Drag Queen Story Hour. WTF?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
throbster
Postaholic

Re: Drag Queen Story Hour. WTF?

Post by throbster »

asher2789 wrote: Aug 13th, '22, 10:12
throbster wrote: Aug 11th, '22, 09:09 Like I said before, the LGBTXYZ movement has gone too far. Just get out of our face with the constant reminders and we all will get along. As for Drag Queens performing for kids; it is just plain wrong and way over the top.

My kids know I detest liberals and they are cool with it. I don't tell them how to think and vice versa.
what you are advocating for is for queer people to go back in the closet. i am a VISIBLY queer person. i cant hide the fact that i am not straight nor do i conform to gender standards. ive been this way since i was a young child. and since i was a young child until well into adulthood i was VIOLENTLY mistreated for it. MY VERY EXISTENCE IS POLITICAL. i remember being in elementary school, being asked to line up in the hallway boys and girls, and while i knew i had a vagina and therefore was a girl, i never felt like a girl, or a boy for that matter. there wasn't the language then that there is today to describe these feelings, at least not accessible to anyone outside of an intellectual and adult setting. but we've always existed... and we always will exist, despite attempts through time to eradicate us.

i was held up in a choke hold on the school bus when i was 9, for being perceived as gay (i didnt realize i was until i had my first undeniable crush on a woman at 18) - i fought back in self defense and was suspended for fighting, the kids who assaulted me got a slap on the wrist. that was the start of my far left radicalization when i realized authority figures weren't there to protect me... i was later assaulted in a bathroom when i was 24, for being perceived as trans during the height of the bathroom bill controversy under the obama presidency. there are many more instances of being socially shunned, verbally bullied, and physically assaulted at a less intense level. all for being gay and gender nonconforming, things i have no control over. i've been in vermont now for almost 7 years - when i go home every once in a blue moon ill run into somebody from my distant past and they'll apologize to me for their behavior when we were kids. decades later! who knows what kind of person i would be or where i would be at in life if i wasn't terribly mistreated for so long just because of who i was... and FYI i didnt grow up in the deep south or some sh*t, i grew up in liberal NY in a county that went twice to obama and twice to trump.

my partner of many years and i split up recently - and let me tell you, with my raging hormones I WISH I WAS STRAIGHT. i can think of about a dozen men off the top of my head i could call up right now and sleep with if i wanted to, but the problem is that i just... don't work that way. trust me, ive tried. life would be so much easier for me (minus abortion access in half the country) if i could magically wake up as a typical straight chick.

im out and proud and in your f*** face for it as payback for mistreatment over it most of my life. i wont be silenced nor will i be made to feel like i should shrink myself for some f*** bigot's comfort.

and as for young kids, who occasionally ask me if im a boy or a girl (to the polite horror of their parents, lol) i answer them that i am a girl, who often looks like a boy, and that sometimes girls look like boys and sometimes boys look like girls but the most important thing is to treat everybody the way you want to be treated even if they are different than you. clutches pearls OMG ASHER2789 IS A GROOMER!!!!!!!

as for drag queens, its no different than clowns, mermaids, mickey mouse, whatever dress up fantasy character. we're on the brink of a civil war while trump is being raided for espionage over nuclear secrets and you and your ilk are pearl clutching over f*** drag queens??!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
We've come a long way baby. How were blacks, gays, women treated 150 years ago (worldwide)? 100 year ago? 50 years ago?

I can't tell you how to feel, but I would feel happy and vindicated about the widespread acceptances of the LGBT community. Stop looking in the rear view mirror.

But, diddling kids will never be okay.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote: Aug 19th, '22, 15:47
throbster wrote: Aug 11th, '22, 09:09 Like I said before, the LGBTXYZ movement has gone too far. Just get out of our face with the constant reminders and we all will get along. As for Drag Queens performing for kids; it is just plain wrong and way over the top.

