "sophisticated" as opposed to the deplorable biker community.

Leftist are elitist and hypocrites. Kind of like Bernie owning 3 or 4 houses (quick... Fact check this for me)

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

After Shunning Free Beer and Savings Bonds, the Fourth COVID-19 Wave Is Convincing Holdouts to Finally Get Vaccinated

https://time.com/6088769/covid-19-vacci ... d=31816796
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 10:00 Um, you basically supported what I said. Okay, he didn't use the phrase "super spreader." I guess you got me. Wow.

Of course Chuck Todd didn't bring up Obama's party because those people are "sophisticated" as opposed to the deplorable biker community.

Leftist are elitist and hypocrites. Kind of like Bernie owning 3 or 4 houses (quick... Fact check this for me)
Were vaccines or a negative test required for the Sturgis rally?
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 10:00Leftist are elitist and hypocrites. Kind of like Bernie owning 3 or 4 houses (quick... Fact check this for me)
Help me connect the dots here.

How is Obama a hypocrite by having a birthday party? It sounds like he's a hypocrite because Fauci expressed concerned about an event with 700k participants? I don't understand how the two are connected.

What does Bernie owning several houses have to do with Obama's birthday party and the Fauci interview?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 10:37
throbster wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 10:00Leftist are elitist and hypocrites. Kind of like Bernie owning 3 or 4 houses (quick... Fact check this for me)
Help me connect the dots here.

How is Obama a hypocrite by having a birthday party? It sounds like he's a hypocrite because Fauci expressed concerned about an event with 700k participants? I don't understand how the two are connected.

What does Bernie owning several houses have to do with Obama's birthday party and the Fauci interview?
Answer #1. Obama scaled his party way back in size to stay well below 700K participants, therefore, the two issues are related only in that one did the right thing given current Covid concerns.

Answer #2. Bernie is a hypocrite and, having become a millionaire several years ago, has even modified his rants about millionaires and billionaires to include billionaires only.

Neither Obama nor Bernie have anything to do with Sturgis except that, although highly unlikely, either might show up there riding a Harley.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FingerPicker
Beginner On Rentals

Post by FingerPicker »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 07:36

The Democrat mantra.
What COVID rules are you talking about? There are no mandates here, no mask requirements, noda.
Wow, I stand corrected. You really are oblivious if you don't understand throbster's point about the democrats rules for thee, but not for me. Clearly he wasn't making the point only about Obama's party, but of the general democrat way of imposing rules for us commoners that don't apply to them. I guess I should say rules for Conservatives that don't apply to dems. Like last summer when conservative lockdown protesters were called super spreaders, but gathering in large numbers for BLM & Antifa riots were ok. You even had over 1K doctors who signed a letter saying that the BLM riots took priority over spreading covid. And people wonder why Americans are losing trust in our institutions.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

FingerPicker wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 14:51

The Democrat mantra.
Wow, I stand corrected. You really are oblivious if you don't understand throbster's point about the democrats rules for thee, but not for me. Clearly he wasn't making the point only about Obama's party, but of the general democrat way of imposing rules for us commoners that don't apply to them. I guess I should say rules for Conservatives that don't apply to dems. Like last summer when conservative lockdown protesters were called super spreaders, but gathering in large numbers for BLM & Antifa riots were ok. You even had over 1K doctors who signed a letter saying that the BLM riots took priority over spreading covid. And people wonder why Americans are losing trust in our institutions.
But you didn't include a link to back up your reasoning, how could you possibly be right without a link????? Post a link or everything you say is automatically sh*t!!!
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

- Simon and Garfunkel
FingerPicker
Beginner On Rentals

Post by FingerPicker »

daytripper wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 14:57

But you didn't include a link to back up your reasoning, how could you possibly be right without a link????? Post a link or everything you say is automatically sh*t!!!
Ok, you got me. In order to comply with authoritarian leftist rules, here you go:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/h ... index.html
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

FingerPicker wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 15:28
daytripper wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 14:57

Ok, you got me. In order to comply with authoritarian leftist rules, here you go:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/h ... index.html
Whataboutism and Red Herring. Instead of articulating how Obama is a hypocrite by holding a birthday party, we're back talking about Democrats double standard with BLM.

It's clear Obama isn't doing anything against any local ordinances or laws. He's not doing anything he's asked any one else not to do (not that it would matter since he's not POTUS and has no authority).

I really see no issue with the sturgis rally or Obama's birthday party. Neither are against any local ordinances or laws.

Instead of the GOP investing all their time in "making liberals cry again" with faux outrage at Obama's birthday party, they should be spending the time rebuilding the party with core Conservative values. Otherwise, GOP can look forward to their demise, barring a successful coup .. then we're all in for a World of hurt.