Inflation

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Inflation

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 12:06 Pipelines bro! Had Trump gotten his bigly, beautiful pipeline, gas would be a buck a gallon.
There is an element of truth to this statement which obviously escapes you.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

deadheadskier wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 12:06 Pipelines bro! Had Trump gotten his bigly, beautiful pipeline, gas would be a buck a gallon.
Certainly wouldn't have hurt gas prices.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 12:28
An extremely slim element, almost microscopic, visible only to those wearing rose colored glasses with blinders on. Carry on....
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

daytripper wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 12:29
Certainly wouldn't have hurt gas prices.
This I can agree with. No impact results in no harm either.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 12:39
An extremely slim element, almost microscopic, visible only to those wearing rose colored glasses with blinders on. Carry on....
Widen your field of view.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 12:53
Bubba wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 12:39
Widen your field of view.
Enlighten me with your opinion; then we’ll discuss facts.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Lol. Wow, you must be like super duper smart in regards to global petrol markets and consumer prices.

What would the cost savings per gallon be had the pipeline gone through?

Probably enough to have all of the auto manufacturers reverse course on the major investments they are making in EVs I'm sure.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Explain to me how killing a pipeline project for a pipline that never existed caused higher gas prices? Did the oil that was supposed to be carried by the pipeline disappear somehow?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

What happened to the pipelines in 2008 when gas was at a record high?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I said an element, ie incremental change. That means proportionately not big, and it means over time.

Does the pipeline deliver oil at a higher or lower cost?
How does the act of eliminating this pipeline affect future oil transportation decisions by the private sector?
Does this act, (and others by the administration), create an environment for the oil industry that is more conducive to risk?
Does this act, (and others by the administration), create an environment for the oil industry that is more conducive to investment?
Does this act, (and others by the administration), create an environment for the oil industry that is encouraging exploration?

It's not just the pipeline, it's what the pipeline cancelation forebodes.

"It's signals, Jerry, Signals."
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Investment in oil production/exploration was down before Biden took office, wasn't it? In fact I'm pretty sure it's been on a downward trend since before Trump was in office. Given the future of long term demand, the market is making the choice to invest less in oil production regardless of what Biden is doing. At least that's what it seems to me.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Fact checker alert.

You’re embarrassing yourself
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 18:28 I said an element, ie incremental change. That means proportionately not big, and it means over time.

How does the act of eliminating this pipeline affect future oil transportation decisions by the private sector?
Does this act, (and others by the administration), create an environment for the oil industry that is more conducive to risk?
Does this act, (and others by the administration), create an environment for the oil industry that is more conducive to investment?
Does this act, (and others by the administration), create an environment for the oil industry that is encouraging exploration?

I said you'd offer opinion to back up your contention; you don't even offer that. You offer questions. Want some facts?

1. US oil production has remained relatively constant this year compared with the past several years; ie no material change from the past several years. https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... rfpus2&f=m

2. Much to the consternation of environmental groups, oil and gas leases issued by the Federal government are higher this year than in almost any year of the Trump administration. (I saw the info in an energy trade publication but haven't been able to find a link as of yet.)

3. The futures contract for crude oil settles at Cushing, OK and any production sold based on the NYMEX contract has a basis difference, plus or minus, tied to that contract. Oil produced in Texas, Oklahoma, etc. nets back a far higher price to the producer than oil produced in Alberta. The futures price is tied to world oil prices such as Brent, Saudi Light, etc. It's a world price, not simply a domestic price.

4. The Biden administration's efforts to push alternative energies such as solar, wind, etc. would, if effective, decrease demand for oil, thus pushing prices down. While this would theoretically reduce current investment in oil production, the actual numbers run counter to that thesis. Production is relatively constant and leasing appears to be up.

5. Cancellation of KeystoneXL is immaterial to current oil prices and current oil production. You may theorize about the future but the facts are the facts as far as today's gas and inflation numbers are concerned.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Bidenflation

End of message
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Bubba wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 22:50
Mister Moose wrote: Dec 12th, '21, 18:28 I said an element, ie incremental change. That means proportionately not big, and it means over time.

I said you'd offer opinion to back up your contention; you don't even offer that. You offer questions. Want some facts?

1. US oil production has remained relatively constant this year compared with the past several years; ie no material change from the past several years. https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... rfpus2&f=m

2. Much to the consternation of environmental groups, oil and gas leases issued by the Federal government are higher this year than in almost any year of the Trump administration. (I saw the info in an energy trade publication but haven't been able to find a link as of yet.)

3. The futures contract for crude oil settles at Cushing, OK and any production sold based on the NYMEX contract has a basis difference, plus or minus, tied to that contract. Oil produced in Texas, Oklahoma, etc. nets back a far higher price to the producer than oil produced in Alberta. The futures price is tied to world oil prices such as Brent, Saudi Light, etc. It's a world price, not simply a domestic price.

4. The Biden administration's efforts to push alternative energies such as solar, wind, etc. would, if effective, decrease demand for oil, thus pushing prices down. While this would theoretically reduce current investment in oil production, the actual numbers run counter to that thesis. Production is relatively constant and leasing appears to be up.

5. Cancellation of KeystoneXL is immaterial to current oil prices and current oil production. You may theorize about the future but the facts are the facts as far as today's gas and inflation numbers are concerned.
What facts??

If any of that nonsense were true gas prices would be the same as the beginning of the year

Try again