Billionaire's tax is the worst idea ever, says NYU professor

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Billionaire's tax is the worst idea ever, says NYU professor

Post by easyrider16 »

"If I were writing bad tax law, this is what it would look like."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peoplea ... d=msedgntp

I wish Democrats would focus on more meat-and-potatos stuff rather than these hairbrained schemes. As this guy says, there's lots of other things they could do like raising rates or fixing loopholes, but instead Democrats put forward this horse crap idea.

Both parties are terrible right now.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Billionaire's tax is the worst idea ever, says NYU professor

Post by Bubba »

Manchin hates it so it's dead before the ink is dry.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I'm sure Democratic leadership knew this was never going to fly, especially in the Senate, and only proposed it so they could use it on the campaign trail in 2022.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

No, 49 senators are good with the bill. Once again, the Dems with the slightest majority, over reach massively on their voter mandate. And they're doing it when Sleepy is dropping in the polls like a led balloon.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

throbster wrote: Oct 27th, '21, 17:28 No, 49 senators are good with the bill. Once again, the Dems with the slightest majority, over reach massively on their voter mandate. And they're doing it when Sleepy is dropping in the polls like a led balloon.
Actually they have something like 48 with two independents who work with them. Two of their 48 are balking at this bill. Manchin of West Virginia has made some REALLY interesting comments the last week or so. Its almost like he is hinting he will switch to being a Republican as his position is so distant from the majority of the party. Its worth watching what he does and says.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Many of the other 48 agree with Manchin but they're letting him carry the freight. Why get involved in a fight if you don't have to.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe