Stupid Things Democrats Did Today

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Stupid Things Democrats Did Today

Post by easyrider16 »

I don't think it's a lose-lose scenario. I think direct stimulus payments are a terrible way to stimulate the economy. They are not well-targeted, often end up in the hands of people who need it least, and yield very little in terms of productive return. In essence, all you end up doing is buying inflation. Instead, if Congress wants to stimulate the economy, they should do something like spend on infrastructure development. That way at least you get a return into the economy for the spending you're doing.

I also think we have to accept that there will be business cycles. You can't eliminate them, and if you did, it wouldn't be healthy. There needs to be periodic periods of economic difficulty to weed out unproductive companies. To the extent we can minimize the damage to individuals just trying to make a living, I think we should. We should have a social safety net. But direct stimulus payments aren't that. They're just a way for politicians to buy votes, and to make it look like they're helping.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

From the NY Post article cited above:
The obvious solution to $5-a-gallon gas, surging prices at the grocery store and higher drug and hospital costs is to stop the multitrillions of dollars of debt-spending in Washington that is dumping cheap money into the economy.
This supposes that debt-spending in Washington rather than supply chain disruptions are the primary cause of the inflation we are seeing. I don't think that's correct. I do think reducing government spending would help curb some inflationary effects, but it would do little to affect the price of oil or food in particular. I think it's pretty clear that the driving factors for that are supply chain issues and war in Ukraine. The fact is there is really not much Washington can do about these problems.

That said, I agree, price controls are a bad idea. From an economic perspective, it will only make things worse, because suppliers will be less willing to supply things if they aren't making money. Then supply will get more scarce, and price controls would be harder to maintain. In the extreme case it would probably give rise to a black market.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 15th, '22, 06:10 From the NY Post article cited above:
The obvious solution to $5-a-gallon gas, surging prices at the grocery store and higher drug and hospital costs is to stop the multitrillions of dollars of debt-spending in Washington that is dumping cheap money into the economy.
This supposes that debt-spending in Washington rather than supply chain disruptions are the primary cause of the inflation we are seeing. I don't think that's correct. I do think reducing government spending would help curb some inflationary effects, but it would do little to affect the price of oil or food in particular. I think it's pretty clear that the driving factors for that are supply chain issues and war in Ukraine. The fact is there is really not much Washington can do about these problems.
Gas is global, but GOP is smart attacking it as a national problem. The average voter probably doesn't understand commodity markets.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Did you see the video of Sleepy trying to shake the hand of the Invisible Man? 🤦‍♂️🤣

- Simon and Garfunkel
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 15:38 NJ liberals are sick.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nj-sam ... th-graders
minus information about the (temporary and reversible) hormone blockers to delay puberty and the existence of LGBTQ people, when i was a 5th grader in 1999 i too learned that masturbation was normal and that boys and girls both do it to relieve their hormonal urges as part of the birds and bees event, where parents were invited to attend - awkward! 1999. public school. i still turned out gay and was gender non conforming since i could remember, despite complete lack of awareness that other people like myself existed. guess what the teen pregnancy rates were where i grew up, compared to where the regressives run the show?

this is just repackaged homophobia to rile up the base pre mid terms to save the children! only this time around theres a bunch of Q nutjobs running around. and now with this groomer sh*t, just waiting for some stochastic terrorism against LGBTQ people to happen. its only a matter of time with this extreme and psychotic rhetoric about LGBTQ people and our allies being pedophiles.

GASLIGHT.
OBSTRUCT.
PROJECT.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 07:32 I don't think it's a lose-lose scenario. I think direct stimulus payments are a terrible way to stimulate the economy. They are not well-targeted, often end up in the hands of people who need it least, and yield very little in terms of productive return. In essence, all you end up doing is buying inflation. Instead, if Congress wants to stimulate the economy, they should do something like spend on infrastructure development. That way at least you get a return into the economy for the spending you're doing.

