Stupid Things Democrats Did Today

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Stupid Things Democrats Did Today

Post by asher2789 »

its literally fascism, free speech for me but not for thee. private business can operate however it wants except not when it does things i disagree with. thats the republican motto.

and the democrats? a spineless right wing party that wishes to "compromise" with fascists. find the "middle ground". be "centrist". we all know how that turned out in the 1930s...

to modernize a well known poem from the time...

First they came for the migrant children, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a migrant child.

Then they came for the trans people, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trans person.

Then they came for the gays, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a gay.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Mar 18th, '22, 07:26
throbster wrote: Mar 17th, '22, 21:22 So today the New York Times finally admitted that Hunter's laptop is real.

Nice cover up media and big tech. Nice fascist move hiding the truth from the American people.
Shrug your shoulders, fascists...
was the war in iraq fascist too? that was all lies. this isnt fascism, this is politicians lying as they always do, and the media lying right alongside them.

a great definition of fascism.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Hunter "the artist" must be selling artwork like hotcakes to afford $20,000 per month rent.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Secret+Se ... orm=HPNN01

👍🤦‍♂️
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Sickos and pedophiles grooming children. And yes, these people are Democrats.

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3 ... HciSeCtLhQ

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

No mention of pedophiles in that entire article. Also, no indication of political affiliation.

Stop posting stuff you haven't actually read. Also, stop getting your news from Facebook. Seriously.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 07:49 No mention of pedophiles in that entire article. Also, no indication of political affiliation.

Stop posting stuff you haven't actually read. Also, stop getting your news from Facebook. Seriously.
It's Breitbart, stooge. Do you think they are making the story up? These f*** are mentally ill and so are the idiot parents that bring their children to this sick sh*t.

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Why does it matter to you how people want to dress? It's for 12-18 year olds, kids have their own identity by then. If they want to dress in drag that's up to them.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

daytripper wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:28 Why does it matter to you how people want to dress? It's for 12-18 year olds, kids have their own identity by then. If they want to dress in drag that's up to them.
Because they are out there advertising their sick lifestyle to 12 year olds!!!

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:30
daytripper wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:28 Why does it matter to you how people want to dress? It's for 12-18 year olds, kids have their own identity by then. If they want to dress in drag that's up to them.
What is sick about it?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

daytripper wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:31
throbster wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:30
What is sick about it?
🤦‍♂️

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 07:59 It's Breitbart, stooge. Do you think they are making the story up? These f*** are mentally ill and so are the idiot parents that bring their children to this sick sh*t.
I didn't say they were making anything up. I am saying you are making things up. You said they were pedophiles and that they were democrats but neither of those things are mentioned in the article you cited. I believe you are making assumptions based on your obvious and open bigotry.

But since we are on the topic of Breitbart, they have a very open far-right-wing bias, so I usually review them with skepticism.
throbster wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:51
daytripper wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:31 What is sick about it?
🤦‍♂️
I imagine you're not a fan of miniskirt party either, eh? Bunch of sickos dressing in drag, right? Maybe file Halloween under the sicko banner, too, since people (often kids!) dress up as opposite genders or even as monsters or objects?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 09:50
throbster wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 07:59 It's Breitbart, stooge. Do you think they are making the story up? These f*** are mentally ill and so are the idiot parents that bring their children to this sick sh*t.
I didn't say they were making anything up. I am saying you are making things up. You said they were pedophiles and that they were democrats but neither of those things are mentioned in the article you cited. I believe you are making assumptions based on your obvious and open bigotry.

But since we are on the topic of Breitbart, they have a very open far-right-wing bias, so I usually review them with skepticism.
throbster wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:51
daytripper wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 08:31 What is sick about it?
🤦‍♂️
I imagine you're not a fan of miniskirt party either, eh? Bunch of sickos dressing in drag, right? Maybe file Halloween under the sicko banner, too, since people (often kids!) dress up as opposite genders or even as monsters or objects?
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Here's something stupid democrats did in Illinois:
...families will receive direct checks from the state pending approval of the budget. Each individual will be eligible for a check of up to $50, with households also receiving $100 per child.

Income limits of $200,000 per individual taxpayer, or $400,000 for joint followers, will be attached to the checks, according to officials.
Putting aside that those income limits are asinine, we have record inflation. The last thing we need to be doing is more stimulus-type payments. That's one of the things that got us here. FFS these politicians need to stop pumping cash into the economy!! It's frustrating that the people in charge don't seem to understand basic macroeconomics. It would be much better if these democrats acted like actual democrats and raised taxes on higher-income households and businesses. That would actually take money out of the economy and help ease inflation. But no, we're just going to keep the printing press going instead. Yikes.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/c ... l/2801907/
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I say this as a democratic voter. It's a lose-lose scenario. Back in 2009/2010, we didn't do enough stimulus, and ended up with a stagnant economy, high unemployment, but low inflation. Right now, we have the best job numbers we've had in decades, but people are still unhappy because of high inflation and gas prices. To some extent, I think the voters as a whole would be happier with 7-10% unemployment, but low inflation and low gas prices. Maybe we overcorrected from 2009 and did too much stimulus. I'm not sure exactly where the sweet spot would've been. I also don't think that a smaller stimulus would've avoided the supply chain disruptions that have occurred, or the large spike in oil prices caused by the Russian War in Ukraine.