Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Jun 7th, '22, 20:46
deadheadskier wrote: Jun 7th, '22, 11:07 Brainwashed into Trumptopia. It's absolutely amazing how bad he's got his sycophants under his thumb still.
What's wrong with Trumptopia? Gas/oil/lng was cheap, there wasn't a war raging in Ukraine and you could find what you needed in retail for a fair price.
Of course no mention of Covid, which happened on his watch, tanked the economy, and Trump totally floundered his response. But in Trumptopia we don't think about the negative things unless Democrats are doing them!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

When he does answer questions he "gets in trouble". It's pretty obvious that they don't want him answering questions because he screws them up. Not a good look from the president.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

daytripper wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 07:51 When he does answer questions he "gets in trouble". It's pretty obvious that they don't want him answering questions because he screws them up. Not a good look from the president.
That is a fair criticism. I would make the same one of Trump, as he said many stupid things many times when trying to answer press questions. I remember more than once when of his staffers doing the equivalent of a facepalm in the background during his press conferences. The difference with Biden's administration is that they recognize the problem, while Trump's did not (probably because Trump was too insecure to take advice on the issue).

This isn't new. Some presidents are really good at communicating with the press and public (Clinton, Reagan, Obama) and some are pretty bad at it (George W., Biden). The ones who are bad at it typically try to avoid it.
Last edited by easyrider16 on Jun 8th, '22, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 07:44
deadheadskier wrote: Jun 7th, '22, 11:07 Brainwashed into Trumptopia. It's absolutely amazing how bad he's got his sycophants under his thumb still.
What's wrong with Trumptopia? Gas/oil/lng was cheap, there wasn't a war raging in Ukraine and you could find what you needed in retail for a fair price.
Of course no mention of Covid, which happened on his watch, tanked the economy, and Trump totally floundered his response. But in Trumptopia we don't think about the negative things unless Democrats are doing them!
More evidence that you must be from another planet. Trump handled the CHI-NA virus response heroically, while liberal darlings like Cuomo and Gavin put their people through needless suffering. Trump had daily briefings yet you accuse his administration for not communicating for over a year. Trump Derangement Syndrome is a term created to describe the mental illness people like you, dead weight, Boston creme pie and soyboy suffer from. The news organizations that you subscribe to have been totally discredited, yet you regurgitate their talking points like a good little radical leftist
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 08:14 Trump had daily briefings yet you accuse his administration for not communicating for over a year.
I mean, this is flat out wrong. Why don't you look these things up? After Trump's disasterous briefing during which he suggested people inject bleach to counteract the coronavirus, press briefings went on a two-month hiatus.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/controv ... d=71899110

As for going without a press briefing for more than 400 days, that actually happened.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... 3899aa24a1

What's really crazy to me is, you were there. You should have witnessed these facts. I did. I remember the bleach debacle and how Trump basically hid for two months. I remember Trump going for a year without a press briefing. If you deny these facts, you are either delusional or getting your news from sources that aren't reporting facts to you.
throbster wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 08:14 Trump Derangement Syndrome is a term created to describe the mental illness people like you, dead weight, Boston creme pie and soyboy suffer from.
I rather think TDS is better categorized as the way Trump supporters don't actually appreciate what is happening in the world around them, and instead live in a delusional Trumpland where the only facts that matter are the ones Trump claims.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Trump never suggested that people inject themselves with bleach. Look it up. Your credibility has sunk even lower.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

So you're going to quibble about the details instead of addressing the main point?

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning..."
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/po ... 113754708/

So he said disinfectant, not bleach.* How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making, that he stopped holding press conferences for two months, which directly contradicts your claims that he held daily briefings? How about you just admit when you're wrong instead of trying to change the focus of the argument?

