expansion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

BoozeTan
Guru Poster

expansion

Post by BoozeTan »

really hoping they get some cold temps soon. Right now it is def not worth the 3 hour drive to ride 2 trails. I know the report says 3 trails but counting Upper Great Northern is a dumb. Nobody is lapping the stairs to do GN. Its 2 trails and an access trail
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: expansion

Post by Captain Hafski »

Three trails: Upper Rime, Lower Rime, Reason ??

Regardless, the cold temps are not here now and it is starting to pour. Gonna be pretty Fugly Saturday.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
RedFlash
Beginner On Rentals

Post by RedFlash »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 12th, '21, 09:41 Three trails: Upper Rime, Lower Rime, Reason ??
Plus Upper Rime Headwall, Middle Rime, Lower Reason, Reason Headwall. That makes 7.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

LOL
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

We count 8 total .. the stairway counts as a trail .. cattle ascending routinely .. :lol:

“ A trail is usually a path, track or unpaved lane or road. ... There are also unpaved trails used by dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles, and in some places, like the Alps, trails are used for moving cattle and other livestock..”

Bring on the natural! :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

skithestairs.jpg
skithestairs.jpg (97.47 KiB) Viewed 4054 times
brownman wrote: Nov 12th, '21, 09:55 We count 8 total .. the stairway counts as a trail .. cattle ascending routinely .. :lol:

“ A trail is usually a path, track or unpaved lane or road. ... There are also unpaved trails used by dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles, and in some places, like the Alps, trails are used for moving cattle and other livestock..”

Bring on the natural! :like

ImageImageImageImage
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Looks to me that you guys are 'paving' it :like
That could teknikly remove it from trail status .. 8)

Forever .. Goat Path
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

BoozeTan wrote: Nov 12th, '21, 09:26 Nobody is lapping the stairs to do GN.
The thought has crossed my mind . . . . butt no thanks
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

really think of it as one trail. GN is access and reason can be scary with the park rats.

indeed the stairs are getting old. cold air comes in saturday evening and stays into wednesday. then a bit of warmup before getting cold again maybe overnight thursday. hopefully t-t-b for the following weekend. they have a 3-day window to blast the hell out of superstar ahead of control. WC is gonna be a very close call.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I'm not convinced they'll be able to successfully make a top to bottom push this week. If they can't, then I would like to see them open some more terrain in North Ridge to reduce trail crowding. Upper East Fall and Upper Double Dipper are already partially done. Great Northern to Lower Ridge Run would be even better if they can get to it.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote: Nov 12th, '21, 14:32 I'm not convinced they'll be able to successfully make a top to bottom push this week. If they can't, then I would like to see them open some more terrain in North Ridge to reduce trail crowding. Upper East Fall and Upper Double Dipper are already partially done. Great Northern to Lower Ridge Run would be even better if they can get to it.
as always mama nature has the last word but with a number of ski areas "scheduled" to open next weekend w presumably t-t-b, think k would push to do the same if possible. after the little weather blip mid-week, guns could come back thursday nite and stay right through the holiday. can envision a scenario where they open t-t-b mid-day saturday but definitely sunday. but yes at least UEF for starters followed by upper dip to spread the NR crowd around. sometimes even when they go t-t-b it involves a push up from the back of the NRQ before they complete LRR.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I don't think many ski areas will be able to open next weekend unless they can download.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Keep in mind the stairs suck but it's better to be open than closed because you decided to dust and run. It is still the middle of a very mild November.
Last edited by newpylong1 on Nov 13th, '21, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Killington is going to have been the only open resort in the east for 2 weeks, so you can't complain too much. I would hope they can at least start on a T2B route this week, even if it can't be finished by next weekend. Despite today's r*in, coverage seems to have held up well on Rime. One thing that's often overlooked is that K1 Base is one of the highest bases in the Northeast, so that does give them an advantage in marginal windows. I think it helped them open November 20 with terrain off 4 lifts last year, also a very mild November, when few others were able to open at all.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I noticed snowmakers setting guns up on Snowdon, all the way down to the bubble. Snowdon Triple was testing all day.