Vaccination mandates

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Vaccination mandates

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Oct 8th, '21, 06:15 I've finally seen someone who had a (somewhat) legitimate claim to a religious exemption to the vaccine. The woman in this article claims that because the development of the vaccine was based in part on stem cell research, and those stem cell lines were derived from aborted fetal tissue, she believes getting the vaccine would be immoral.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 6657b90a1b

Apparently she's right about cells lines derived from aborted fetal tissues being used in the research:
No, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. However, fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-a ... etal-cells

XJ, how do you feel about this issue?
I think it’s a huge deal to say “I can’t do X because of Christ”. Especially when most scripture supports getting vaccinated.

Fetal cells are used to test tons of things … foods, medicine, cosmetics, beverages etc. I think it’s unlikely this person, or any person, has considered this pre-COVID and abstained from all these products as a result.

Therefore I think this excuse is just that.

Their real reason is selfishness putting themselves above others.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 8th, '21, 07:17 Fetal cells are used to test tons of things … foods, medicine, cosmetics, beverages etc. I think it’s unlikely this person, or any person, has considered this pre-COVID and abstained from all these products as a result.

I tend to agree, but do you have an issue specifically with the use of stem cells derived from fetal tissues? It seems to me that the issue is a bit more complicated, as I've read that these stem cells can be derived from embryos left over from IVF and not necessarily from aborted fetuses. It also seems to me that even if there is some use of aborted fetal tissue, it's not as if not using this material would have prevented the abortion. It's a bit like harvesting a ligament from a cadaver, and not morally objectionable on its own even if abortion might be.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Oct 8th, '21, 07:36
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 8th, '21, 07:17 Fetal cells are used to test tons of things … foods, medicine, cosmetics, beverages etc. I think it’s unlikely this person, or any person, has considered this pre-COVID and abstained from all these products as a result.

I tend to agree, but do you have an issue specifically with the use of stem cells derived from fetal tissues? It seems to me that the issue is a bit more complicated, as I've read that these stem cells can be derived from embryos left over from IVF and not necessarily from aborted fetuses. It also seems to me that even if there is some use of aborted fetal tissue, it's not as if not using this material would have prevented the abortion. It's a bit like harvesting a ligament from a cadaver, and not morally objectionable on its own even if abortion might be.
I have an issue with abortion, but as you said these stem cells are kind of water under the bridge. I'm sure there is a plethora of things each of us would have issues with today that occurred throughout history, but continue to provide us great benefit today. Although I'm not Catholic, Pope is on record saying Catholics should have no reservations benefitting from a vaccine tested use stem cell lines.

The origins of 'aborted fetal tissue' doesn't seem to be clear on whether it was an abortion by choice or nature.

For what it's worth, most men and their families in my Bible study are vaccinated. The one that isn't doesn't use Christ as his excuse.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Meanwhile, in Gilead,
Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order on Monday banning "any entity" in the state from enforcing a vaccine mandate.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas ... d=msedgntp
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Looks like proof of vax or negative test will be required to attend world cup in person this year.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

WOBBLY BARN HALLOWEEN PARTY
OCTOBER 30TH 2021
Doors open at 9:00 p.m.
*Must show Vaccine Card or Proof of Negative Test within 72 hours for entry

The legendary spine-chilling Wobbly Barn Nightclub opens its doors October 30 for the most thrilling Halloween costume party in town!

We're kicking off the Wobbly Barn Nightclub season with the wizardly skills of DJ Stevie B on the 1's & 2's. You won't want to vanish on this night as there will be plenty of tricks and treats to be had on the spookiest night of the year!

Door proceeds benefit the Killington Volunteer Fire Department.

Costumes are required for admission and it's worth putting some thought into it because there are big prizes on the line.

Best Costume - Killington Season Pass

Best Couple - 2 Season Passes to Pico Mountain

Best Group - Dinner at the Wobbly Barn

Add the Wobbly Barn (at least the Halloween Party) to the list of places requiring proof of vax or negative test:
Don't Killington Pico
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

Curious why proof of actually having had Covid is not accepted for entry? Studies have show natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting the Jabs.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Fancypants wrote: Oct 13th, '21, 21:22 Curious why proof of actually having had Covid is not accepted for entry? Studies have show natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting the Jabs.
Maybe too hard to document for something to easily check at the entrance?

An interesting side note is that research seems to be pointing to the best immunity of all is happening in people who both recovered from Covid and had the vaccine.
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

What's the downside to requiring a vaccine? They're free, highly available in the U.S., and they're almost risk-free. Even if you've had covid, getting the vaccine will increase your immunity. So why not just get vaccinated?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Fancypants wrote: Oct 13th, '21, 21:22 Curious why proof of actually having had Covid is not accepted for entry? Studies have show natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting the Jabs.
Because that would be following science and authoritarians don't care about science. They just want people to obey their rules.

There have been more China virus deaths under Biden than under Trump, and Biden had three vaccines. D'oh!
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Interesting article on one medical professional's attempt to educate an individual determined to believe what he wanted rather than what the medical community is saying. The doctor's key takeaway:
While the doctor said he initially hoped to have an open dialogue with Rogan and help change his mind about vaccines, after the interview, it was clear "his mind was made up, and there would always be plenty of misinformation out there neatly packaged to support his convictions."
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-near ... nt-1638802
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Oct 14th, '21, 07:33
Because that would be following science and authoritarians don't care about science. They just want people to obey their rules.

There have been more China virus deaths under Biden than under Trump, and Biden had three vaccines. D'oh!
Shouldn't private businesses have the ability to enforce their own rules for entry?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Link to those statistics please? Doesn’t sound right but could be true.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Oct 14th, '21, 12:16

Link to those statistics please? Doesn’t sound right but could be true.
It's not true. 739,950 deaths to date. 429,869 deaths when Biden took the reigns. It doesn't matter ... nearly 100% of the deaths since Biden took office were due to individual's exercising their freedom of choice to not get vaccinated.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

more bad news for Biden and his idiotic mandates from PJ news Biden is a complete failure

The first major test of a vaccine mandate applied to municipal employees will take place this weekend in Chicago, where up to half of the city’s police force is set to defy the mandate by failing to report their vaccine status.fficers and other city employees who fail to report their vaccination status by Friday will “be placed in a non-disciplinary, no pay status,” according to the mayor’s office.

“It’s safe to say that the city of Chicago will have a police force at 50% or less for this weekend coming up,” said Chicago Fraternal Order of Police President John Catanzara. He added, “I do not believe the city has the authority to mandate that to anybody — let alone that information about your medical history.” The union has filed suit against the city to halt enforcement of the mandate.

It should be stressed that what is being mandated at this point is city employees reporting their vaccination status. It’s assumed that if they are not vaccinated, they will be given an ultimatum to get the shots by a certain date.

The confrontation sets up a major test for cities across the country that have mandated all city employees must be vaccinated or lose pay or their jobs — or both. Mayor Lori Lightfoot was asked what would happen if 50 percent of cops didn’t show up for the job.

and yes Southwest Airlines had a sick out in protest of the Mandates