Vaccination mandates

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Fancypants
Black Carver

Re: Vaccination mandates

Post by Fancypants »

Bubba wrote: Oct 1st, '21, 18:43 None of those diseases shut down the country and threaten to continue doing great damage to the economy and getting back fully to normal. People have been given the complete facts as they’ve become known. Time for a little belittling.
Your right, the diseases including Covid-19 didn't shut down the country causing great damage to the economy, Leftist Democrat politicians did.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Oct 1st, '21, 19:23 Your right, the diseases including Covid-19 didn't shut down the country causing great damage to the economy, Leftist Democrat politicians did.
Are you serious? What world do you live in? Every state in the Union shut down. Every state, including the ones run by Republicans. Even DeSantis issued a shut down order in Spring of 2020.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

For the fourth consecutive month, Washington, D.C., saw more of its residents murdered than died of COVID-19. Since July 1, 42 coronavirus deaths have been reported in the nation’s capital versus 77 homicide victims.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Is it non sequitur day here on Killington Zone?
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

On the other hand, firing all these government employees who refuse vaccinations seems like a great way to achieve that smaller, leaner government conservatives are always yearning for.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

On the other hand, firing all these government employees who refuse vaccinations seems like a great way to achieve that smaller, leaner government conservatives are always yearning for.

turning Dead Head into a conservative LOL!!
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Why the anti-vax narrative needs to be shutdown

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime ... story.html
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

deadheadskier wrote: Oct 7th, '21, 06:41 Why the anti-vax narrative needs to be shutdown

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime ... story.html
I would caution against drawing any type of conclusion from the acts of an obviously mentally disturbed individual.

I'm fine with giving people free choice as to whether or not they want the vaccine. But with that choice comes consequences. Some of those consequences might be getting fired, prevented from entering public spaces, and otherwise being ostracized from society. You have rights. The rest of us do, too, and we have the right not to associate with someone who could expose us to a potentially deadly virus.

I find it surprising that conservatives would oppose the notion of companies firing people for not taking the vaccine. I've spoken with a number of business owners who are concerned about unvaccinated employees. They are frankly afraid it will hurt their business, especially if customers are exposed to unvaccinated employees. I think it's fair for a business owner to insist his employees be vaccinated or face termination.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

My point is the anti-vax misinformation and rhetoric has deadly consequences. Both with normal people who get very sick or die from Covid and mentally disturbed conspiracy theorists getting radicalized and pushed over the edge.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: Oct 7th, '21, 07:13 My point is the anti-vax misinformation and rhetoric has deadly consequences. Both with normal people who get very sick or die from Covid and mentally disturbed conspiracy theorists getting radicalized and pushed over the edge.
This. The impact of misinformation I've witnessed among lifelong friends is astounding. It's like I'm talking to someone I don't even know. They're so angry and I can't even begin to understand or reason with them.

If Facebook would follow YouTube's lead it would go a long way. Facebook is the cesspool of humanity.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 7th, '21, 07:26 Facebook is the cesspool of humanity.
The internet contains the sum total of human knowledge, and the sum total of human stupidity. Unfortunately the latter exceeds the former by a large margin.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

AND THIS YEAR ISN'T OVER YET BIDEN IS AN INCOMPETENT FRAUD

Joe Biden repeatedly promised last year that he’d get COVID under control as president. In October, just weeks before the election, Biden declared, “I’m not going to shut down the economy, I’m not going to shut down the country, but I am going to shut down the virus.”

But according to data from Johns Hopkins University, more Americans have died from COVID-19 this year than in all of 2020. “More than 353,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported since Jan. 1, compared with 352,000 COVID-19 deaths in the first 10 months of the pandemic,” reports ABC News’ Arielle Mitropoulos.

Joe Biden took office on January 20 while cases and deaths were declining rapidly. It seems very likely that by Thanksgiving more COVID deaths will have occurred on Biden’s watch than during Donald Trump’s presidency. That’s despite three vaccines and advances in therapeutics. Sure, the Delta variant happened, but I was under the impression that Joe Biden would be able to manage COVID much better than Trump. Biden said he’d shut down the virus. He was going to save lives.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Bigjohnski wrote: Oct 7th, '21, 11:37 AND THIS YEAR ISN'T OVER YET BIDEN IS AN INCOMPETENT FRAUD

Joe Biden repeatedly promised last year that he’d get COVID under control as president. In October, just weeks before the election, Biden declared, “I’m not going to shut down the economy, I’m not going to shut down the country, but I am going to shut down the virus.”

But according to data from Johns Hopkins University, more Americans have died from COVID-19 this year than in all of 2020. “More than 353,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported since Jan. 1, compared with 352,000 COVID-19 deaths in the first 10 months of the pandemic,” reports ABC News’ Arielle Mitropoulos.

Joe Biden took office on January 20 while cases and deaths were declining rapidly. It seems very likely that by Thanksgiving more COVID deaths will have occurred on Biden’s watch than during Donald Trump’s presidency. That’s despite three vaccines and advances in therapeutics. Sure, the Delta variant happened, but I was under the impression that Joe Biden would be able to manage COVID much better than Trump. Biden said he’d shut down the virus. He was going to save lives.
Wow, and I bet the media will constantly remind us how poorly Biden is doing with the pandemic. NOT.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Biden has blood on his hands and the corrupt media gives him a free pass
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I've finally seen someone who had a (somewhat) legitimate claim to a religious exemption to the vaccine. The woman in this article claims that because the development of the vaccine was based in part on stem cell research, and those stem cell lines were derived from aborted fetal tissue, she believes getting the vaccine would be immoral.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 6657b90a1b

Apparently she's right about cells lines derived from aborted fetal tissues being used in the research:
No, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. However, fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-a ... etal-cells

XJ, how do you feel about this issue?