Check this out

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Check this out

Post by BoozeTan »

My freind Adrien, who some of you met, picked one of these up at the end of the season..pretty cool

http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/artic ... cale=en_US
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

way cool Booze.
But will it slice bread and walk the dog when i am away from home?

4 real i know a few tec-heads that would of nuts with that thing.
me?
i'll pass on it but it would rase anyones Bling factor 2 a new level!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Dude, this was SKIMAG's Must Have Gear. Wrist computer. Varying degrees of sophistication and price. Lots of selection on EBAY.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Wow! How much did he pay for it? I clicked on the "buy it" button to see the price but it won't load for me. Token must have called ahead and told them to block me or something. :lol:

Seems interesting, but it would be good if they came out with one that's on a carbemer or clip of some type. I hate having to pull up my jacket sleeve and pull down my glove to check the time.

Sprite
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I would love a gadget that can do all those things. Problem is, I CAN'T SEE THEM WITHOUT GLASSES. So, WTF good is it while I'm skiing and could actually use it?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Does it make skiing more fun?
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

DMC wrote:Does it make skiing more fun?
good one DMC.
imo it is a bragging rites'bling thing. that will impress the X-box ppl. when you pull it out to show the world.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

snowsprite wrote:Wow! How much did he pay for it? I clicked on the "buy it" button to see the price but it won't load for me. Token must have called ahead and told them to block me or something. :lol:

Sprite
Adrien got it on the access road for ~ $200. It was marked down from like $325 or something. I found a couple on EBAY for under $200
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

snowsprite wrote:Wow! How much did he pay for it? I clicked on the "buy it" button to see the price but it won't load for me. Token must have called ahead and told them to block me or something. :lol:

Seems interesting, but it would be good if they came out with one that's on a carbemer or clip of some type. I hate having to pull up my jacket sleeve and pull down my glove to check the time.

Sprite
Try putting it on the outside of your sleeve then.. It may work..
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

well it was kind of cool to get done at the end of the day and see what are total Vertical was, total # of runs, Average speed, Top speed, and a couple other things...so I think the answer is YES it makes it more fun
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BoozeTan wrote:
well it was kind of cool to get done at the end of the day and see what are total Vertical was, total # of runs, Average speed, Top speed, and a couple other things...so I think the answer is YES it makes it more fun
Sounds like it makes it more interesting for you...

I'm sorry - I just laugh at people that think more total vertical equals fun.. It's just not my thing.. At Tuckermans - I'm happy with 2 runs.. Or 10 whatever...

I have a compass... Thats about it...
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

How high? How steep? Which way home? The updated Suunto S6 "wrist-top computer" ($329, suuntousa.com) remains the benchmark timepiece for skiers. Its features include an altimeter, a clinometer (which measures slope angle), compass, thermometer, baro-meter and clock, but that's just the beginning of what it can do. Plug it into your PC, read the fat little instruction manual, and take a deeply analytical approach to every ski day (number of runs, total vert, average speeds and more). Or you can just use its basic functions, which are relatively easy to navigate.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

DMC wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:
Sounds like it makes it more interesting for you...

I'm sorry - I just laugh at people that think more total vertical equals fun.. It's just not my thing.. At Tuckermans - I'm happy with 2 runs.. Or 10 whatever...

I have a compass... Thats about it...
DMC IMO you might be looking at it in the wrong light.....
After a few bong hits it just might b the right thing 2 have!
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Bling Skier wrote:DMC IMO you might be looking at it in the wrong light.....
After a few bong hits it just might b the right thing 2 have!
If there was a reason for me to know my alititude - like climbing and aclimization - I may get one...

But I have a compass and incline meter already..

EDIT: I do need a thermometer to finish out my snowpack study kit...
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Just read in one of Bling Man's threads that this company Suunto, is owned by the same company as Atomic. They should build these things into bindings!