Should Clarence Thomas resign?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Should Clarence Thomas resign?

Post by deadheadskier »

People in Congress have their own corruption to address, namely insider trading and campaign finance issues.

Roberts needs to take the lead here and clean up his own circus.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

deadheadskier wrote: May 5th, '23, 05:31 How is he not being investigated for tax fraud?

Weisselberg just got out of prison for tax fraud and part of the fraud was he accepted tuition gifts for family members and a rent free apartment that was unreported.

How is that any different than Crow paying the private school tuition of Thomas's adopted child or allowing Thomas's mother to live in a home Crow owned rent free?
He may not have reported them on disclosure forms but very well may have done so on his taxes; apples and oranges.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Then I'd like to see proof that those gifts were claimed on his taxes
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

deadheadskier wrote: May 5th, '23, 07:48 Roberts needs to take the lead here and clean up his own circus.
Unfortunately I don't think there is much Roberts can do. If he wants to impose some new rules and restrictions on the Supreme Court, I believe he needs support from a majority of the justices. I highly doubt he'll get that.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Being vocal about it and calling out the special treatment and corruption is enough and perhaps will lead to more scrutinized selections in the future.