$6.00 gas?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: $6.00 gas?

Post by Bubba »

Fancypants wrote: Aug 9th, '22, 21:07
easyrider16 wrote: Aug 9th, '22, 20:48 Paid under $4 a gallon for gas today. If Biden was responsible for rising prices, is he responsible for falling prices?
Certainly not by the constant release of fuel from the strategic reserves. How much do we have left?
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... SSTUS1&f=M
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Filled up at $3.26 / gallon yesterday.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

As prices are starting to creep back up.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Yeah I was going to say that from what I've read, it's not likely to stay that way. There is still a structural supply problem and both government and industry seem unmotivated to do anything about it. Our only hope is that electric cars decrease demand for oil, but I'm not sure that can happen fast enough to help much in the short term.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

...and our Strategic Petroleum Reserve is now at a 40 low.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Oil production has yet to reach the pre pandemic peak rate, however, natural gas production now exceeds prior highs.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

$3.17 today. You had to have Irving Debit Pay to get that price, otherwise it was $3.27.
Don't Killington Pico
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Ah, prices rising again. And now OPEC is cutting production.

Sleepy's response? Release more oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to bolster his party's chances in November.

I remember not so long ago when we were net exporters of oil and didn't have to depend on our enemies for energy.

What a dumb mother f***.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Oct 5th, '22, 14:22 I remember not so long ago when we were net exporters of oil and didn't have to depend on our enemies for energy.
You are pretty ignorant if you believe this, and at this point you are being willfully ignorant because people on this forum have tried to explain it to you several times. Being a net exporter did not mean we were not dependent on OPEC when it came to oil pricing, and it certainly did not mean we didn't import oil from foreign countries.

This is probably above your head, but even now we are very close to being a net exporter, as the difference between imports and exports is a pretty small percentage. From 2019-2021 we were a net exporter, but again, only by a small percentage. So the difference between where we are in 2022 and where we were in 2020 in terms of net exports is pretty small. It's also quite possible that we will be a net exporter again in 2023.

Here's some data you probably won't look at:
https://www.bts.gov/content/overview-us ... arrels-day
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

What's above your pinhead is that the price at the pump is about 1.50 higher than when Trump was in office. The voters are taking notice.

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

If a voter thinks a President is responsible for gas prices, they really have God awful comprehension about the facts surrounding the situation. Do you care to learn or just stay stupid and whine?

Were you freaking out like this when prices hit record highs under Bush? Of course not. You probably blamed Clinton.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

deadheadskier wrote: Oct 5th, '22, 15:34 If a voter thinks a President is responsible for gas prices, they really have God awful comprehension about the facts surrounding the situation. Do you care to learn or just stay stupid and whine?

Were you freaking out like this when prices hit record highs under Bush? Of course not. You probably blamed Clinton.
People don't think the president is directly responsible for gas prices but when things are going bad people want change. When a losing team fires their coach or managers was it their fault that the team was losing? Most likely not but the coach is the one to go. On top of that, Biden just isn't a good president.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

He just said he wants Trump because gas was $1.50 a gallon cheaper.

So yes indeed some Trumpers do think the president is responsible for prices at the pump.

I never have claimed Biden is a good President. I'd rather see someone else and if the Republicans put someone on the ballot that isn't a childish idiot like Donny or Ronny, I'd vote for them.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I've watch interviews with oil execs and they absolutely say the Biden admin have made expansion and exploration too difficult and expensive to pursue. You can show me all the charts and graphs from a ".gov" web page you want, but it's BS.

Sleepy is a member of the Green Shitty Deal cult. Of course he is limiting our potential.

Oh, and the majority of voters are uninformed dolts. Of course they are going to punish Dems for the pain at the pump ( and the grocery store, hardware store, liquor store, ). Let's not forget the October electricity bill and oil bill.

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Saw $3.13 today.
Don't Killington Pico