Covid Fatality Rate in Florida Continues to Decline

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Fancypants
Black Carver

Covid Fatality Rate in Florida Continues to Decline

Post by Fancypants »

Despite the media focus and hysteria over the alarming numbers of positive Covid tests results in Florida, the fatality rate has actually been in a steady decline. Even through the last surge of positive cases, it continued a steady drop.

Setting aside the mudslinging, here's some numbers for Florida as provided by the Mayo Clinic:

On 6/19 at what a lot of folks thought was the end of Covid

Fatality Rate of Cases: 1.62%
Positive Case Rate: 0.79%

After the July surge (peak 7/18)

Fatality Rate of Cases: 1.52% (8/12)
Positive Case Rate: 29.47% (7/18)

Today:

Fatality Rate of Cases: 1.44%
Positive Case Rate: 25.28

Screw the science, it's about the data........
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Covid Fatality Rate in Florida Continues to Decline

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Fancypants wrote: Aug 12th, '21, 21:13 Despite the media focus and hysteria over the alarming numbers of positive Covid tests results in Florida, the fatality rate has actually been in a steady decline. Even through the last surge of positive cases, it continued a steady drop.

Setting aside the mudslinging, here's some numbers for Florida as provided by the Mayo Clinic:

Today:

So you're saying out of Florida's 20,656 cases yesterday alone, 297 will die instead of 334? So what's the science telling you exactly? COVID is behind us? Vaccines are having a positive impact on reducing deaths? Something else?
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 13th, '21, 05:39
Fancypants wrote: Aug 12th, '21, 21:13 Despite the media focus and hysteria over the alarming numbers of positive Covid tests results in Florida, the fatality rate has actually been in a steady decline. Even through the last surge of positive cases, it continued a steady drop.

Today:

So you're saying out of Florida's 20,656 cases yesterday alone, 297 will die instead of 334? So what's the science telling you exactly? COVID is behind us? Vaccines are having a positive impact on reducing deaths? Something else?
The shots have a positive effect on reducing deaths for sure, signed up to get my 2X jab ASAP.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Very glad to see you have scheduled your jabs! It’s a good thing for you and for the greater good.
Don't Killington Pico
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

boston_e wrote: Aug 13th, '21, 23:39 Very glad to see you have scheduled your jabs! It’s a good thing for you and for the greater good.
To set the record straight I've been fully vaccinated since the end of April. First shot was only a day after I became eligible.....enough with the preaching.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Fancypants wrote: Aug 14th, '21, 20:31
boston_e wrote: Aug 13th, '21, 23:39 Very glad to see you have scheduled your jabs! It’s a good thing for you and for the greater good.
To set the record straight I've been fully vaccinated since the end of April. First shot was only a day after I became eligible.....enough with the preaching.

Gotcha. I read your post as you just signed up. Either way, I’m glad you did and stand by my statement that it is a good thing. Nothing wrong with preaching the truth on the benefits of this vaccine.
Don't Killington Pico
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

boston_e wrote: Aug 14th, '21, 22:14
Fancypants wrote: Aug 14th, '21, 20:31

Gotcha. I read your post as you just signed up. Either way, I’m glad you did and stand by my statement that it is a good thing. Nothing wrong with preaching the truth on the benefits of this vaccine.
Truth!