saturday 6/4 final report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

saturday 6/4 final report

Post by skiadikt »

well that's a wrap folks. a magnificent day. sunshine, perfect temps and we were skiing on june 4. great job by the mtn connecting the dots to provide as much continuous skiing as possible. rappelling ropes were in place on the HW, some thin spots, bottlenecks and a long bare section but everyone was smiling. none of it mattered. spoke to 2 "kids" who drove up this morning from boston. they did their 2 runs and thought it was worth the 6 hrs of driving. big line at the bell for the t-shirts (which were handed out at the top). nice gathering of the faithful at the top after last chair with the usual toasts & foto ops. access road scene was light and subdued as many folks skied their runs and moved on to their post-ski lives.

kudos to the mtn for a great season. when they made that late march snowmaking push, it was clear they had a point to prove and they proved it. one of the last 4 ski areas standing in the country. they have created an amazing spring scene that seems to grow every year. like bill graham once about the grateful dead, "they're not the best at what they do, they're the only ones that do what they do". peace out ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Spyderman
Bumper

Re: saturday 6/4 final report

Post by Spyderman »

Well said Skiadikt! Great being with you and our community! Make it a great summer.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Great to see this ersatz family in action for the last month or so and over 300 runs on Superstar. Lots of youtube documentation from Zielinskiing! This guy totally filled a vacuum that needed to be recorded!
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Agree with Spyderman - skiadikt, your words were truthful and …. well, almost poetic - thank you Killington💕
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Thank you skiadikt for the final report. I miss being there but right now I need to take care of my nutrition. I am too weak. Hope to feel much better in the fall.
Last edited by tyrolean_skier on Jun 4th, '22, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Great last day. Non stop skiing, partying and carrying on well into the night. Met Madpatski in line and Gpetrics at the Ubar. Got a shirt from The King. Saw the Chicken, The Bacon Suit, and the Tutu. Rappelled, skied, side-stepped, slid, walked, crossed crevasses and brooks. The wind kept the bugs down, but when one gets in behind your sunglasses, it's almost an emergency. Gorgeous bluebird day. This had to be the best run of spring weekend weather for K in a long time, not a single washout, and a latest in 25 years finish.

Madpatski has quite the running accomplishment, something like 204 consecutive months on skis. He's from Ottawa, and goes to Alberta to catch July - September.

You were there in each of us Ty.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Thank you, Mister Moose, for keeping me in your thoughts.
Last edited by tyrolean_skier on Jun 9th, '22, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Morning Report: Missed the 9:00 lift line and pretty much got right on at 9:30 for our One and Done. Then to the golf course and finally back to the access road for, as SA mentioned, a somewhat "tame" tailgate scene.

ROTD: Superstar. See Moose report above for the 'features' on the Superstar Park Run.

Kudos to K for joining the bottom of the Hump Wall to the rest of the skaible terrain. And, though not the Moosecelator, the rapelling ropes were some benefit negotiating the hike down the headwall.

Saw lots of bloodied forearms, etc., from the rookies skiing the dirt and rocks.

Perfect weather on the mountain, golf course, and Apres Ski sites.

Nice words SA ! Ski Ya Next Season.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

I hope some of the K ops folks were there to receive a well deserved thanks. They do like to usually remain silent heroes though.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I did 5 runs and was at the top for last chair, and then did some of the attractions at the Snowshed adventure center. Did anyone see the guy who got his ski caught in the chair? Luckily they were able to retrieve it so he didn't have to walk down.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

snoloco wrote: Jun 5th, '22, 15:53 Did anyone see the guy who got his ski caught in the chair? Luckily they were able to retrieve it so he didn't have to walk down.
How could anyone have missed it?

Not just a guy. "One of us". He was a darned good sport about it, and I think he was still glad he decided to show up yesterday.

Thought of you Ty every day we were on that hill. Hope to see you on the North Ridge in October!
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

glad to read the last report of the season skiadit, thank you to all who report throughout the season. thinking of you ty, i know you miss it.
mm, capt halfski et al, you provide some great on snow info across the season, so very much appreciated. have a great summer! :like
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

yup, it was i.
pretty funny and a happy outcome as as electrician (name i forget) who'd seen a long run of pvc pipe under the lift all season - sprung into action and brought them down.

a fine day that ended a little too early.
props to ops for stringing together a nice run of turns from the top of the snow. it did seem like more snow could have been farmed from headwall skiers left - and maybe given the day a bit more length - but splitting hairs at this.

nice writeup skiadict. and thank you again for the game-changing "where are your skis?" without that my skis are halfway down to base and i'm walking the ENTIRE way.

and yes Ty, you were in my thoughts and likewise hope to see you on the snow in the fall/winter.

mrs G: nice seeing the day off with you and mr G and D.
your pics from up the road were much appreciated and helped me make my final decision to come out.

great seeing everyone who came out. and missed those who didn't make it. a happy and healthy summer to all!
Attachments
B00D7676-DF2A-4FEE-B48A-57AF61D209C1.jpeg
B00D7676-DF2A-4FEE-B48A-57AF61D209C1.jpeg (755.69 KiB) Viewed 937 times
Bumper

Post by 180 »

PXL_20220604_133930341.jpg
PXL_20220604_133930341.jpg (376.62 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Great day with all my Stray Flakes. Thanks to everyone involved.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

As a flatlander, I'd like to personally thank Skiadkt for his daily reports and Capt Halfski for his afternoon reports. I know it takes some time to summarize your ski day, but it is appreciated to hear how the skiing is.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs