Post by skidogg »

bout time
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Post by easyrider16 »

Barr is no longer a Trump toady, going hard at the Judge who ruled for Trump on the special master question:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-barr- ... ed-appeal/

Incidentally, I think he's right - while I do think the FBI had no right to seize private documents that may be protected by attorney/client privilege, there is no reasonable explanation for the part of her decision about documents protected by executive privilege. Trump is no longer President. He doesn't have the right to assert executive privilege, and nothing at his home in Mar-a-lago is protected by that doctrine.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Capital police whistle blower lays out intelligence failures.

https://justthenews.com/government/cong ... res-pelosi

Almost looks like a set up.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Well here's something I missed: apparently the Jan 6 committee has information that indicates the White House call logs were doctored.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA12j8M3

This thing stinks to high heaven.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

The hearings are dead and Liz Cheney is toast. See you on "The View", Liz!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-ny-t ... t-wont-end

The Post’s opinion column did not hold back in describing how bloated and overbearing the committee has become. His opening said, "There are few things as irritating as a preacher who just won’t end his sermon until someone, anyone, finally steps forward to confess and repent, regardless of how far most minds long ago drifted off to thoughts of football, afternoon naps and Sunday dinner."

He added, "That’s what the tedious Jan. 6 committee feels like, with committee members determined to convince everyone, no matter how tired, uninterested or skeptical, that former president Donald Trump is evil incarnate, that his followers are dangerously wayward enablers, and that renouncing them both is the only road to salvation."

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Oct 14th, '22, 11:29former president Donald Trump is evil incarnate, that his followers are dangerously wayward enablers, and that renouncing them both is the only road to salvation.
Truth.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Oct 14th, '22, 12:07
throbster wrote: Oct 14th, '22, 11:29former president Donald Trump is evil incarnate, that his followers are dangerously wayward enablers, and that renouncing them both is the only road to salvation.
Truth.
"That’s what the tedious Jan. 6 committee feels like, with committee members (and libtard Kzoners) determined to convince everyone, no matter how tired, uninterested or skeptical"

Truth

- Simon and Garfunkel
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

PAINFUL TO EVEN HAVE A PEEK AT........and that incessant Painful Rectal Itch punim on Liz C...
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

For those who believed all of Trump's lies, the truth is difficult to bear.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Two oath keepers, including Rhodes, just got convicted of seditious conspiracy in a court of law. Can we finally put to rest the idea that Jan 6 is some kind of sham? Can you Trumpers finally admit that this was a coup attempt?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/29/politics ... index.html

As an aside, I hope the judge imposes the maximum possible sentence. What these guys did is heinous and they deserve to be made examples of to deter future conduct like this.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I think any sane person made that determination within about 15 minutes of watching it live on TV.

But if you think cultists like throbster or Fancy pants are going to accept the verdict from the deep state, you're going to be disappointed. Marks like them are going to stick to their guns until their last breath. It's a frightening reminder of how easily some humans can be manipulated into believing the lies of wannabe autocrats.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

From “The Atlantic”

The Prospect of Prison Time Spoils Far-Right Fantasies
Making extremist leaders answer for their actions will deter future violence.

By Juliette Kayyem

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... cy/672325/
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Almost two years and still nothing on the DC bomber. Pretty surprising.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Looks like those that engaged in the fake electors plot might face Federal indictments. Seems any penalty would amount to just some fines or minimal jail time, unless Jack Smith indicts these Republicans on some type of conspiracy or obstruction of congress. The latter seemingly carries the heaviest penalty.

I am curious why some states, who have been investigating this scheme for over a year now, haven't issued any indictments to date. IANAL but maybe DOJ asked them to wait for Federal indictments?

Special counsel subpoenas Georgia, New Mexico officials in 2020 election probe
https://abcnews.go.com/US/special-couns ... d=95104072
Special counsel Jack Smith has issued subpoenas to election officials in Georgia and New Mexico, including the secretary of state's offices in both states and officials in Georgia's Cobb County, for communications with or involving former President Donald Trump, his 2020 campaign aides, and a list of Trump allies involved in his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

As ABC News previously reported, Smith has also sent subpoenas to the secretary of state's offices in Michigan and Arizona and to local election officials in Michigan, Arizona and Wisconsin -- battleground states targeted by Trump and his allies in their efforts to contest the election.