asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Enough

Post by asher2789 »

deadheadskier wrote: May 25th, '22, 19:28
asher2789 wrote: May 25th, '22, 15:59
deadheadskier wrote: May 25th, '22, 05:45
throbster wrote: May 24th, '22, 19:51
boston_e wrote: May 24th, '22, 19:13 When one party resists any sort of gun reform and doesn’t want to spend on mental health services this is what we end up with. It’s essentially part of our culture at this point.
There is no gun control law that would do any good in these situations and it is a waste of time considering it. Also, that's BS about mental health services. We need to do better with red flags and intervene sooner.
Gun control laws don't work? Then why are these mass shooting events almost exclusively happening in only one first world country - the USA? They are very rare almost anywhere else in the developed world.

Even without doing a thing about guns, let's start by banning civilian ownership of tactical gear. Both the Buffalo and Texas shooters were wearing such. Maybe the armed guard in Buffalo could have taken out the shooter had he not been wearing that armor.

There are some Republicans interested in improving access to healthcare including mental health services, but they are a quiet minority to be certain. Almost every Democrat loudly campaigns on Universal Healthcare. Almost every Republican campaigns on the second amendment. There is a major difference between the two parties on both these topics.
gun control laws dont work in a country that already has more guns than people. your comparison is apples to oranges. the genie left the lamp decades+ ago on that.

as for body armor, why should we ban that? so that marginalized people who are attacked by fascists dont have access to methods of self defense? were on the cusp of a civil war and liberals want to ban the only things that will save them. its incredible how stupid this is. youll want body armor and guns when these nutjobs who make guns their whole personality come after you when dear leader tells them its righteous to murder liberals as theyre subhuman anyways. if you think it cant happen here youre incredibly naive and not paying attention to growing extremism exclusively from the fascist far right.

also, texas shooter wasnt wearing armor, there were PUSSY ASS COPS already there armed to the teeth who did nothing but watch a bunch of children get murdered instead of being the so called "good guys with guns".

as a marginalized person - far leftist, lesbian, gender nonconforming and jewish - i am 110% pro 2A with reasonable regulations. reasonable to me is mandatory waiting periods (with an exception for victims of domestic violence/filing an order of protection), background checks with no loopholes, mandatory gun safety classes, mandatory gun safes, storing ammo and guns separately. most gun violence is crimes of passion, suicides and accidents. you cant stop these psycho mass shooters with gun legislation. what sensible gun legislation will do is prevent most of the impulsive violence and accidents, which is what the majority of deaths attributed to guns stem from despite mass shooters getting tons of media attention that makes the public think otherwise. waiting periods alone would be a huge help for crimes of passion/suicides as those are products of impulsiveness, and being forced to wait and think it out might change the gun purchaser's plans. of course if theres a will, theres a way, regardless of guns.

these psychos are a symptom of CAPITALISM making people f*** insane as they struggle to survive, not because we have too many guns. we have a mental health crisis, but putting these psychos in insane asylums is merely a bandaid solution. the US leads the world in violent nutjobs, and that is because we are the ONLY country to not have universal healthcare and a social safety net that actually catches people instead of making them jump through firey hoops while throwing cork 7s to get benefits.
We are in agreement on the gun law suggestions.

On the tactical armor thing? You try very hard in almost every single post you make to show yourself as some sorta badass who has overcome great struggle. It's somewhat embarrassing to watch and often annoying to read and honestly childish for a woman of your age. The vast majority of people have had to go through hardship and often continue to do so to survive. You're unexceptionable just like everyone else. As badass as you think you are, settle the F Down GI Jane. I'm not naive and do realize like you say, that a government can turn on it's people. If that happens, the lucky survive, not the Gravy Seals.

But if you insist on that? Then I insist on private tactical nuke ownership. Same logic
whats juvenile is thinking that banning body armor is equivalent to banning nukes! even more juvenile (and oh so liberal!) is thinking you can just ban guns to make the problem go away, as if thats even a realistic option in terms of the amount of guns already in circulation. its not so much the government im afraid of (what am i going to do, shoot a drone out of the sky?), its the right wing psychos who want a fourth reich and appear to be willing to take matters into their own hands after the republicans they elect dont do the job effectively enough. while i think things are going in the direction of ireland/UK troubles period in terms of style, i wouldnt put it past this country to devolve into full blown guerrilla style civil war.

you seem to miss the concept of marginalization. i meet all of the criteria for the next holocaust's gas chambers and in honor of my ancestors who fled that sh*t i wont be going down without a fight. again, you stupidly seem to think it cant happen here, and that me pointing out that it looks like it will happen here and that i want arms for self defense against that threat means im some sort of "badass". or is it that i sh*t talked the cops who sat there and watched kids get murdered instead of doing their jobs? they should be in prison for negligence... just goes to show that cops only exist to protect and serve PROPERTY, not people.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Sweet diatribe on gun confiscation. I never once made that statement in regards to gun control.

Thanks again for the lecture on how you are more marginalized than others and would be a top target in your hypothetical civil war. What do you want? People to feel bad or worry more for you? There are straight, white children of billionaires suffering as much fear and mental turmoil as you. The scoreboard you so desperately point out in all your posts? Guess what, you're the only one keeping that score. Same as me or anyone else. Again, you are nothing exceptional.

There's 18 families of elementary school aged children tonight who would tell you to go f*** yourself with your constant woah is me I'm marginalized and have lived such a hard life cries.

Maybe head down there and offer how to put some kevlar on their surviving kids if you feel so strongly about it.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: May 25th, '22, 15:32
"Nearly ten years after Sandy Hook — and ten days after Buffalo — our country is paralyzed, not by fear, but by a gun lobby and a political party that have shown no willingness to act in any way that might help prevent these tragedies," Obama said in a late-night Twitter thread on Monday.

