Alec Baldwin shooting

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Alec Baldwin shooting

Post by Mister Moose »

I just watched NBC's nightly news, and of course there's a significant segment on the shooting on the set of "Rust". What I don't understand -

Why isn't there a red banner emblazoned with "Live ammunition" attached to any gun with a live round in it, only to be removed by the actor, the one who will pull the trigger? This ensures the trigger puller is notified.

Why isn't it standard protocol for every actor who will fire a prop gun be personally responsible, to be trained to inspect firearms, be trained in the dangers associated with blanks, and be required to personally check each gun he is given to shoot, each time, each scene?

Why was the gun pointed at anyone, especially non actors? Normal firearm protocol is to never point a weapon at a person.

Why isn't the trigger puller responsible for firearm safety?

Why aren't these questions being asked by any media outlet?

And why is an anti gun activist making a film where that actor is filmed shooting a gun?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Alec Baldwin shooting

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I was taught to treat every gun as if it's loaded, even after I've personally unloaded it. All good questions, Moose. Lots of this doesn't make sense.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 23rd, '21, 18:48 I was taught to treat every gun as if it's loaded, even after I've personally unloaded it.
?????
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Why isn’t murderer Baldwin in jail???
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Lots of questions around this one. CNN reports Baldwin was practicing a cross-draw while seated on set when the gun went off. Victims may have just been standing at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure there will be a wrongful death lawsuit naming all kinds of people including Alec to try and hold them responsible. It seems like there wouldn't be criminal responsibility here, but it really depends on the facts, most of which we don't know.

One thing's for sure, though, is the politicizing/commercialization of this tragedy by anybody is disgusting (Oh hey Trump Jr., you're a piece of human garbage!).

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/entertai ... index.html
Last edited by easyrider16 on Oct 25th, '21, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I like how Hollywood is anti second amendment, yet 75% of their movies glorify gun violence. Hypocrites.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

throbster wrote: Oct 25th, '21, 15:08 I like how Hollywood is anti second amendment, yet 75% of their movies glorify gun violence. Hypocrites.
Movies, video games, recreation, sport, defense, crime...guns mean big money in nearly every facet of todays society.
ImageImageImageImage
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Throw the leftist bum Baldwin in jail for murder. It’s not the victim’s fault for being in the wrong place you idiot.

And the democrats saying republicans are picking on Baldwin while weaponizing January 6th are complete imbeciles.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Baldwin is a dickhead and deserves all the abuse he is getting for this. Karma.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

LOCK HIM UP!!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Who knew Alec Baldwin could turn so many conservatives into gun control advocates? 8)
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Coydog wrote: Oct 27th, '21, 05:13 Who knew Alec Baldwin could turn so many conservatives into gun control advocates? 8)
Unfortunately this is what we do now in the United States. Everyone is in one of two camps and views incidents like this through the lens of their political bias when the truth is much more gray than either side is willing to admit.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

What's clear is certain people feel that those who are big meanies to Trump don't deserve due process. You know, a full investigation and evidence based hearing.

Had it been James Woods or Clint Eastwood who pulled the trigger, these same folks would simply say, "Thoughts and prayers" and move on with their lives
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: Oct 27th, '21, 07:41 What's clear is certain people feel that those who are big meanies to Trump don't deserve due process. You know, a full investigation and evidence based hearing.

Had it been James Woods or Clint Eastwood who pulled the trigger, these same folks would simply say, "Thoughts and prayers" and move on with their lives
Just a reminder that the Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene from Georgia was unwilling to renounce the conspiracy theories that the Sandy Hook shooting, where 20 children between six and seven years old were murdered, was staged. The GOP responded with crickets.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Coydog wrote: Oct 27th, '21, 05:13 Who knew Alec Baldwin could turn so many conservatives into gun control advocates? 8)
Yeah. Keep them away from dumb liberals