XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Enough

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 09:01
deadheadskier wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:51
throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:36
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:25
throbster wrote: May 25th, '22, 17:10We also need to look at returning religion, the nuclear family and basic morals into our nation's fabric.
Returning to religion requires Christians to become more Christ like, something we're failing at as a relgion in spectacular fashion.

Now, seeing you advocate for religion while simultaneously tearing other people down with your words in other threads comes across as hypocritical.
It's most certailny not aligned with the 'basic morals' you advocate above.
Great response. I haven't heard this before🤦‍♂️. Stop being a 🤡
CINO

Christian In Name Only

Laughable for people like you and other Trumplicans to claim to be people of faith.
We are all sinners oh clownish and judgemental one. I guess by your standards, I should ignore people spouting falsehoods and standby as our country goes down the shitter. Got it.
We are all sinners, but your irrevance towards God as a Christian is striking. Like so many other Christians today, you're religious, but you won't let it stand in your way. No one is asking you to 'ignore people spouting falsehoods' or 'standby as our country goes down the shitter', just that you practice the basic morals you advocate for and that your savior commands.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 09:01
deadheadskier wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:51
throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:36
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:25
throbster wrote: May 25th, '22, 17:10We also need to look at returning religion, the nuclear family and basic morals into our nation's fabric.
Returning to religion requires Christians to become more Christ like, something we're failing at as a relgion in spectacular fashion.

Now, seeing you advocate for religion while simultaneously tearing other people down with your words in other threads comes across as hypocritical.
It's most certailny not aligned with the 'basic morals' you advocate above.
Great response. I haven't heard this before🤦‍♂️. Stop being a 🤡
CINO

Christian In Name Only

Laughable for people like you and other Trumplicans to claim to be people of faith.
We are all sinners oh clownish and judgemental one. I guess by your standards, I should ignore people spouting falsehoods and standby as our country goes down the shitter. Got it.
Put a mirror in front of your toilet and take a good look.......
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

boston_e wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:37
throbster wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:34
boston_e wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:20
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:17
boston_e wrote: May 26th, '22, 07:12

Not as disgusting as the Republicans who continually refuse to do anything to try to address the pandemic of gun violence in this country.
This. Hardening schools is the most laughable solution ever.
Somehow teachers who can't be trusted to pick which books to read are all of a sudden trusted to prevent a shooting that 3 trained officers couldn't stop.

So hypocritical how Republicans will go to great lengths to protect a 9 week old embryo but will do nothing to protect actual 9 year old children.

Republicans have blood on their hands with every school shooting.
Screw you pal. What is your solution? Banning guns? At least my suggestion is plausible. And stop with the false equivalencies. You are a talking point parrot for the party with no answers but tired old slogans. Again, screw you.
Screw you too - you do nothing but regurgitate tired Fox News talking points and offer nothing in the way of value or suggestions that will accomplish anything. Again, screw you.
Here is Chucky Schumer blocking a bill on school safety.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schume ... epublicans

"Not surprising that the Democrat leader would lie about the bill he blocked that parents of Parkland victims have been trying to pass for years.

Dems aren’t looking for solutions, they want wedge issues that they hope will keep them in power. Sick." - Senator Ron Johnson
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

The facts coming out of uvalde are pretty unbelievable that cops just stood around for an hour while this lunatic was killing kids. Even with calls to 911 coming from the classroom. And the shooter gained access because a teacher had propped a door open that was supposed to be locked. And the officer that was on duty at the school that day wasn't even at the school!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

