Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Post by easyrider16 »

Steve Bannon, the currently indicted former White House adviser, is working to sour Donald Trump on House minority leader Kevin McCarthy.

The right-wing podcaster and other Trump allies have blamed McCarthy for a "strategic failure" by pulling back his three nominees for the House Select Committee, and two sources told the Washington Post that Bannon and other insiders were urging the former president to back someone else for House speaker if Republicans retake the majority.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAYNgiU
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote: Jun 23rd, '22, 17:52 Pardon me…

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3535 ... ter-jan-6/
It’s bad. Makes Watergate look like a parking ticket.

I hope Trump gets the nomination for 2024.

And if he doesn’t?

He’ll burn it all to the ground.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

There's a possible scenario whereby Trump sees he can't win the nomination and makes a deal with someone like DeSantis to drop out and endorse him in return for a pardon. DeSantis would do that for sure, and with Trump's endorsement, he'd likely get the nomination. A lot can happen in 2 years, but Biden is so vulnerable right now that DeSantis would likely win the general. I won't vote for him, because to me he's complicit in the whole election fraud coup attempt, but many moderates will.
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

He added: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

Donald J Trump, April 23, 2020
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mark Meadows wrote:There's a lot going on, Cass. But I don't know. Things might get real, real bad on January 6th.
They knew and Meadows sought a pardon.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Jun 28th, '22, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Pretty damning stuff coming out, here. Trump wanted to go to the capitol on Jan 6 with his followers, and planned to do it before the speech. Pat Cipollone, White House Counsel, said he had grave concerns about the legal implications of Trump going to the capitol on Jan 6, including an attempt to defraud or impede the electoral count. Cipollone urged Hutchinson to communicate to staff that they should not to allow Trump to go there. After the speech, McCarthy called Hutchinson, irate, and told her to make sure Trump doesn't come to the Capitol. Trump nonetheless tried to go to the Capitol, but his security detail refused to take him. Trump became irate and screamed at them. There was a physical altercation, after which they took him back to the west wing.

After rioters broke into the capitol, Cipollone went to Meadows's office and said, the rioters have gotten into the capitol, we have to call Trump now. Meadows replied, "he doesn't want to do anything, Pat." Pat replied, "Mark, something needs to be done or people are going to die and the blood will be on your f-ing hands." Hutchinson then heard Meadows, Cipollone, and Trump discussing the riot, and particularly the hang Mike Pence chants. She heard Meadows say, "You heard him, Pat. He thinks Pence deserves it. He doesn't think they're doing anything wrong."

*After* that conversation, Trump tweeted, "Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done...."
Last edited by easyrider16 on Jun 28th, '22, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 13:45Trump nonetheless tried to go to the Capitol, but his security detail refused to take him. Trump became irate and screamed at them. They eventually took him back to the west wing.
Not before Trump strangled his Secret Service agent.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Absolutely wild. The guy is out of his mind. How can anyone still support him?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

yup
Attachments
kangaroo.jpeg
kangaroo.jpeg (149.48 KiB) Viewed 77394 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Well, I suppose there's always some fool willing to believe almost anything.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 28th, '22, 15:32 Well, I suppose there's always some fool willing to believe almost anything.
Even Fox News is saying today’s testimony is stunning.

Choking a Secret Service is hard to defend. What happened to back the blue?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Suckers
Attachments
Screenshot_20220628-182229-579.png
Screenshot_20220628-182229-579.png (629.5 KiB) Viewed 77368 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

See this is the problem with not reading. If you read the document you posted, it clearly states that trump has a switch to lower the partition between the passenger and driver compartments.

Who's the sucker, Throbster? Maybe it's the guy who gets his facts from Twitter?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

He consumes the Trumpist propaganda spin every time and at breakneck speed.

Give us "Hutchinson" is just a lying coffee girl throbster. You know you wanna