Fancypants
Black Carver

The Wolf of Washington

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: The Wolf of Washington

Post by easyrider16 »

There are many examples of this on both sides of the aisle. Pelosi's response was pretty awful, basically denying that there is a problem. But there is a problem, and it is a bipartisan problem. I think any elected representative should have to put their assets in a blind trust the moment they are sworn in. Of course, this will never happen, because neither side has any interest in killing their golden goose. We are so busy fighting over tribal loyalties to parties that we are letting both parties rob us blind.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Pelosi is a vile, petty swamp creature. I could never be in a party that she led. You dumbocrats must have to hold your noses.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 06:42 There are many examples of this on both sides of the aisle. Pelosi's response was pretty awful, basically denying that there is a problem. But there is a problem, and it is a bipartisan problem. I think any elected representative should have to put their assets in a blind trust the moment they are sworn in. Of course, this will never happen, because neither side has any interest in killing their golden goose. We are so busy fighting over tribal loyalties to parties that we are letting both parties rob us blind.
When I worked in a role governed by SEC rules I basically couldn't own stocks. I could only own mutual/index funds, ETFs, etc. I don't see why Congress should be any different. I have no issue with them owning index funds.
throbster wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 08:38 Pelosi is a vile, petty swamp creature. I could never be in a party that she led. You dumbocrats must have to hold your noses.
How do you balance being Christian while also saying things like this? Aren't we taught in Luke that we are to love our enemies, do good to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I'm guessing the way things are going, CINO will become a favorite term of Trumpers. "Christian In Name Only"
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 09:42
easyrider16 wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 06:42 There are many examples of this on both sides of the aisle. Pelosi's response was pretty awful, basically denying that there is a problem. But there is a problem, and it is a bipartisan problem. I think any elected representative should have to put their assets in a blind trust the moment they are sworn in. Of course, this will never happen, because neither side has any interest in killing their golden goose. We are so busy fighting over tribal loyalties to parties that we are letting both parties rob us blind.
When I worked in a role governed by SEC rules I basically couldn't own stocks. I could only own mutual/index funds, ETFs, etc. I don't see why Congress should be any different. I have no issue with them owning index funds.
throbster wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 08:38 Pelosi is a vile, petty swamp creature. I could never be in a party that she led. You dumbocrats must have to hold your noses.
How do you balance being Christian while also saying things like this? Aren't we taught in Luke that we are to love our enemies, do good to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us?
So are you saying Pelosi hates, curses and mistreats us?

If I had time on my hands like queazy, I would go back and cite some of the nice things you've said about Trump.

"How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 10:22
So are you saying Pelosi hates, curses and mistreats us?

If I had time on my hands like queazy, I would go back and cite some of the nice things you've said about Trump.

"How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"
You can search for days - I never attacked him as a human being.

The verse you cite above from Matthew doesn't mean what you're suggesting it means. If it meant what you're alluding here, Christians would have to universally accept everything out of risk of sin by 'judging others'. We're called to show unconditional love, but not unconditional approval.

In this verse, Jesus is saying we shouldn't judge other people without first looking at ourselves - I am not judging or condemning you. Christ is clear later in Matthew that Christian's must help remove the speck from our brother's eye.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

How about just being a decent human? I'm not Christian but I don't go around insulting people that I have never even met. People that do have deeper issues that bring out their internet tough guy acts. I feel bad for them. I was brought up to respect people even if I disagree with them or dislike them. I do believe that it's mostly just an internet tough guy act and that in real life they are actually decent people. That's been the case with the internet tough guys that I have met in person.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

daytripper wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 11:03
How about just being a decent human? I'm not Christian but I don't go around insulting people that I have never even met. People that do have deeper issues that bring out their internet tough guy acts. I feel bad for them. I was brought up to respect people even if I disagree with them or dislike them. I do believe that it's mostly just an internet tough guy act and that in real life they are actually decent people. That's been the case with the internet tough guys that I have met in person.
You do realize this is the KillingtonZone, where being snarky has always been the norm? Liberals have a way of changing the subject when they are losing the argument. Hence the "what would Jesus do?" comments.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 10:22 "How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"
Apply this to all your republican politicians.
Four senators sold stocks shortly after a January briefing in the Senate on the novel coronavirus outbreak, unloading shares that plummeted in value a month later as the stock market crashed in the face of a global pandemic.

According to financial disclosure forms, Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) each sold hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks within days of the Senate holding a classified briefing on Jan. 24 with Trump administration officials on the threat of the coronavirus outbreak.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488 ... hed-market

Will you now criticize those three Republicans with the same vehemence you criticized Pelosi? How about Trump? Remember when he held court at Mar-A-Lago during his presidency, then doubled the initiation fees? Or when foreign governments started to spend money at his properties to curry favor with him?

You're willing to see the corruption by democrats, which I agree is there. Are you willing to acknowledge that your side does it, too?
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 13:34
throbster wrote: Jan 27th, '22, 10:22 "How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"
Apply this to all your republican politicians.
Four senators sold stocks shortly after a January briefing in the Senate on the novel coronavirus outbreak, unloading shares that plummeted in value a month later as the stock market crashed in the face of a global pandemic.

According to financial disclosure forms, Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) each sold hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks within days of the Senate holding a classified briefing on Jan. 24 with Trump administration officials on the threat of the coronavirus outbreak.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488 ... hed-market

How about Trump? Remember when he held court at Mar-A-Lago during his presidency, then doubled the initiation fees? Or when foreign governments started to spend money at his properties to curry favor with him?
I don't remember that, did it actually happen?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

Absolutely not, but disagree with your conclusions on the alleged issue(s). If you're concerned about using elected office to make money, let's have a discussion about the Biden/Clinton crime families and not immediately right it off as conspiracy theories. Have you read any of Peter Schweizer's books? Very insightful!
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Fancypants wrote: Feb 2nd, '22, 21:57
Absolutely not, but disagree with your conclusions on the alleged issue(s). If you're concerned about using elected office to make money, let's have a discussion about the Biden/Clinton crime families and not immediately right it off as conspiracy theories. Have you read any of Peter Schweizer's books? Very insightful!
Can the Clintons be the first family to make a billion in America politics? Hillary needs to return to make that happen.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Feb 2nd, '22, 21:57 Absolutely not, but disagree with your conclusions on the alleged issue(s). If you're concerned about using elected office to make money, let's have a discussion about the Biden/Clinton crime families and not immediately right it off as conspiracy theories. Have you read any of Peter Schweizer's books? Very insightful!
Which conclusions? It sounds to me like you're pointing the finger at Democrats when they do it, and ignoring it when Republicans do it. Did the Clintons profit off their time in public office? Hell yes they did. As did Obama. As did Trump. As did all of the Republicans I mention above. You think Pelosi is the only member of Congress trading on insider information? You are incredibly naive if you think there aren't just as many Republicans doing this as Democrats.

The problem with corruption is bipartisan. If you can't see that, it's because you're turning a blind eye when your side does it. But you know, this is what they want. They want you so caught up in tribalism that they can get away with it.