I also think we have to accept that there will be business cycles. You can't eliminate them, and if you did, it wouldn't be healthy. There needs to be periodic periods of economic difficulty to weed out unproductive companies. To the extent we can minimize the damage to individuals just trying to make a living, I think we should. We should have a social safety net. But direct stimulus payments aren't that. They're just a way for politicians to buy votes, and to make it look like they're helping.
i dont know why people are f*** harping on the grand total of $3,200 over a year being sent to people who make less than $75,000 is somehow responsible for inflation. oh right i forgot the working classes are always at fault. maybe the whip should be cracked harder... get back to work slave! covid is over!

man people are f*** stupid. how about the 100 billion in fraudulent PPP loans that were mostly forgiven with barely any evidence that the funds went where they are supposed to (keeping workers employed instead of buying lamborghinis)?

i love the brainwashing over this, to get people to be against their own self interests.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Apr 15th, '22, 08:11
easyrider16 wrote: Apr 15th, '22, 06:10 From the NY Post article cited above:
Gas is global, but GOP is smart attacking it as a national problem. The average voter probably doesn't understand commodity markets.
the GOP is going to sweep the midterms, because voters are complete idiots and probably among the most propagandized people in the world. and the democrats as usual do themselves no favors, its almost like that center-right wing party colludes with the fascist party! the GOP propaganda machine is rivaling goebbels. and then some of the base of (mostly) the democrats have completely lost their minds and are advocating what would lead to nuclear war over ukraine, not comprehending that they will be incinerated in the process.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

There's another video of Biden getting whisked away by the Easter Bunny 🤦‍♂️🤣🐰
Attachments
FB_IMG_1650366991839.jpg
FB_IMG_1650366991839.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 799 times

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

asher2789 wrote: Apr 18th, '22, 21:55 i dont know why people are f*** harping on the grand total of $3,200 over a year being sent to people who make less than $75,000 is somehow responsible for inflation. oh right i forgot the working classes are always at fault. maybe the whip should be cracked harder... get back to work slave! covid is over!
The total number for three rounds of these stimulus payments was nearly $1 trillion. Add PPP into the mix and you have well over a trillion. Suddenly adding that kind of money into circulation in the span of a year is going to cause inflationary pressure. Doing more of it will add further inflationary pressure. It's basic macroeconomics, not politics or brainwashing.

As I've said before, I think we need a safety net - unemployment, food stamps, subsidized housing, etc. But I think we need to carefully tailor our safety net with basic macroeconomic principles in mind. Creating inflation through excessive "stimulus" payments will hurt more than help in the long run.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Woke fools...
Attachments
Screenshot_20220419-085441-270.png
Screenshot_20220419-085441-270.png (208.25 KiB) Viewed 778 times

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

These emoji changes by a private company are almost the same as a Republican Governor pushing to change the laws to punish a private company because it doesn't agree with him. Republican/conservative principles are dead.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 19th, '22, 07:07
asher2789 wrote: Apr 18th, '22, 21:55 i dont know why people are f*** harping on the grand total of $3,200 over a year being sent to people who make less than $75,000 is somehow responsible for inflation. oh right i forgot the working classes are always at fault. maybe the whip should be cracked harder... get back to work slave! covid is over!
The total number for three rounds of these stimulus payments was nearly $1 trillion. Add PPP into the mix and you have well over a trillion. Suddenly adding that kind of money into circulation in the span of a year is going to cause inflationary pressure. Doing more of it will add further inflationary pressure. It's basic macroeconomics, not politics or brainwashing.

As I've said before, I think we need a safety net - unemployment, food stamps, subsidized housing, etc. But I think we need to carefully tailor our safety net with basic macroeconomic principles in mind. Creating inflation through excessive "stimulus" payments will hurt more than help in the long run.
the brainwashing is taking issue with the $3200 sent to people who make less than $75k a year instead of the $100 billion in PPP FRAUD alone. its also insane brainwashing when you consider that average workers lost 3.7 trillion from COVID while billionaires gained 3.9 trillion.

its literally wealth redistribution from the have nots to the haves, and the brainwashing is believing the opposite is true. i feel like i live in an insane asylum when it comes to peoples views over this....
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Apr 19th, '22, 07:55 Woke fools...
trans men can give birth because they literally have female reproductive systems (assuming cross gender hormones dont render them infertile).

:roll:

this anti-LGBTQ HATE is going to get someone f*** killed. not that youd have a problem with that!