daytripper wrote: May 27th, '22, 11:59 The facts coming out of uvalde are pretty unbelievable that cops just stood around for an hour while this lunatic was killing kids. Even with calls to 911 coming from the classroom. And the shooter gained access because a teacher had propped a door open that was supposed to be locked. And the officer that was on duty at the school that day wasn't even at the school!
Dude ...
CBS News wrote:The school district has six police officers. None were posted at the school at time of shooting. Texas DPS declines to answer why not.
CBS News wrote:Police say Uvalde school resource officer was NOT on campus when shooter arrived.. and sped back after 911 call, but drove past Ramos hunkered behind vehicle outside
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I think people are misconstruing the situation these cops were put into. You had a crazed killer with ballistics armor and an assault rifle in an enclosed space with very limited means of entry. The shooter was apparently covering that means of entry with his rifle. I'm not sure many people appreciate what that kind of a breach entails. The officers were likely not trained for a situation like this and lacked the equipment for a breach. If they tried to breach, it probably would have gone very badly for them. Most police officers prefer to come home to their kids at night rather than be celebrated as heroes while their family drapes a flag over their coffin. So they waited for a tactical team that was equipped and trained for this contingency.

I think we should focus on the real culprit, here. Why was this lunatic so easily able to obtain an assault rifle? There should be an assault weapons ban. There is no reason a regular civilian should be able to purchase an AR-15. If this kid had a couple of pistols instead of an assault rifle it would have been an entirely different situation. Police also need better equipment and training. Typical ballistics armor that police normally wear when on duty is almost entirely ineffective against an assault rifle like the AR15, and some officers don't even wear ballistics armor at all. Most police get almost no tactical training, let alone the kind of regular drills that tactical teams engage in to prepare for these scenarios. Don't blame the under-equipped, under-trained officers. Blame the ridiculous gun lobby in the U.S. that has made this situation possible.
Last edited by easyrider16 on Jun 1st, '22, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Police are not volunteers. There job was to go right after the shooter which they did not. That is not acceptable. They knew this job had risks when they took it. Yes, it was an extremely intense and dangerous situation. If you can't handle that than you should not be a cop.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

To a degree, you are right. But I still think this is a pretty difficult situation for officers who were likely under-trained and under-equipped for this contingency. I think you also have to appreciate the timeline and course of events:

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/27 ... -timeline/

The first police officers get to the school at 11:35. They get shot at. Some of them get hit with grazing wounds. They take cover and call for back up. They also start evacuating kids from the building. The tactical team arrived at 12:15. At that point, it likely became their show. They didn't breach until 12:50, presumably because this was a complex situation that required some planning and organization. Or maybe for some reasons we don't know yet.

Could police have acted faster? Maybe. Would it have been effective? I don't know, I wasn't there. But it's very possible the result would have been a bunch of dead cops in addition to a bunch of dead kids. But again, the real question for me is, why are we allowing regular civilians to purchase these assault rifles?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Oh, so now sleazy is defending police actions under stressful situations. Got it.

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 1st, '22, 06:48
But again, the real question for me is, why are we allowing regular civilians to purchase these assault rifles?
Because the "pro-life" party is owned by the gun lobby.
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Uvalde police, school district no longer cooperating with Texas probe of shooting
https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-police ... d=85093405
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

boston_e wrote: Jun 1st, '22, 06:57
easyrider16 wrote: Jun 1st, '22, 06:48
But again, the real question for me is, why are we allowing regular civilians to purchase these assault rifles?
Because the "pro-life" party is owned by the gun lobby.
I heard that the NRA made 2.5 million in political contributions in 2021. Big pharma made 90 million in one quarter. I think you give the gun lobby too much credit.

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Latest mass shooting in Tulsa, the AR was purchased 3 hours before the massacre.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/us/tulsa ... index.html

What is the Republican solution? Arm all doctors and nurses?
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

easy peasy
Attachments
womanwithrubber.jpg
womanwithrubber.jpg (16.18 KiB) Viewed 9651 times
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Lindsey Graham - 12:06 PM · Jun 3, 2022 wrote:It is time to mobilize our retired and former service members who are willing to help secure our schools.

Our schools are soft targets.

They contain our most valuable possession – our children, the future of our country – and must be protected.
Yes. Make our schools like forward operating bases. Idiotic.

Everyone knows it's the guns.