AOC starts making sense

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: AOC starts making sense

Post by easyrider16 »

Not that many? So some are okay with it? Do you consider those folks to be batsh!t crazy, too?

I'm not taking a position one way or the other. I'm just saying there are rational reasons to oppose it. Therefore, opposing it is not batsh!t crazy.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

sh*t crazy is her wanting to dissolve ice and give all illegal aliens the same rights of people here legally. sh*t crazy is wanting to forgive debt for all college students. sh*t crazy is being for new bail laws that let people with long arrest records out on the street to commit more crimes (major problem in NYC right now) and letting felons out of prison without even serving a 10th of their sentence. We won't even get into defunding the police which she wants. MTG is just a moron like our recently silenced contributer big John and isn't believable with the ridiculous sh*t she puts out there.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I'm not really interested in delving into and defending all her policy positions, but I do believe she has rational reasons for each of them. Like you, I happen to disagree with most, but that doesn't make them batsh!t crazy any more than you are batsh!t crazy for believing what you believe.

You know what is batsh!t crazy, though? Pushing conspiracy theories of widespread election fraud when there is zero rational reason for believing them. Yet right now, 60% of Republicans believe some or all of them (according to polling data). That is batsh!t crazy.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 20th, '21, 18:34 I'm not really interested in delving into and defending all her policy positions, but I do believe she has rational reasons for each of them. Like you, I happen to disagree with most, but that doesn't make them batsh!t crazy any more than you are batsh!t crazy for believing what you believe.

You know what is batsh!t crazy, though? Pushing conspiracy theories of widespread election fraud when there is zero rational reason for believing them. Yet right now, 60% of Republicans believe some or all of them (according to polling data). That is batsh!t crazy.
I disagree, sh*t crazy can be intelligent, you almost have to be. MTG and her supporters are morons. You can't have any intelligence and support her.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Agreed as to the second part. As to the first, my definition of crazy is someone who is not rational.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 20th, '21, 19:29 Agreed as to the second part. As to the first, my definition of crazy is someone who is not rational.
How about the Republicans backing two dozen SEALs with their “religious exemption” to the vaccine?

I say … don’t follow orders … bye!

I’ve yet to see someone outline their exemption with supporting scripture.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 20th, '21, 16:10 Oh I'm not criticizing your comment, Dick. More so the person you were quoting, as well as this attitude that AOC is some kind of batsh!t crazy person. The Republicans have far more batsh!t crazy in their ranks than the democrats do right now. AOC is an intelligent person with differing opinions than most, which is something that should be valued in a democracy rather than shunned. Let her ideas compete with all others in the marketplace of ideas, and see which ones come out on top. The ad hominem attacks are what we should be shunning.
With a few interjections that I ignored as I progressed through this thread, the discussion was almost stimulating until I ran into this train wreck. Can I offer a tissue?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Is this response supposed to upset me or something? Grow up and try to expand your perspective.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

daytripper wrote: Dec 20th, '21, 17:54 MTG is just a moron like our recently silenced contributer big John and isn't believable with the ridiculous sh*t she puts out there.
Point of order. John hasn’t been silenced.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Cheezyrider......go sing Kumbayah somewhere else....FACT:...she IS......batshite wack-O
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bubba wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 10:59
daytripper wrote: Dec 20th, '21, 17:54 MTG is just a moron like our recently silenced contributer big John and isn't believable with the ridiculous sh*t she puts out there.
I haven't heard anything from him.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

daytripper wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 11:19
Bubba wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 10:59
I haven't heard anything from him.
Perhaps Bubba could elaborate on what "permanent moderation" means.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 07:54 Is this response supposed to upset me or something? Grow up and try to expand your perspective.
Absolutely not. What were you saying about ad hominem attacks........
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 21:44
easyrider16 wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 07:54 Is this response supposed to upset me or something? Grow up and try to expand your perspective.
You're right. I should have just ignored your snide response that was devoid of all substance instead of responding in kind. My apologies.

Perhaps you could clarify your response by indicating precisely what made you think the post was a "train wreck" and why you think I would need a tissue? Then perhaps we could discuss ideas instead of exchanging barbs.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 22nd, '21, 07:09
Fancypants wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 21:44
You're right. I should have just ignored your snide response that was devoid of all substance instead of responding in kind. My apologies.

Perhaps you could clarify your response by indicating precisely what made you think the post was a "train wreck" and why you think I would need a tissue? Then perhaps we could discuss ideas instead of exchanging barbs.
Are you Skiology Matt?