* In fairness, one of the disinfectants they were talking about earlier in the press conference was bleach. Thus, I believe my original comment was substantially correct.
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/do ... t-april-23
Last edited by easyrider16 on Jun 8th, '22, 09:07, edited 2 times in total.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 08:06
daytripper wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 07:51 When he does answer questions he "gets in trouble". It's pretty obvious that they don't want him answering questions because he screws them up. Not a good look from the president.
That is a fair criticism. I would make the same one of Trump, as he said many stupid things many times when trying to answer press questions. I remember more than once when of his staffers doing the equivalent of a facepalm in the background during his press conferences. The difference with Biden's administration is that they recognize the problem, while Trump's did not (probably because Trump was too insecure to take advice on the issue).

This isn't new. Some presidents are really good at communicating with the press and public (Clinton, Reagan, Obama) and some are pretty bad at it (George W., Biden). The ones who are bad at it typically try to avoid it.
I'm sure trump's administration recognized the problem, they just didn't say anything because if they did they would get fired.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 08:56 So you're going to quibble about the details instead of addressing the main point?

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning..."
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/po ... 113754708/

So he said disinfectant, not bleach.* How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making, that he stopped holding press conferences for two months, which directly contradicts your claims that he held daily briefings? How about you just admit when you're wrong instead of trying to change the focus of the argument?

* In fairness, one of the disinfectants they were talking about earlier in the press conference was bleach. Thus, I believe my original comment was substantially correct.
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/do ... t-april-23
If you insist, I guess he didn't have press conferences for a while. I don't recall this but it was probably during the period of one of the hoax impeachments and his press secretary thought it was the best approach.

Regarding the bleach, he wasn't telling people to go out and inject Clorox, he was wondering if all possible options were being looked at. Big difference

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 09:23 If you insist, I guess he didn't have press conferences for a while. I don't recall this but it was probably during the period of one of the hoax impeachments and his press secretary thought it was the best approach.
Again, incorrect. The date of the press conference was April 23, 2020. Trump was acquitted of his first impeachment two months earlier on February 5, 2020. He was not impeached again until almost a year later, on January 13, 2021. He clearly stopped the press conferences because he put his foot in his mouth, not because of any impeachment issue.

And you defending Trump's question as him just trying to make sure " all possible options were being looked at" is laughable. Why can't you just admit that he made a gaffe?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

He did not tell people to inject disinfectants into their veins. Stop spreading a lie.

Unlike you, I don't spend hours searching the interweb. Get a life.

Fun fact for you to research. Pelosi broke 200 years of precident and didn't allow the House minority leader to appoint his party's committee members. Instead, the old hag appointed two Trump hating Rinos. Kangaroo court!

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

throbster wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 12:57 He did not tell people to inject disinfectants into their veins. Stop spreading a lie.

Fun fact for you to research. Pelosi broke 200 years of precident and didn't allow the House minority leader to appoint his party's committee members. Instead, the old hag appointed two Trump hating Rinos. Kangaroo court!
Anyone referring to Liz Cheney as a RINO cannot be a Republican.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 06:25
He shined the spotlight on the dumbest people in America who have zero knowledge concerning economics, international relations or healthcare and now you all take that spotlight daily parroting his total nonsense.
Sure you're not spotlighting yourself?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Fancypants wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 21:04
deadheadskier wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 06:25
He shined the spotlight on the dumbest people in America who have zero knowledge concerning economics, international relations or healthcare and now you all take that spotlight daily parroting his total nonsense.
Sure you're not spotlighting yourself?
Yes 100% certain. You're an idiot if you attribute cheap gas, no Ukraine war and better supply chain to anything specific Trump said or did. Likewise you are also an idiot if you blame Biden for expensive gas, war in Ukraine and supply chain issues. You Trumpers are overly simplistic idiots

This quote covers it:

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.
Isaac Asimov
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jun 8th, '22, 12:57 He did not tell people to inject disinfectants into their veins. Stop spreading a lie.

Hey bozo, I posted his direct quote, where he specifically uses the words "by injection." Why can't you just accept reality? He said a stupid thing. All politicians say stupid things sometimes. Trump said them a lot, and so does Biden. Just own up to it.

And nice way to try to shift the attention once again to something else by bringing up Pelosi. Also, just so you know, these replies typically take me under five minutes because I know how to use the internet.