$6.00 gas?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
random1
Blue Chatterbox

Re: $6.00 gas?

Post by random1 »

easyrider16 wrote:What's even the point of having a discussion if you don't even bother to listen to what the other person is saying? I posted a link to an article that establishes that Biden has allowed more drilling than Trump. How is it that Biden caused high gas prices? Where do you people get this information? Give me a source or something, because those claims conflict with everything I've read on the subject.
Good luck getting facts from this crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

President Joe Biden, made a campaign pledge to end federal oil and gas drilling to fight climate change, and he quickly announced a suspension of all new lease sales pending a broad review of drilling's impact on global warming after taking office. He also closed pipelines and we buy more oil than we produce even though we could be oil independent .
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

The United States imported more than 20.4 million barrels of crude and refined products a MONTH on average in 2021 from Russia,
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Atomic1 wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 06:06 The United States imported more than 20.4 million barrels of crude and refined products a MONTH on average in 2021 from Russia,
So about 5-7% of total oil imports?
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Spyderman wrote: Mar 7th, '22, 19:27 Are you kidding. We had gasoline independence . Binden purposely stopped the pipeline and drilling w his Executive order. We all knew it would be a huge mistake. Hence we need to import . We are buying I believe 40% from Russia. Yesterday premium grade gas went up $0.65 from lastSunday at BJs so $4.26/gallon. Tonight local stations charging $5.79/ gallon.

Regarding EVs They don’t have the range to get most weekend warriors to Killington from Philly, NJ, NY and CT
We were never gasoline independent:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-myth ... p_catchall
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Atomic1 wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 05:59 President Joe Biden, made a campaign pledge to end federal oil and gas drilling to fight climate change, and he quickly announced a suspension of all new lease sales pending a broad review of drilling's impact on global warming after taking office. He also closed pipelines and we buy more oil than we produce even though we could be oil independent .
So here's the thing. Biden did say that stuff. But if you actually read the article I posted, he did not follow through on those things he promised. He ended up allowing more drilling than his predecessor, and the greenies are mad about it.

As for the statement, we could be oil independent, that is simply not true. We could export more than we import, but it only works when oil prices are high enough to justify the expensive shale, fracking, etc. operations in the USA. During Covid, that didn't happen, which is why our output fell. Right now, as prices rise, you're already seeing US output increase. None of this has anything to do with Biden or politics. It's market-driven. At least, that's my take from what I've read.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Y'all still Ridin' with Biden?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Never was. I just believe in truth and being fair-minded.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 07:38 Never was. I just believe in truth and being fair-minded.
:bull

- Simon and Garfunkel
random1
Blue Chatterbox

Post by random1 »

easyrider16 wrote:
Atomic1 wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 05:59 President Joe Biden, made a campaign pledge to end federal oil and gas drilling to fight climate change, and he quickly announced a suspension of all new lease sales pending a broad review of drilling's impact on global warming after taking office. He also closed pipelines and we buy more oil than we produce even though we could be oil independent .
So here's the thing. Biden did say that stuff. But if you actually read the article I posted, he did not follow through on those things he promised. He ended up allowing more drilling than his predecessor, and the greenies are mad about it.

As for the statement, we could be oil independent, that is simply not true. We could export more than we import, but it only works when oil prices are high enough to justify the expensive shale, fracking, etc. operations in the USA. During Covid, that didn't happen, which is why our output fell. Right now, as prices rise, you're already seeing US output increase. None of this has anything to do with Biden or politics. It's market-driven. At least, that's my take from what I've read.
It’s classic democratic campaigning and policy. The left is mad because he’s allowed a massive increase in oil production, the right is mad because he says he won’t/hasn’t. Lose-lose.

As to the original question - back when I was driving 15mpg SUVs, $6 gas would make me reconsider if I was going up solo. The weekend is something like 500mi for me, so increasing my cost by $100, plus other incidental costs could keep me home if conditions weren’t special. But for the family of 5, I wouldn’t alter my plans for the $100.

So at the margin, I’m sure there’s some drop in attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

So then what happened? In the trump years the US was producing more energy than we used. Now we are not. These facts are not being argued by anyone. People want to argue that that has nothing to do with energy prices and Biden is allowing more drilling etc etc. If that is true then why are we now consuming more than we produce? Has consumption increased by a lot or are we producing less? When it boils down to it those are really the only two possibilities. Which one is it?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 08:17 So then what happened? In the trump years the US was producing more energy than we used. Now we are not. These facts are not being argued by anyone. People want to argue that that has nothing to do with energy prices and Biden is allowing more drilling etc etc. If that is true then why are we now consuming more than we produce? Has consumption increased by a lot or are we producing less? When it boils down to it those are really the only two possibilities. Which one is it?
Demand has changed drastically over the last two years or so due to COVID. Supply and demand.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Production fluctuated as well. Production increases when prices rise and decreases when they fall because a fair portion of US oil production is only economically viable at a certain price level.

Now Putin has jeopardized supply further, and demand hasn't dropped, so prices are skyrocketing. Banning Russian oil will cause prices to go even higher. US production is ramping up, but it takes a while to hit the market.

Bubba correct me if I'm wrong.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Democrats want 7.00 per gallon gas. That will force people to use less and buy EV vehicles. But, here we are building 9000 lb Hummers that go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. SMDH. Who thinks cars like that will reduce green house gases?

- Simon and Garfunkel
ifixu
Green Skidder

Post by ifixu »

throbster wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 08:01
easyrider16 wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 07:38 Never was. I just believe in truth and being fair-minded.
:bull
Right on Throb, deadbeat seems to get off on pissing people off , it makes sense that POS is a Biden cry baby type, he doesn’t have Jim K backing him up around here