Vaccination mandates

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Vaccination mandates

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 09:06 Taking a pass on Biden's Boosters for all Plan. Going with the FDA experts instead that healthy adults don't need the booster at this point. Assume the rest on this thread are going with Biden plan and are getting in line to get booster.
Doesn't matter what Biden says as FDA did not approve the booster for low-risk adults under 65.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 09:06 Taking a pass on Biden's Boosters for all Plan. Going with the FDA experts instead that healthy adults don't need the booster at this point. Assume the rest on this thread are going with Biden plan and are getting in line to get the booster.
I don't even think anyone can access a booster outside of what the FDA has authorized. (Which is Pfizer 65+)

Anecdotally, a friend of mine tried at a CVS and was told "no you are not in the authorized category".

I'll be following the FDA / CDC recommendations and I'd suggest everyone do the same. If and when a Moderna booster is recommended for an otherwise healthy early 50's male, I'll go get one.
Don't Killington Pico
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Does MAGA mean bringing back Polio again?

Perhaps so for this GQP idiot

https://mobile.twitter.com/aaronparnas/ ... 91117?s=21
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 14:54 Does MAGA mean bringing back Polio again?

Bring back Polio and Mumps to own the libs! Great plan! :bang
Don't Killington Pico
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 23rd, '21, 14:54 Does MAGA mean bringing back Polio again?

Biden is at the his open border.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Excellent article but you have to sign up for the free daily e-mail from the NY Times unless you're already a subscriber. Key points:
During the early months of Covid-19 vaccinations, several major demographic groups lagged in receiving shots, including Black Americans, Latino Americans and Republican voters.

More recently, the racial gaps — while still existing — have narrowed. The partisan gap, however, continues to be enormous. A Pew Research Center poll last month found that 86 percent of Democratic voters had received at least one shot, compared with 60 percent of Republican voters.

The political divide over vaccinations is so large that almost every reliably blue state now has a higher vaccination rate than almost every reliably red state
Because the vaccines are so effective at preventing serious illness, Covid deaths are also showing a partisan pattern. Covid is still a national crisis, but the worst forms of it are increasingly concentrated in red America.
Since Delta began circulating widely in the U.S., Covid has exacted a horrific death toll on red America: In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000.
Good morning. Covid’s partisan pattern is growing more extreme.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/brie ... tions.html
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Racist articles by the corrupt and biased NYTS. And define reliable blue states
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Bubba wrote: Sep 27th, '21, 14:21 Excellent article but you have to sign up for the free daily e-mail from the NY Times unless you're already a subscriber. Key points:
During the early months of Covid-19 vaccinations, several major demographic groups lagged in receiving shots, including Black Americans, Latino Americans and Republican voters.

More recently, the racial gaps — while still existing — have narrowed. The partisan gap, however, continues to be enormous. A Pew Research Center poll last month found that 86 percent of Democratic voters had received at least one shot, compared with 60 percent of Republican voters.

The political divide over vaccinations is so large that almost every reliably blue state now has a higher vaccination rate than almost every reliably red state
Because the vaccines are so effective at preventing serious illness, Covid deaths are also showing a partisan pattern. Covid is still a national crisis, but the worst forms of it are increasingly concentrated in red America.
Since Delta began circulating widely in the U.S., Covid has exacted a horrific death toll on red America: In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000.
Good morning. Covid’s partisan pattern is growing more extreme.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/brie ... tions.html
Darwin is putting in extra hours.
Don't Killington Pico
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

D9403A51-21BD-4D84-8E30-AC0168D747EE.jpeg
D9403A51-21BD-4D84-8E30-AC0168D747EE.jpeg (226.03 KiB) Viewed 955 times

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Amherst, MA becomes the first town in the state to add the Covid vaccine to the list of required immunizations to attend public schools. Begins on Dec 1.

Sounds like it is only for ages that have been given full FDA approval so just 16+ for now, but expect full approval for 12-15 soon and 5-11 at some point in the future.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

I'd guess we will see more and more cities doing the same... especially once the vaccines have full licensure for younger age groups.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

State of California is adding the COVID vaccine to the required list of vaccines to attend public schools. Sounds like it is for any age group for which the vaccine has "full approval" (not just EUA)
Don't Killington Pico
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Sep 29th, '21, 09:46 ---a very emphatically one sided and derogatory article ---
Now just a minute.

The vaccine hasn't been out a year yet. Polio took several years to become fully distributed in the US, and up to 1963 an estimated 10-30 million people received doses infected with simian virus-40, which has been linked to several forms of cancer. "Between 1962 and 1965, about 100 million Americans (roughly 56% of the population at that time) received the Sabin vaccine. " (Wikipedia)

Between 1961 and 1963 several forms of the Mumps vaccine were licensed, and in 1971 it was merged into the MMR vaccine. "MMR was licensed in 1971, and 40 percent of American children had received the combined vaccine by 1974." (Wikipedia)

My point is past introductions of vaccine happened over a much greater period of time, and the population had time to see the effects and benefits. Far lower percentages of the population were getting vaccinated. No one ran around firing people from their jobs... did they?

I'm not railing against the vaccine. I've had my shots. I'm railing against the intolerance. Vaccines don't have a perfect record, and it's been less than a year on this one. Give people the respect and the ability to make their own choice. Inform them of the complete facts as they become known, don't belittle them.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Oct 1st, '21, 16:39
My point is past introductions of vaccine happened over a much greater period of time, and the population had time to see the effects and benefits. Far lower percentages of the population were getting vaccinated. No one ran around firing people from their jobs... did they?

I'm not railing against the vaccine. I've had my shots. I'm railing against the intolerance. Vaccines don't have a perfect record, and it's been less than a year on this one. Give people the respect and the ability to make their own choice. Inform them of the complete facts as they become known, don't belittle them.
None of those diseases shut down the country and threaten to continue doing great damage to the economy and getting back fully to normal. People have been given the complete facts as they’ve become known. Time for a little belittling.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

And those facts have been evolving.

How effective is belittling in changing an adults behavior?