My kids know I detest liberals and they are cool with it. I don't tell them how to think and vice versa.
what you are advocating for is for queer people to go back in the closet. i am a VISIBLY queer person. i cant hide the fact that i am not straight nor do i conform to gender standards. ive been this way since i was a young child. and since i was a young child until well into adulthood i was VIOLENTLY mistreated for it. MY VERY EXISTENCE IS POLITICAL. i remember being in elementary school, being asked to line up in the hallway boys and girls, and while i knew i had a vagina and therefore was a girl, i never felt like a girl, or a boy for that matter. there wasn't the language then that there is today to describe these feelings, at least not accessible to anyone outside of an intellectual and adult setting. but we've always existed... and we always will exist, despite attempts through time to eradicate us.

i was held up in a choke hold on the school bus when i was 9, for being perceived as gay (i didnt realize i was until i had my first undeniable crush on a woman at 18) - i fought back in self defense and was suspended for fighting, the kids who assaulted me got a slap on the wrist. that was the start of my far left radicalization when i realized authority figures weren't there to protect me... i was later assaulted in a bathroom when i was 24, for being perceived as trans during the height of the bathroom bill controversy under the obama presidency. there are many more instances of being socially shunned, verbally bullied, and physically assaulted at a less intense level. all for being gay and gender nonconforming, things i have no control over. i've been in vermont now for almost 7 years - when i go home every once in a blue moon ill run into somebody from my distant past and they'll apologize to me for their behavior when we were kids. decades later! who knows what kind of person i would be or where i would be at in life if i wasn't terribly mistreated for so long just because of who i was... and FYI i didnt grow up in the deep south or some sh*t, i grew up in liberal NY in a county that went twice to obama and twice to trump.

my partner of many years and i split up recently - and let me tell you, with my raging hormones I WISH I WAS STRAIGHT. i can think of about a dozen men off the top of my head i could call up right now and sleep with if i wanted to, but the problem is that i just... don't work that way. trust me, ive tried. life would be so much easier for me (minus abortion access in half the country) if i could magically wake up as a typical straight chick.

im out and proud and in your f*** face for it as payback for mistreatment over it most of my life. i wont be silenced nor will i be made to feel like i should shrink myself for some f*** bigot's comfort.

and as for young kids, who occasionally ask me if im a boy or a girl (to the polite horror of their parents, lol) i answer them that i am a girl, who often looks like a boy, and that sometimes girls look like boys and sometimes boys look like girls but the most important thing is to treat everybody the way you want to be treated even if they are different than you. clutches pearls OMG ASHER2789 IS A GROOMER!!!!!!!

as for drag queens, its no different than clowns, mermaids, mickey mouse, whatever dress up fantasy character. we're on the brink of a civil war while trump is being raided for espionage over nuclear secrets and you and your ilk are pearl clutching over f*** drag queens??!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
We've come a long way baby. How were blacks, gays, women treated 150 years ago (worldwide)? 100 year ago? 50 years ago?

I can't tell you how to feel, but I would feel happy and vindicated about the widespread acceptances of the LGBT community. Stop looking in the rear view mirror.

And being a drag queen does not automatically make you a child molester.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Glad that I am not a kid in today's educational system. Wife and I spent the day at the Adventure Park with an eleven year old that we act like adopted grandparents to. He mentioned that "He is not gay." My wife gave the standard reply that love is love. Then he followed up with that he is tired of all this stuff. What stuff my wife asked. The LGBTQ stuff was his answer.

Seemed strange to me that an eleven year old needs to be worried about his sexual preference. I can only guess that the local Rutland school is worried about getting a correct label on this poor kid. Maybe the fact that he has a hard time making friends or that he prefers to sit inside and play Mind Craft has the educators trying to place the gay label on him. Just seemed like this kid is not impressed with trying to be labeled and would like to be left alone.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

maybe instead of guessing you should have just asked him why
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

we had about 10ish years of feigned acceptance and corporate rainbow washing and now people's true colors are showing... as they did when i was growing up. we have bigots like you calling us child molesters for... being gender nonconforming.

meanwhile the church...
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

asher2789 wrote: Aug 25th, '22, 20:01

we had about 10ish years of feigned acceptance and corporate rainbow washing and now people's true colors are showing... as they did when i was growing up. we have bigots like you calling us child molesters for... being gender nonconforming.

meanwhile the church...
Hmmm... I don't recall calling all people in the LGBTQ community child molesters... Just the ones who dress up like over the top whores and twerk into children's faces are the ones I have a problem with.