"It's long past time for action, any kind of action," Obama added. "And it's another tragedy — a quieter but no less tragic one — for families to wait another day."
Finding it hard to disagree.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 3c6019e5f6
Here's another tweet from Obummer which is not being well received for obvious reasons:

"As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer," Obama wrote Wednesday. "His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him."

Sleepy is blaming the gun lobby which only made 2.5 million in political contributions in 2021. Hardly a lobbying force. Same old playbook for Sleepy.

Beto also couldn't resist making hay on this tragedy... Disgusting puke.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 06:56

Not as disgusting as the Republicans who continually refuse to do anything to try to address the pandemic of gun violence in this country.
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

boston_e wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:12
Not as disgusting as the Republicans who continually refuse to do anything to try to address the pandemic of gun violence in this country.
This. Hardening schools is the most laughable solution ever.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:17
Somehow teachers who can't be trusted to pick which books to read are all of a sudden trusted to prevent a shooting that 3 trained officers couldn't stop.

So hypocritical how Republicans will go to great lengths to protect a 9 week old embryo but will do nothing to protect actual 9 year old children.

Republicans have blood on their hands with every school shooting.
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: May 25th, '22, 17:10We also need to look at returning religion, the nuclear family and basic morals into our nation's fabric.
Returning to religion requires Christians to become more Christ like, something we're failing at as a relgion in spectacular fashion.

Now, seeing you advocate for religion while simultaneously tearing other people down with your words in other threads comes across as hypocritical.
It's most cartainly not aligned with the 'basic morals' you advocate above.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on May 26th, '22, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

boston_e wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:20
Somehow teachers who can't be trusted to pick which books to read are all of a sudden trusted to prevent a shooting that 3 trained officers couldn't stop.

So hypocritical how Republicans will go to great lengths to protect a 9 week old embryo but will do nothing to protect actual 9 year old children.

Screw you pal. What is your solution? Banning guns? At least my suggestion is plausible. And stop with the false equivalencies. You are a talking point parrot for the party with no answers but tired old slogans. Again, screw you.

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:25
throbster wrote: May 25th, '22, 17:10We also need to look at returning religion, the nuclear family and basic morals into our nation's fabric.
Returning to religion requires Christians to become more Christ like, something we're failing at as a relgion in spectacular fashion.

Now, seeing you advocate for religion while simultaneously tearing other people down with your words in other threads comes across as hypocritical.
It's most certailny not aligned with the 'basic morals' you advocate above.
Great response. I haven't heard this before🤦‍♂️. Stop being a 🤡

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:34

Screw you pal. What is your solution? Banning guns? At least my suggestion is plausible. And stop with the false equivalencies. You are a talking point parrot for the party with no answers but tired old slogans. Again, screw you.
Screw you too - you do nothing but regurgitate tired Fox News talking points and offer nothing in the way of value or suggestions that will accomplish anything. Again, screw you.
Don't Killington Pico
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

boston_e wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:37
throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:34

Screw you too - you do nothing but regurgitate tired Fox News talking points and offer nothing in the way of value or suggestions that will accomplish anything. Again, screw you.
Wish I had some popcorn!
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:36

CINO

Christian In Name Only

Laughable for people like you and other Trumplicans to claim to be people of faith.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

deadheadskier wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:51
throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:36

CINO

Christian In Name Only

Laughable for people like you and other Trumplicans to claim to be people of faith.
We are all sinners oh clownish and judgemental one. I guess by your standards, I should ignore people spouting falsehoods and standby as our country goes down the shitter. Got it.

- Simon and Garfunkel
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

deadheadskier wrote: May 25th, '22, 23:01 Sweet diatribe on gun confiscation. I never once made that statement in regards to gun control.

Thanks again for the lecture on how you are more marginalized than others and would be a top target in your hypothetical civil war. What do you want? People to feel bad or worry more for you? There are straight, white children of billionaires suffering as much fear and mental turmoil as you. The scoreboard you so desperately point out in all your posts? Guess what, you're the only one keeping that score. Same as me or anyone else. Again, you are nothing exceptional.

There's 18 families of elementary school aged children tonight who would tell you to go f*** yourself with your constant woah is me I'm marginalized and have lived such a hard life cries.

Maybe head down there and offer how to put some kevlar on their surviving kids if you feel so strongly about it.

THEY LITERALLY WANT TO KILL US
but sure lets talk about the poor white children of billionaires. let me shed some crocodile tears for those poor trust fund babies with their billion dollar inheritances. those billion dollar babies who can just leave the country if theyre so persecuted... or buy politicians to change it.

what a f*** joke. yes, i am marginalized, and im sorry that you feel so persecuted being a straight white male with nothing to lose and a constitution and society that goes out of its way to protect you. i was repeatedly violently assaulted from k-12 for being gay and gender nonconforming, and i know damn well what these f*** monsters are capable of. and you want to take my right to self defense away, so you feel better but change absolutely nothing in a country with 300 million + guns?!?!

as for those 18 kids and one adult? the bullets and gun they were shot with were purchased legally. go ahead and try to change that.

again, banning guns isnt going to change a single f*** thing, if anything, any serious attempts to control guns will be met with civil war, and rightfully so.

you want to stop gun violence? stop supporting capitalism. demand universal healthcare. demand mental health coverage. demand housing. demand food. demand a social safety net. demand people have something to live for instead of a hopeless future.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Got my popcorn, this is getting good, keep it going! Better than anything on TV right now!