Inflation

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Inflation

Post by Bigjohnski »

Inflation was NEVER mentioned when president Trump was president You dippy dems were trying to impeach him remember??
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

Coydog wrote: Dec 14th, '21, 06:26
Fancypants wrote:
It goes well beyond all of this. The US was the worlds leading energy producer prior to the entry of the Biden administration and their misaligned and misguided policies related to energy.

Here we see China overtaking the US in total energy production sometime around 2005, presumably at the beginning of the Biden administration.
That's a reliable and verifiable data source. :roll:
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Fancypants wrote: Dec 15th, '21, 22:12
Fancypants wrote:
It goes well beyond all of this. The US was the worlds leading energy producer prior to the entry of the Biden administration and their misaligned and misguided policies related to energy.

Here we see China overtaking the US in total energy production sometime around 2005, presumably at the beginning of the Biden administration.
So share yours?
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Why wouldn't BP's statistical review be reliable? What motive do they have to fabricate energy production numbers like this?

This is the Trumper MO: if you are confronted with a fact that challenges the party line, just deny the source is reliable and ignore it, without providing or even researching any alternative data.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 07:37
Fancypants wrote:

Why wouldn't BP's statistical review be reliable? What motive do they have to fabricate energy production numbers like this?

This is the Trumper MO: if you are confronted with a fact that challenges the party line, just deny the source is reliable and ignore it, without providing or even researching any alternative data.

C'mon people. This graph is for energy, not oil. Take a look at China's coal production since 2007 and you'll see the source of their gain. Fancypants just may have been a little sloppy and used energy instead of oil when refering to the US, Coydog must know this but can't resist, and Easyrider goes off on a BP analysis and blaming a stereotype that actually has nothing to do with it, and doesn't research it whilst complaining about folks that don't do research...

I'd post a picture, but for some reason the easy historical graphs stop somewhere in the teens and don't show the entire recent 2 decades.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 08:42 C'mon people. This graph is for energy, not oil. Take a look at China's coal production since 2007 and you'll see the source of their gain.
I will admit this is a good point. However Fancy's original post, which this was a response to, talked about ENERGY not OIL. His exact quote: "The US was the worlds leading energy producer prior to the entry of the Biden administration and their misaligned and misguided policies related to energy." (emphasis added)
Fancypants just may have been a little sloppy and used energy instead of oil when refering to the US, Coydog must know this but can't resist, and Easyrider goes off on a BP analysis and blaming a stereotype that actually has nothing to do with it, and doesn't research it whilst complaining about folks that don't do research...
You are mischaracterizing Fancy's post. He questioned the reliability of the chart without reason.
Last edited by easyrider16 on Dec 16th, '21, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 08:42
easyrider16 wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 07:37
Fancypants wrote:

C'mon people. This graph is for energy, not oil. Take a look at China's coal production since 2007 and you'll see the source of their gain. Fancypants just may have been a little sloppy and used energy instead of oil when refering to the US, Coydog must know this but can't resist, and Easyrider goes off on a BP analysis and blaming a stereotype that actually has nothing to do with it, and doesn't research it whilst complaining about folks that don't do research...

I'd post a picture, but for some reason the easy historical graphs stop somewhere in the teens and don't show the entire recent 2 decades.
Best I could find, Moose. Although the premise was "The US was the worlds leading energy producer prior to the entry of the Biden administration", not oil. Words have meaning :Toast
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (43.91 KiB) Viewed 525 times
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I will point out that I asked Fancy to clarify what exactly he was talking about several posts earlier, and he declined to do so, replying only with a criticism of Coydog's graph. I think my "stereotype" criticism still stands - Fancy ignored conflicting data, didn't even engage with it the way Moose did, and just simply questioned it's accuracy and authenticity without attempting to verify or cite contradictory data. This is typical Trumper thinking.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 08:59 I will point out that I asked Fancy to clarify what exactly he was talking about several posts earlier, and he declined to do so, replying only with a criticism of Coydog's graph. I think my "stereotype" criticism still stands - Fancy ignored conflicting data, didn't even engage with it the way Moose did, and just simply questioned it's accuracy and authenticity without attempting to verify or cite contradictory data. This is typical Trumper thinking.
Oh, Trumpers have the patent on this behavior? I didn't know. Lots of patent infringement suits will likely be forthcoming.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 09:26
easyrider16 wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 08:59 I will point out that I asked Fancy to clarify what exactly he was talking about several posts earlier, and he declined to do so, replying only with a criticism of Coydog's graph. I think my "stereotype" criticism still stands - Fancy ignored conflicting data, didn't even engage with it the way Moose did, and just simply questioned it's accuracy and authenticity without attempting to verify or cite contradictory data. This is typical Trumper thinking.
Oh, Trumpers have the patent on this behavior? I didn't know. Lots of patent infringement suits will likely be forthcoming.
Both parties do it pretty well, but only one of them tried to overthrow the will of the people.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 09:26 Oh, Trumpers have the patent on this behavior? I didn't know. Lots of patent infringement suits will likely be forthcoming.
Fair point. You are correct. There are certainly people on the left side of the margin that do the same thing.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

FP’s unsubstantiated and specious claim is contradicted with objective data from a reputable source. FP whines about the reliability of the source without providing a morsel of data that even remotely questions the source.

Moose then clairvoyantly asserts FP was actually claiming something entirely different, but of course provides no data to support this inferred and still unsubstantiated claim – apparently something to do with the internet being broken.

As already mentioned, seems to me like a prime example of Trump era untethered conservative thinking that all too often leads to tribal outrage about imaginary outcomes from imaginary causes.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Wow, how much screen time do you knuckleheads have on this topic?

All you need to know is Biden cancelled Keystone on day one, then he allowed the Nord Stream pipeline to be finished, and then he went to OPEC and begged them to produce more oil. Stupid is as stupid does.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 12:15 Moose then clairvoyantly asserts FP was actually claiming something entirely different, but of course provides no data to support this inferred and still unsubstantiated claim – apparently something to do with the internet being broken.

As already mentioned, seems to me like a prime example of Trump era untethered conservative thinking that all too often leads to tribal outrage about imaginary outcomes from imaginary causes.
When the immediate prior numerous posts had to do with oil and oil pipelines and not world energy consumption, it doesn't take clairvoyance, it takes a recognition of context. But have your fun, it is Kzone after all. There is no data to provide, just push the button for the previous page if you need to be refreshed.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 13:48
Coydog wrote: Dec 16th, '21, 12:15 Moose then clairvoyantly asserts FP was actually claiming something entirely different, but of course provides no data to support this inferred and still unsubstantiated claim – apparently something to do with the internet being broken.

When the immediate prior numerous posts had to do with oil and oil pipelines and not world energy consumption, it doesn't take clairvoyance, it takes a recognition of context. But have your fun, it is Kzone after all. There is no data to provide, just push the button for the previous page if you need to be refreshed.
FP's claim stands on it's own. But no matter, whether energy production or oil production, you have no credible data to support the central assertion the US was the world's leading producer until the start of the Biden administration but not thereafter because of the administration's energy policies.