- Simon and Garfunkel
spanky
Site Admin

Drag Queen Story Hour. WTF?

Post by spanky »

throbster wrote:Hmmm... I don't recall calling all people in the LGBTQ community child molesters... Just the ones who dress up like over the top whores and twerk into children's faces are the ones I have a problem with.
But since this guy doesn’t identify as LGBTQ, he’s OK?

https://kion546.com/news/2022/08/26/for ... rom-minor/
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

spanky wrote: Aug 26th, '22, 22:40
throbster wrote:Hmmm... I don't recall calling all people in the LGBTQ community child molesters... Just the ones who dress up like over the top whores and twerk into children's faces are the ones I have a problem with.
But since this guy doesn’t identify as LGBTQ, he’s OK?

https://kion546.com/news/2022/08/26/for ... rom-minor/
That's one hell of a stretch, flunky. But f*** no. Diddling kids is never okay.

- Simon and Garfunkel
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Aug 26th, '22, 07:29

meanwhile the church...
Hmmm... I don't recall calling all people in the LGBTQ community child molesters... Just the ones who dress up like over the top whores and twerk into children's faces are the ones I have a problem with.
and when the straights twerk in front of children that's acceptable? is cardi b's wet ass pussy on the radio acceptable? funny all this pearl clutching over a strawman while the church has a pedophilia problem
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

asher2789 wrote: Aug 28th, '22, 20:45 Is Cardi B's wet ass pussy on the radio acceptable?
Absolutely! That's the great thing about radio, no scent, no sight.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

asher2789 wrote: Aug 28th, '22, 20:45

meanwhile the church...
and when the straights twerk in front of children that's acceptable? is cardi b's wet ass pussy on the radio acceptable? funny all this pearl clutching over a strawman while the church has a pedophilia problem
Nope, I have issues with all three.

I also have a problem with Sleepy showering with his 12 year old daughter. I happen to have a 12 year old daughter and showering with her would be the creepiest f*** thing ever. WE HAVE A f*** CREEPY PEDO RUNNING THE COUNTRY. THANK YOU DEMOCRATS!!!

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

throbster wrote: Aug 29th, '22, 08:58

meanwhile the church...

I also have a problem with Sleepy showering with his 12 year old daughter. I happen to have a 12 year old daughter and showering with her would be the creepiest f*** thing ever. WE HAVE A f*** CREEPY PEDO RUNNING THE COUNTRY. THANK YOU DEMOCRATS!!!
So it must have been really disturbing for you to hear all the times Trump has sexualized his own daughter even when she was a teenager.

https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/don ... ppropriate

I don't recall you ever expressing outrage there. Why not?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: Aug 30th, '22, 08:26
throbster wrote: Aug 29th, '22, 08:58 Nope, I have issues with all three.

So it must have been really disturbing for you to hear all the times Trump has sexualized his own daughter even when she was a teenager.

I think this is whataboutism.

On it's face, I agree a father should not be showering with his 12 year old daughter.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

deadheadskier wrote: Aug 30th, '22, 08:26
throbster wrote: Aug 29th, '22, 08:58

meanwhile the church...

Honestly, nothing in that link is anywhere near as f*** up as showering with your 12 year old daughter.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Did I say it was? No I didn't.

Yes it is whataboutism and it's appropriate because if there's one thing a Trump supporter looks horrendously stupid about criticizing Biden for, it's Biden potentially acting like a sexual deviant. Trump's track record of the same is pretty awful.